forum

Disabling circles brightening up before clicking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iLostReason
So i changed the skin i've been playing with for past 2 years yesterday, and for some reason i haven't noticed it before (might be because my previous circles were white) but now that my circles are red, i realized that all circles brighten up before clicking them (around the same time approach circle appears on them). I find it quite distracting because it makes it look like circles are animated. Is there any way of making all circles just stay the same color despite where/when they appear or is it just an osu thing that they have to briight up a little?

here's an image, even tho i imagine its hard to see what i mean when seeing image only

Basically i want all of the circles be the same color as either 1 or 2. Now when i think about it, maybe every circle is dimmed up before approach circle shows up on them, because circle [1] has the brighter color that i set in photoshop, while [2] is darker.
O2MasterFX
I think you're entering kiai time. Kiai time slightly lighten up the circles to let you know that, and it doesn't need lighting.png.
It's intended.
h3oCharles
yea, that's kiai time, there's no way around it.

If you mean in slow AR circle tapped very early and it will shake, then it'll be brighter after some time, then there's no way around it too.
Fatal3ty
Darker circle is Notelocks and pulsing circle is kiai. Is normal with colored circle. :)

You can't disable this.
Topic Starter
iLostReason
I see, kk thanks guys. I noticed that skins which have circles and default numbers merged together as for example default-1.png (like in www's 1.8 skin) don't brighten up like that, i might try to merge my hitcircleoverlay/hitcircle with numbers too and see if that is the solution.