forum

How did you guys get into the arts?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
winterskyline
Hey you guys I'd like to know how some of you got into arts and about your current status in your art career and your feedback.

Question 1. What career path are you interested or currently in?

Question 2. How did you get into the arts?

Question 3. What do you like the most about it?

Questions 4. What don't you like about it?

Question 5. How did you get your art noticed?

Question 6. What challenges have you faced in the arts?

Question 7. Is the arts always what you wanted to pursue or was there another field you wanted to get involved in?

Question 8. How do you think your art affects people?

Question 9. What advice would you give to people who what to pursue a future in the arts or in the career you're currently in?
Luqanted
1. i dont have those thingys..
2. i was just drawing cartoons to anime to semi-realistic to realistic
3. wasting my time
4. when i feel that my drawings are crap
5. when i was a kid i was drawing naruto and my mom said it was great and she praised me
6. proportions
7. i draw for fun
8. i help some friends to draw?
9. practice everyday. find ur own art style.
sleampy
Music counts as an "art," right?

Question 1. I move around and play piano and guitar at bars and restaurants and hotels, anyone who'll pay me
Question 2. My mom forced me to take piano lessons until I was out of high school, starting at the age of 6
Question 3. Being able to do something at least a little better than most people, unlike most things I do
Questions 4. Having to practice every day
Question 5. My school heard my playing and had me play for a few plays, I guess.
Question 6. Learning new instruments and becoming proficient at each one
Question 7. No, when I grew up I wanted to be a pilot
Question 8. I always hope that when I play for people, it makes them happy and when it does, it makes me happy
Question 9. Just... practice
a1l2d3r4e5d6

neonninja221 wrote:

Music counts as an "art," right?
It does but in the context of this thread, and it's location in osu's Art subforum and not in the Music Hall subforum, I'm assuming OP meant visual arts.

Been holding off in answering these, sorely because I quesion whether I am truly in an art career or not.

winterskyline wrote:

- At the moment, nothing. I've yet to find something I'm truly interested in.

- Boredom, one day, a few years back. I guess a young me was interested in creating worlds and seeing them come to life.

- The idea that it's like a bottomless pit. You're limited by only your imagination, otherwise you can create a large variety of pieces.

Question 4. What don't you like about it?
- In my opinion, it takes so much time to perfect. Sometimes it's quite frustrating, to me at least.

- It hasn't? I rarely show the majority of whatever I draw to people.

- Improving. I started from scratch with no previous experience. Even now, I'm going at this on my own.
- Also, motivation. I'm always harsh on what I make, so if it never goes right for too long, it puts me off.

Question 7. Is the arts always what you wanted to pursue or was there another field you wanted to get involved in?
- No. To be honest, I don't have any strong aspirations. I wanted to be a pilot once, then an architect, then a chef... :v

- It doesn't? Idk, I just want them to smile ever so slightly or say 'wow' when they see a piece I made.

Question 9. What advice would you give to people who what to pursue a future in the arts or in the career you're currently in?
- I'd say if you're really passionate about it, whether art or another field, you put your all into it.
- Keep at it. Experience is valuable. The more you do, the quicker you'll get the hang of it.
JayM3_
I want to study gastronomy someday when i graduate from IB

Maybe when i saw this forum like 4 months ago and got inspired by some artists who do GFX in this subforum

Well. what i like about is that for example my main-style is C4D which is very 3d like or let us say other worldly or unnatural so if i had to put it in 1 sentence it must be that i like to put these characters i use in my own world and let them tell a story about themselves

Questions 4. What don't you like about it?
What i dont like about it is that it takes a ton of times for me i've done GFX for the past 4 months and i've spent tons of hours and sleepless hours on it just to try and improve myself.
Sometimes it really frustrates me when the art that i make is just another one for the trashbin >.<

Well... it all started when i made my own thread on this subforum :D and spread my art on to DeviantArt now i made a discord group called Artem Familia where the artists in this subforum can share and show their knowledge and techniques to try and improve eachother in the field of GFX.

It is where i tried and learned certain styles that contains very difficult techniques and try to learn them and failed one after another.

Well i want to be a chef lmao. but i just got into this shit because i drew tons before.

Well i just want them to see what i made and hopefully get inspired

I would say never give up ;)