forum

What universal audio offset setting do you use?

posted
Total Posts
show more
lolcubes
It's automatic. There would really be no point in it if it wasn't.

Usually UO is in -5 to +5 range for most of the people, so unless you are really feeling those few extra ms, you don't have to change it from 0.

I use -70 because my sound card is terrible.
Oinari-sama
-10 ms
RaneFire
This is confusing:
If you received an Online Offset, you can [1] manually adjust it yourself for the difficulty you are playing using "Plus" (=/+) or "Minus" (-/_) to increase/decrease the beatmap's offset by 5ms (holding alt while pressing Plus or Minus will allow you to change the offset by 1ms) or [2] go to the Universal Audio Offset and adjust it yourself then revert it back to normal upon finishing the said beatmap.
??? It's the only source even remotely mentioning online offset in the wiki.

I did a LOT of searching around before just to find out if it was automatic or not. I eventually find out that it is automatic, but only through other players' discussion... much like in this thread now.

Also here:
Make good use of the Offset Wizard. The songs are quite old and some hit-circles may come late/early so make sure to look out for Online Offset should it appeared.
*Cough* Can't blame anyone for thinking it wasn't automatic.
lolcubes
Man, check the thread age, it's 5 years old. Thing used to be different back then. :p

Just let it die. ;_;
Seikunai
0 ms
Lach
To put a nail in the coffin, so to speak, http://osu.ppy.sh/b/20382

You can check in editor for the snapping, and then play the map.
demonikid
guys , can someone explain me why the offset is so important?????? i play with +50 offset when i first downloadded osu! ( ~2 years) and i`m just fine.... altrough i rarely managed to get an gold SS but i have some ;) P.S. : sorry for my bad english >_>
Lach

demonikid wrote:

guys , can someone explain me why the offset is so important?????? i play with +50 offset when i first downloadded osu! ( ~2 years) and i`m just fine.... altrough i rarely managed to get an gold SS but i have some ;) P.S. : sorry for my bad english >_>
It literally shifts the entire timing window by the interval you set it to. +50 is fairly large, and since you don't know how it works, I would say you have no specific reason to have it set to anything but 0.
Mamoru Senpai
[ Stellar ]
What the hell is universal audio offset?
Seriously, I never tried to mess around with it.
buny

[ Stellar ] wrote:

What the hell is universal audio offset?
Seriously, I never tried to mess around with it.
basically if you had +10ms offset, any map you play will have the music start 10ms later, so compared to 0ms you would need to hit the beats earlier.

Not really useful though unless you actually have a hardware issue, since most maps generally have different "incorrect" offsets (honestly though, it's unnoticeable with the maps we have these days)
Skriggniichan
Zero. I've never messed with the offset wizard and don't see a reason to.
Elzapatoverde
I'm using -6 I don't remember if it is the default or i changed it xD
Rewben2
-2 sounded best from using the offset wizard
chong601
:P
Volcanism
I use -14 now, but I used 0 before I changed my headphones. This was because I noticed that the game felt out of sync with my new headphones, and this is the number that seems to fix that.
Wander Away
I used to play with 0ms with no problem, but now I just plugged in a piece of sound card into my system and now im playing decent with -60ms. Probably needs more tweaking, but that's what I'm comfortable with right now.
Cocaine dog
Planky
7ms
Ryoid
68ms most comfortable
already try with -15,30,10,0,-40 etc. still my accuracy suck
KupcaH
:kms:
ItsYards15
-3ms