Taiko General Discussion thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nwolf
Raiden
and more to come
Edgar_Figaro
Also we are pretty much doubling the number of ranked 7 star maps.
Nwolf
we are off to a good start!

20 ranked maps in January
15 ranked maps in February

compared to 17/15 last year
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I forgot where I was at holy shit

I have to write it somewhere oh god
Surono

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Also we are pretty much doubling the number of ranked 7 star maps.
8 star maps soon tm
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
updated the mappers list
we at 404 boys

our mode is officially not found
and this joke is absolutely original
crystalsuicune
Bloody hell we have a list?!

I guess I don't really count since I just leave mine over at Ao no Senritsu instead of the BSS o3o
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

crystalsuicune wrote:

I guess I don't really count since I just leave mine over at Ao no Senritsu instead of the BSS o3o
didnt you have a ranked tf2 map

you're aware if you lie i'm gonna show you the drum mecha the community praises
crystalsuicune

Unmei Muma wrote:

crystalsuicune wrote:

didnt you have a ranked tf2 map

you're aware if you lie i'm gonna show you the drum mecha the community praises
Well alright you got me there.

I've gotten over the whole Taikonator thing y'know

Tama is still better
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I've counted only ranked maps up to when I've last updated
if it were by all map counts the result would be really different and I wouldn't be able to give precise dates for every map.
Like if I find a 2012 map from someone, but that plays like one of his 2015, how will i guess
crystalsuicune
Oh yeah it's easier to handle that way, god knows how many unranked/unsubmitted charts are there.
It's okay though, I haven't mapped anything in quite a while anyways.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

F
OnosakiHito
We need updated guides for taiko modding and mapping. The ones I made are from a stone age time and do not really represent the, let's say, evolved standards. We might want to wait for the new RC, but is there any soul out there who could imagine to manage something like this? Maybe someone of the BNs? An F&Q might be not bad either with frequently asked questions.

Edit: Btw that doesn't mean just to write it. You need people to give opinions on it and have some kind of approval as well.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
i can manage this shit

COME AT ME SCIENCE DISBELIEVERS
Nwolf
22 ranked maps in March
16 ranked maps in April
Coro
i have risen from my grave
so, what's changed in the 'getting a map ranked' cycle
how hard/easy has it gotten now? expected time?
minimum star priority? how many important people to piss off ask to look before it can be ranked
much thanks
crystalsuicune

Coro wrote:

i have risen from my grave
so, what's changed in the 'getting a map ranked' cycle
how hard/easy has it gotten now? expected time?
minimum star priority? how many important people to piss off ask to look before it can be ranked
much thanks
Oh hey it's been a while since you showed up here.
So how bout that Ao no Senritsu
Nwolf
25 ranked maps in May! Woohoo!

(fyi 18 mania and 5 catch maps)
Nwolf
32 ranked taiko maps in June! Quite amazing work by old and of course our new BNs.
Nardoxyribonucleic
Isn't it 32 instead of 30? :o
Nwolf
26 in July. And yes it's 26
[Lunatic Elf]
roufou
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11I3 ... sp=sharing don't expect me to actually update this but whatever I'll just link it here cause why not I made it so might as well.

Rules are simple just pass all songs in a course and I guess you'll be considered that specific rank w.
Nwolf
Taiko: LMS4 has now started! t/634615
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I'm ANGERYwolf and I'm here to tell you: 25 in August
Nwolf
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Incoming FAQ about Taiko. I have a few questions already answered, but I might need some more feedback. If you want to take part to this, whether it is for proofreading (hi Raiden) or giving more questions I might have missed, throw me a PM :eyes:
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
HUGE FUCKIN UPDATE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The Mega Thingy About The Mappers That I Left Alone For Months™ is updated and BOY do we have spicy data. Have a look and TELL ME RIGHT IN THE EYES THAT TAIKO IS DEAD, I DARE YOU
roufou
bump

I made a thread for a project wanting to rank more TV Size stuff with easier diffs, please check if you're interested https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/7092263
OnosakiHito
The Taiko Resource Packs thread has been updated!
Also half of the pinned topics are unpinned as they were not relevant nowadays anymore.

Additionally...

1. The [Guide] Mapping Taiko Difficulties probably needs to be updated and get references to the Wiki article.
  2. The Taiko Modding Academy has potential to be changed into something Ascendance made for this.

I simply feel like we should use this forum more again, instead of just staying in our discord servers.
yuda666
play with keyboard is difficult for me....
Rigbyuis
bump
KatK1

OnosakiHito wrote:

I simply feel like we should use this forum more again, instead of just staying in our discord servers.
agreed
npc_BeaniCraft