forum

[invalid] [web] old.ppy.sh (please?)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou
I understand that new.ppy.sh will be replacing osu!'s official website theme soon... but would it be ok if the old website version will retain for players with slow internet connectivity on their countries...? Its like putting a fallback/internet friendly version for the website.... Naming it old.ppy.sh will do i think... :3

I'm also thinking of putting the fallback version on a much more limited scope for website access... but, Any thoughts? :3
O2MasterFX
I think the new site is responsive enough to retain the slow internet connection.
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou

O2MasterFX wrote:

I think the new site is responsive enough to retain the slow internet connection.
I think its not. :( :o
O2MasterFX
For now, it isn't. But we'll see about it in the future...
The reason why the new website isn't yet to be implemented is because lack of features and optimization.
7ambda

O2MasterFX wrote:

it takes much longer to load the new website on my iPad than the old one
MillhioreF
This probably isn't going to happen, since the old website and the new one run on completely different codebases. Maintaining old code and new code at the same time is a big waste of effort that could be used to improve the new code.

It would be nice to get a lite mode on the new website for slower connections, and that's much more likely of a possibility, but it's still quite far off. We still have to finish the existing one after all!
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou

MillhioreF wrote:

This probably isn't going to happen, since the old website and the new one run on completely different codebases. Maintaining old code and new code at the same time is a big waste of effort that could be used to improve the new code.

It would be nice to get a lite mode on the new website for slower connections, and that's much more likely of a possibility, but it's still quite far off. We still have to finish the existing one after all!
I understand. :) probably the lite mode is a better idea. :3