EDIT -- File type: avi
File size: 21.7 MB
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Length: 1:29
Frame Rate: 23 FPS
Bit Rate: 2032 kbs
(Note: I did remove the audio from it)

- Problem -
When I try importing it as a background all it does is make a a *ding* and then without ANY pop ups like "errors" at all...nothing happens. Soooo I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I've looked everywhere and most people have pop ups that help explain what went wrong. I get NOTHING so I'm lost.

PS - Also if it helps the song is from the anime Re Creators and it's the opening called "Gravity Wall"
Rivals_7
whats the video format? iirc osu can only read avi. and flv. (mostly avi. though)
Endaris
Make sure your video uses an encoding that osu! can read.
There are proprietary encodings that osu! won't know how to open, depending on which codec you used.
This also means that mp4 does not equal mp4 (or whatever format you used).
So recheck which codec you used to render the video and try a different one or give us insight on how you created the video.
Topic Starter
Magic_0ne

Rivals_7 wrote:

whats the video format? iirc osu can only read avi. and flv. (mostly avi. though)
Video format is avi
Topic Starter
Magic_0ne

Endaris wrote:

Make sure your video uses an encoding that osu! can read.
There are proprietary encodings that osu! won't know how to open, depending on which codec you used.
This also means that mp4 does not equal mp4 (or whatever format you used).
So recheck which codec you used to render the video and try a different one or give us insight on how you created the video.
I don't know what codec it is b/c I used the video converter "WonderShare Video Converter Ultimate" and had the codec ouput set to auto. If you could tell me which codec to use I can make it that in a snap!
Endaris
Can you upload the map so one can take a closer look?
Topic Starter
Magic_0ne

Endaris wrote:

Can you upload the map so one can take a closer look?
ok sure thing but this is my first map and I haven't started on the notes yet...heck I don't even know if I did the beat right. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvsfgwccegucaaf/MyMap.zip?dl=0

Note this is a dropbox link so it make take time to upload so if the link is dead just give it some time. Since my map is NO WHERE near even started I don't wanna upload it directly and the osu threads, from what I can tell, don't let you upload anything more than an image. I hope this will do for now.
Endaris
The video runs for me.
Check if you have this setting enabled:
Topic Starter
Magic_0ne

Endaris wrote:

The video runs for me.
Check if you have this setting enabled:
well damn...what a stupid mistake...I read about enabling video but I always looked at the main menu options...whoops. Well thanks also I noticed at the beginning at has an image first and then fades to the video...if I put an image in there, would it use that image before it fades to the video? Oh and I don't know how this works this is my first time using osu threads as well but, after this is answered do I have to lock the thread since it's been answered?

PS - Thanks for all the help ;)
Endaris
The image would get used as the thumbnail for the beatmap and also for the people who choose to disable the video.
Depending on your video-offset, the background might also be visible for a brief amount of time but if you don't set a specific video-offset it would not.

You don't have to lock the thread (actually you can't). It will just go inactive and disappear on later pages, waiting to get found by people with the same problem via Search-function.