forum

Submitting a beatmap to OSU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp
I would like to submit a beatmap to OSU because I'm looking for advice about bpm changes in the song I'm doing. Where do I go to submit one and is there anything I need to keep in mind before submitting? Is there any criteria? I haven't placed any notes in the editor yet because I want to be sure my timing is correct before mapping. :oops:

Thanks!
Endaris
You have to place at least one note in your map, otherwise you can't submit it so just place a random note somewhere.
Once you did that you can submit your beatmap in the editor by going File -> Upload Beatmap
Make sure to select Work In Progress/Help as the section you want to upload to.

There's no criteria for submissions but you can only have a certain number of maps in Pending and WIP/Help at the same time.
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

Endaris wrote:

You have to place at least one note in your map, otherwise you can't submit it so just place a random note somewhere.
Once you did that you can submit your beatmap in the editor by going File -> Upload Beatmap
Make sure to select Work In Progress/Help as the section you want to upload to.

There's no criteria for submissions but you can only have a certain number of maps in Pending and WIP/Help at the same time.
Thank you. Unfortunately the "File" option doesn't seem to be showing in my editor. :o
Bara-
Are you on Mac?
Then press Ctrl Shift U to upload it
There is also a certain command to show dropdown menus, but forgot what it was. Alt f6?
Topic Starter
Cookiedipp

Baraatje123 wrote:

Are you on Mac?
There is also a certain command to show dropdown menus, but forgot what it was. Alt f6?
Ah yes I am a Mac, I had a feeling this was the main reason the "File" Option wasn't showing, I just had no idea what command to use. Thank you so much. The Beatmap Submission System is now showing. :D
Bara-
Good
If you have any questions, feel free to ask then
Whether it's in this thread or via PM!
Endaris

Cookiedipp wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Are you on Mac?
Ah yes I am a Mac, I had a feeling this was the main reason the "File" Option wasn't showing, I just had no idea what command to use. Thank you so much. The Beatmap Submission System is now showing. :D
Oh well. I wondered whether I should include the mac explanation but I thought your problem was having no circle in the map. Rip me.
File also exists but it is hidden under the black bar on top of your editor. I'm not sure if the dropdown is available through mouse over there but in doubt

peppy wrote:

You can still access the menus using alt-f to make it display, then the left and right arrow keys to cycle other available menus.
There are a lot more options hidden there so definitely check it out.
Bara-
Oh it's alt f
anna apple

Baraatje123 wrote:

Oh it's alt f
:)
Bara-
Alt f =/= Alt f4 :P
Cyber Yi
I'm having a problem where it say's the beatmap isn't mine but I'm the one who made it
Endaris

Cyber Yi wrote:

I'm having a problem where it say's the beatmap isn't mine but I'm the one who made it
Please create a separate thread for your issue or try to modify your search next time before bumping an old thread.
The solution is available here: t/325639