forum

[invalid] osu "e-mail replacement"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-Helium-
so... my idea is we replace the e-mail notification and put them on the osu website

for example: when we subscripe a thread the message that something was posted is instantly on the osu website (maybe as a extra field on the messages or something like this ^^) and is not send to the e-mail
Sandy Hoey
But the point of having the notification through email is so that you can get notified, even if you aren't on the osu! website. And when you are on the osu! website, you can already go to a list of your subscribed threads to see if anything new has been posted.

If you dont like the emails, you can always filter them
Topic Starter
-Helium-

Sandy Hoey wrote:

But the point of having the notification through email is so that you can get notified, even if you aren't on the osu! website. And when you are on the osu! website, you can already go to a list of your subscribed threads to see if anything new has been posted.

then we could make them on both... im the kind of person who don't want to look every hour if someone answerd me in my e-mails so it would be nice to have it as an "Second option" on the homepage because i'm (and i bet some other people) are there often so yeah it would make sense to me to do it
7ambda

Sandy Hoey wrote:

but what's more convenient
Sandy Hoey
For me, it would be the email, because I would get a notification on my phone, which I have with me more often than I am on the website, that would allow me to know if someone posted in a thread that I subscribed to. But I guess that is dependent on having a smartphone, which not everyone has
Topic Starter
-Helium-

Sandy Hoey wrote:

For me, it would be the email, because I would get a notification on my phone, which I have with me more often than I am on the website, that would allow me to know if someone posted in a thread that I subscribed to. But I guess that is dependent on having a smartphone, which not everyone has
it more depends on the person himself

you are often on your phone and would use normal e-mail

im often on the website and would like to have the notification there
Pawsu
You can use a chrome app "checker for gmail" that notifies you whenever you get an email, try that out maybe?
this was already marked invalid here because yeah, emails are enough, plus there's also this handy page.