forum

Proposing a new system encouraging for a veteran newcomer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-Sandy Corzeta-
Lately i saw a quite several conflicts around my regional community about some players have been accused into cheating. The motive was because those some players were an ex-veteran from other rhythm game player (O2Jam, LR2, StepMania) have a sudden raise into top of their statistics with a little few records on their account. So, some of people who doesn't know this ex-veteran report it with a cheating accusation. Which is problematic and drawing a more drama over a community.

After knowing the problems, i came up with an idea of making a quarantine for those veteran newcomer. Instead of restricting those account, staff should do a review within those account and make it as in quarantine state to make sure if the account is eligible as a veteran newcomer from other rhythm game. In order to review, staff ask about the portofolio of veteran newcomer such as, LR2 stats, Live play video, or etc. If its eligible, the account would pass the review and quarantine state is lifted. But if its not, the account goes into restricted mode and probably can be banned.
_Meep_
Let haters be haters
Everyone comes into this game as a new player and considering them as 'veteran newcomer' really makes no difference
one player I can think of is https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4477497
he hasnt played much
but hes a fuckin god at mania
no one can say that he cheats, hes legit
O2MasterFX
You know what you're requesting is a something that needs to be build from scratch, right?
A review system for 'veteran newcomer' is not helping. Why?

First, the reviewer has to differentiate what is cheating and what is legit. This is next to impossible in mania and taiko since you only judge them via hit-error and hit-misses.
Second, If the reviewer get it wrong, the player will be banned until 6 months appealing.
Third, Not much players interested in this kind of thing, makes selecting reviewers hard.
Fourth, If this request is acknowledged, chances are it will be put aside because devs would make the system from ground up again. Which means they have to implement new anti-cheat system that logs everything players do.

Like Meep said, it really makes no difference.

The best safest way to overcome this is let players appeal themself. If they were accused cheating, contact account@ppy.sh by sending proof.
dionzz99

-Sandy Corzeta- wrote:

staff should do a review within those account and make it as in quarantine state to make sure if the account is eligible as a veteran newcomer from other rhythm game. In order to review, staff ask about the portofolio of veteran newcomer such as, LR2 stats, Live play video, or etc. If its eligible, the account would pass the review and quarantine state is lifted. But if its not, the account goes into restricted mode and probably can be banned.
that's the purpose of restricted section. you have to send the appeal mail provided with some proofs that you play legit.
i forgot to tell you about this thing rip

_Meep_

dionzz99 wrote:

-Sandy Corzeta- wrote:

staff should do a review within those account and make it as in quarantine state to make sure if the account is eligible as a veteran newcomer from other rhythm game. In order to review, staff ask about the portofolio of veteran newcomer such as, LR2 stats, Live play video, or etc. If its eligible, the account would pass the review and quarantine state is lifted. But if its not, the account goes into restricted mode and probably can be banned.
that's the purpose of restricted section. you have to send the appeal mail provided with some proofs that you play legit.
i forgot to tell you about this thing rip

you're practially banned for 6 months whether or not you're legit. You can appeal after that however
Caput Mortuum
no 6 months is banned cooldown, not restricted
a false alarm can be addressed properly
_Meep_

Eraser wrote:

no 6 months is banned cooldown, not restricted
a false alarm can be addressed properly
pretty recently there was one
but yea im talkin abt banned not restricted mb
ArcherLove

O2MasterFX wrote:

First, the reviewer has to differentiate what is cheating and what is legit. This is next to impossible in mania since you only judge them via hit-error and hit-misses..
clearly you know nothing haha
O2MasterFX
Maybe, I haven't played mania for months now...