forum

If I changed a beatmap's BGV to another, is it "new"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SisconOniisan
I mean, if I changed this song's background into just the AMV, would osu consider it as a different beatmap? I imagine osu will consider it a different map if you change the notes, but I'm just not sure if the same applies to the background.

This is my first time that I'd like to mod a beatmap so, yeah, I have no idea what'll happen.
Lyawi
That doesn't apply to backgrounds iirc. Also no idea why you posted in the Skinning forum since this has nothing to do with skinning :p
h3oCharles
Changing the background won't do anything bad, however giving the diffspread a video and setting it to the diffs will cause them to be unranked and will promt you to update to latest version of them
Topic Starter
SisconOniisan
I have tried just swapping out images in the directory for other beatmaps but I was just unsure for the beatmap I linked since it had a slideshow-ish kind of BG.
I'll try it out anyway. Heh.

Lyawi wrote:

That doesn't apply to backgrounds iirc. Also no idea why you posted in the Skinning forum since this has nothing to do with skinning :p
I am technically just gonna skin a beatmap's bg...i guess.? :P

Seriously though, I still have no idea what this and that forum is yet so please let this slide for now.