forum

Request: Active mod for G&R

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
At this point mod work looks like a joke:

t/612007
t/611639

Maybe some of then responsible for forum should drop this function (since idk how long GnR wasn't moderated AT ALL besides me asking personally) and give a place to people who are active and can handle this?

I really don't want to constantly ask mods for help with this kind of topics which belongs in oblivion or offtopic.
Sandy Hoey
Or we could just get rid of that one guy :thinking:
DJ Enetro

[Taiga] wrote:

At this point mod work looks like a joke:

t/612007
t/611639

Maybe some of then responsible for forum should drop this function (since idk how long GnR wasn't moderated AT ALL besides me asking personally) and give a place to people who are active and can handle this?

I really don't want to constantly ask mods for help with this kind of topics which belongs in oblivion or offtopic.
Makes sense tbh, have you asked him to stop already? Yes you did, in the form of Sandy Hoey

Taiga, have you asked the mods to silence him?
Sandy Hoey
I reported, nothing so far. But maybe they have better things to do
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
Well, reported him already.
Asked mod once to move this topic: t/611132 which was also a pure troll (glad it got moved, thanks Flan)

Dunno, maybe staff need more mods?
Or... maybe certain infamous mod from #osu could just stop silencing people for pure bullshit and move his ass to do productive things?
Or... maybe just...

I ask very polite - Pretty please, delegate one or two active moderator(s) to take care of G&R
Sandy Hoey

[Taiga] wrote:

I ask very polite - Pretty please, delegate relegate one or two active moderator(s) to take care of G&R
ftfy
Stefan
But I mean, reporting issues like this to a group of dedicated users like us is too hard.

Taiga please
DJ Enetro
Really Stef, how many reports does it take before you look into their action history

And what are you asking Taiga to do
He's not asking for much, just 1-2 will suffice (be enough)
johnmedina999
This post from deadbeat is really nice.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6098842
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

johnmedina999 wrote:

Have nothing to do with this particular case.

Guy who triggered whole situation got reported by several people, not only from discord but also outside due how he is trolling by shitposts in forum section where some kind of taste should be kept. I am aware that "we" are not polite people there and at some point we can justify this. His action cannot be justified by anything.

But I mean, reporting issues like this to a group of dedicated users like us is too hard.
Stefan, with all my respect, you know I have it a lot to GMT team - "report function" on guy profile was used by several people, I personally tried to report him twice and system didn't let me. And it is not about second post, it started after his first troll post which was there for like... 3-4 days till now. For 3-4 days nobody looked at it.
Tae

[Taiga] wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Guy who triggered whole situation got reported by several people, not only from discord but also outside due how he is trolling by shitposts in forum section where some kind of taste should be kept. I am aware that "we" are not polite people there and at some point we can justify this. His action cannot be justified by anything.
How does it not?

If you pay attention to them, you just fuel them further. If you just simply ignore his posting, he'll get bored and go away. You've seen it in OT before now, why wouldn't it work here Taiga?

"We" are not polite people? Speak for yourself, you choose to be a dick to these people. He's trolling you yes, but as I said, you're fuelling it.

Do something by doing nothing.

Think before you post Taiga. You're as bad as the people you complain about non-stop.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
How does it not?

If you pay attention to them, you just fuel them further. If you just simply ignore his posting, he'll get bored and go away. You've seen it in OT before now, why wouldn't it work here Taiga?
In both situations I didn't posted a single letter there. You cannot tell me that I was one who fueled this guy in GnR. In offtopic - yes - because OT itself is a garbage collector.

"We" are not polite people? Speak for yourself, you choose to be a dick to these people. He's trolling you yes, but as I said, you're fuelling it.

First off - I am not a dick towards newbies, and I never was unless a guy decided to turn into a dick for me. Simple rule of how your behavior backfire. He wasn't trolling me tho, I don't know from where you took that.

Second off - I cannot leave GnR alone since it is NOT A PLACE where you post utter shit. Maybe you can pass by, I am not since in this forum, I kinda born there (same as I never got silenced for posting this kind of topics in GnR).

You're as bad as the people you complain about non-stop.
At least I contribute towards newbies Q&A pretty often, please add something from yourself in that matter before you call me out that way.

Anyway, if situations raised some attention to problems in GnR within mod group, I think topic can be closed.
johnmedina999

[Taiga] wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

Not with this exact case, no. My point wad that moderators do not have to do everything solely because they have the power. As Tae said, you can ignore them if you believe to be a troll, or help them if you believe them to be a mistaken newbie. Asking for moderation will get you nowhere; instead, ask how you can work with moderators to achieve your goals.
Mahogany

Tae wrote:

If you pay attention to them, you just fuel them further. If you just simply ignore his posting, he'll get bored and go away. You've seen it in OT before now, why wouldn't it work here Taiga?.
u dont understand forums
DJ Enetro
You can't necessarily rely on people to report trollers to forums.

Even if no one else posts, OP might multi

Mahogany wrote:

u dont understand forums
Well how does it work? Don't say that it's common sense
Dntm8kmeeatu

[Taiga] wrote:

- "report function" on guy profile was used by several people, I personally tried to report him twice and system didn't let me. And it is not about second post.
Please use the !report command in game, and not the website for anything that requires more Immediate response.

Reporting via the website is great for things like Inappropriate names or Foul Play. But things requiring immediate, or quicker action should be reported by using the in game system.

You are also free to PM me on the website, or in game (if I'm online) about anything that might need attention on any forum (excluding language specific). I always read messages ASAP.
DJ Enetro

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Please use the !report command in game, and not the website for anything that requires more Immediate response.

Reporting via the website is great for things like Inappropriate names or Foul Play. But things requiring immediate, or quicker action should be reported by using the in game system.

You are also free to PM me on the website, or in game (if I'm online) about anything that might need attention on any forum (excluding language specific). I always read messages ASAP.
He has already utilized the bancho command.

But Dnt's hand is wide open Taiga, you should take it.

Do you have an idea of the situation Taiga's laying out?
Pachiru

Tae wrote:

How does it not?

Think before you post Taiga. You're as bad as the people you complain about non-stop.
Thanks for expressing my opinion Tae.