forum

General Achievement Request Thread

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +152
show more
Chintam
Top dog - hold 1# position for more than 1 week
King of the hill - hold 1# position for more than 2 months
I'm on top of the world - hold 1# position for more than 1 year

Hotly contested - retake the 1# position 4 times within a week on the same map (must be ranked)
Infinicy
How about an achievement for getting X overall score on your profile as well as X amount of ranked score?(Could be 1,000,000,000, 10,000,000,000, 100,000,000,000, and 1,000,000,000,000 ranked score, and 10,000,000,000, 100,000,000,000, 1,000,000,000,000, and 10,000,000,000,000 overall/ unranked score.) These could be separated by gamemode as well. (Couldn't come up with names for these guys :C)

We have achievements for overall ranking, but what about for country ranking? (#1 in your country could be "Next stop, the world" for example)
Stefan
Still curious if peppy actually knows about this thread and the suggestions.
7ambda
We need forum hush hush achievements.
Luqanted

F1r3tar wrote:

We need forum hush hush achievements.
Ted_the_red

Stefan wrote:

well there is apperently around 300+ achivements that have been made to be released, so I'm sure some have been made from this thread
Stefan

Ted wrote:

Stefan wrote:

well there is apperently around 300+ achivements that have been made to be released, so I'm sure some have been made from this thread
Wait what, from where do you have this?
Ted_the_red

Stefan wrote:

Wait what, from where do you have this?

From Ephemeralis
Stefan
mother of god, that's a lot. inb4 I get addicted because of medals
DarkStoorM
Holy crap, I thought he's done with the current ones (120~) ...
I guess it's time to start playing all the game modes soon O:
Stefan
Bump. Since https://osu.ppy.sh/news/149074719383 happened I think it's a good time to revive this and see if more can be added from here.
Ashton

Stefan wrote:

Bump. Since https://osu.ppy.sh/news/149074719383 happened I think it's a good time to revive this and see if more can be added from here.

Hahahahahahaha forums existed 3 years ago😅😭😅😭
Ashton

Stefan wrote:

Hahahahahahaha forums existed 3 years ago😅😭😅😭
Edgar_Figaro
I like the fact that they added the high ranker achievements for 50k, 10k, 5k, & 1k but I honestly think they should be Mode specific just like the complete and FC achievements.

Also it would be cool if cumulative ranking ever gets added to have high ranker medals for that as well.
Caput Mortuum
Also combo achievement for other modes aswell
Swerro
I'd thought this would already been discussed on forums, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
It's about Medals ranking. As achievements/medals will soon become a bigger, I thought I'd might be interesting to have some kind of simple medal ranking.

The point of the image is, that it doesn't have to be a big thing, as we're talking about achievements, they shouldn't be the main interest of the game, yet for achievement hunters like me I find it really interesting to see.

How do people feel about this? I have no idea about how much people interest theirselves in achievements, but with new achievements coming out in osu!next, I am certainly excited, and I hope other people are too. And of course, adding an achievement ranking would definitely encourage people to try to collect as many of them.
Caput Mortuum
should probably create a different thread for that request p:
Swerro

Eraser wrote:

should probably create a different thread for that request p:
yeah maybe but I feel like I'm requesting way too many rankings for osu
there is kudosu, cumulative ranking, medal/achievement ranking, many more. t/547492
I thought it'd be better to just post it here
Scarlet Evans
Last months shown how more and more people are able or will be able to pass 9* and higher maps in osu!standard.
Passes aside, we can even find some 9* FC in taiko!
We have some more 9* FCs in CTB and Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- <Version 0> + HR FCs are even above 10*!!
After including mania +DT we have another batch of 9* and 10* passes and even more FC material, be it potential or actual one.

> So, some time ago we had medals for Pass and FC on X-stars map added, to me exact: for maps from 1 to 8 stars.

Some people were asking why there are no achievements for 9* and maybe 10* stars. I don't remember the answer, but I think that it was deemed that they are not really needed yet and that there won't be much of use of them.

I believe that this statement is not valid anymore.

Achievement are there to make game both more fun and challenging for people. People need challenges and getting rewarded by medals for what they do can be really motivational and spicing game up. People try to improve their skills, keep looking for new goals, try to reach higher and further, pushing themselves not to the borders of what they can do, but even beyond that!

So, looking at the state of top players from all four game modes and how the harder and more challenging maps are getting ranked and loved, I humbly request:

Please, reconsider adding 9 stars and 10 stars achievements to the game in future.

Edgar_Figaro

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

I like the fact that they added the high ranker achievements for 50k, 10k, 5k, & 1k but I honestly think they should be Mode specific just like the complete and FC achievements.

Also it would be cool if cumulative ranking ever gets added to have high ranker medals for that as well.
Was just thinking about this again and I think they could go further and give extra achievements for being top 1k in multiple gamemodes simultaneously.

2 Modes Top 1K : "The Man"
3 Modes Top 1K : "The Myth"
4 Modes Top 1K : "The Legend"

(Clearly just thinking it would be cool to theme them like this, but the man might be weird for the first one. I'm open for alternative suggestions for name of achievements)
Qiyana
nice bump