forum

[invalid] [duplicate] .gif as Profile Picture

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +24
Topic Starter
Soner Wolf
I searched for other requests like this but haven't found any. Sorry if this is a double.

I think that, as a supporter feature, users should have the option/ability to use a .gif file as their profile picture. It would be really fun to see users win a multiplayer match and have their animated gif giving everyone a thumbs up or a wink etc. Maybe more for Osu!Lazer?

That's all I've got! Gif profile pics would be nice. :)
Sandy Hoey
I swear this is already possible somehow. I've seen profile pics that are gif's here before. Not sure how they do it though and what the requirements/restrictions are
Pawsu
This is possible, but only on the website. The gif will show on the website, but will be treated as a png in-game. Tbh, I don't think that will change. It's just a guess, but implementing .gif avatars in-game sounds difficult + straining on the server.

*You can change your avatar by converting the file to ".apng". That usually lets you do it.
Topic Starter
Soner Wolf

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I swear this is already possible somehow. I've seen profile pics that are gif's here before. Not sure how they do it though and what the requirements/restrictions are
Yeah, but I am specifically meaning gifs in game
Nathanael

peppy wrote:

Denying this as I totally disagree with gif support.

peppy wrote:

Because animated avatars aren't something I want to see in osu!? Also, they are usually several hundreds of kilobytes.