forum

Student/Teacher Mapping program?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maxylan
I've watched, like many others. Pishifat's videos.
I noticed that in a video he released some time in February he mentioned this program, that's been actively ongoing for the past coupple of years.
He does explain it in great detail but I've got a few questions, let me know if I'm forgetful and accidentally asked something he already explained in the video
:)

1. Are there set dates for the recruitment cycle of Students and/or when will the next one take place?
  2. Is the Discord server where the program is being taught available to the public?
  3. Which Forum/Sub-forum is the recruitment taking place?
  4. I'm guessing there arn't any requirments (other than having a great interest in learning mapping of course) and/or history in mapping needed to apply to be a student. Asking to be a 100% sure? Because if there isn't how do the pupils get selected?
  5. Is there a possibility to apply for a ticket in an already ongoing cycle of the program, so if one student leaves there's a chance someone can take his place?
Thanks in advance!!
Even if anyone replying to this post only can answer one or two of my questions i'll be very thankful

// Ignore my cringe username, for the love of god i beg you to not be biased it will change as soon as i get a supporter tag i promise
Endaris
The cycles are announced in the Beatmap Management subforum 115
Chances of getting in are fairly slim. All of your questions should be answered in the latest announcement post for the summer cycle.
Topic Starter
Maxylan

Endaris wrote:

The cycles are announced in the Beatmap Management subforum 115
Chances of getting in are fairly slim. All of your questions should be answered in the latest announcement post for the summer cycle.
Thank you so much for the reply! That forum post was great and filled with most of the answers i sought.
Still though, it didn't explain what the requirments/history was needed to apply because the application site was closed, and it doesn't appear to be any other information regarding that.
Two other things it also didn't mention was if the discord server was available to the public and if it was possible to in some way submit some form of ticket to take a place in case a mentee get's kicked/leaves the program. I mean it's safe to say those two things are not possible because no one has said anything about that but better safe then sorry, no?

Should i just contact Okarin in a P.M? He/she seems like a busy person..
Endaris
There aren't specific requirements.
For Mentee-applications you have to fill out the same questions you can see being answered by the mentors in the spreadsheet overview.
On top of that you can select 3 mentors you would prefer over the others, give reasons for that, name your favorite mappers and give an example work of your mapping.
There is no special requirement bound to application aside from the ones listed in the thread.
The discord server is not public to my knowledge. On occasion, certain stuff that is produced in the context of the program is getting published in this subforum here.
I think replacing someone this late is very unlikely but it's not going to steal more than 5min of Oko's time so go ahead I guess.