forum

Getting worse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caim1231
Anyone else ever get WORSE as time goes on? Ive been playing a lot recently to try and get better, and it worked for a bit, now it only seems like im seeing less patterns, my reaction time is god awful, and im making dumb mistakes that never happened before. Am I seriously LOSING SKILL? It's SO frustrating...
7ambda
because your mentality sucks
Topic Starter
caim1231

F1r3tar wrote:

because your mentality sucks
Can you expand on this? How does my mentality affect my performance? :?
7ambda

caim1231 wrote:

Can you expand on this? How does my mentality affect my performance? :?
In the right amount, stress helps you prepare, focus, and perform at your optimal level. Conversely, too much stress, or bad stress, can cause performance anxiety, which hurts your health and does not allow you to play relaxed, confident, and focused in competition.
http://www.peaksports.com/sports-psycho ... rformance/
Exarian
Just keep playing you really won't get worse. I have months of hiatus before due to busy real life schedule but I pretty much get back to my old level after a week of getting back into the game. Also try to focus on your weaknesses instead of playing whatsoever.
Bobbias
Getting worse does happen. Over my many years of rhythm gaming I've had quite a few periods where my skill declined. When this happens I do 2 things: I try not to focus on getting better, and just play whatever I feel like for fun; and I try to figure out exactly what skills are getting weaker. When you can figure out what skills are getting weaker, you can focus practice on maps that test those skills (for example, if you find your accuracy is getting worse, you can focus on playing easier songs and working on your accuracy. If your reading is a problem, you can focus on playing different maps with diverse patterns, find out which patterns are problems and focus on playing maps with those specific patterns).