forum

How to start playing HR/AR10 and improve.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sayorie
>you like this
>you don't like that
You're basically trimming off your potential if you do it like that.
Sayorie
Just a little friggin reminder to wholeheartedly read the frigging stickies and don't get in over your head

t/187364
t/99612
Jukkii
Do i need to start quoting my own posts again?

Like honestly this "why new players shouldnt play mods" thing has been explained so many times that the fact that people still need to ask it is just baffling.
Hiro-Senpai
I don't even know anymore. Maybe a huge 1 hr video with literally every aspect of osu explained would do the trick
There are guides on this forum, like a lot of them. And they are not used at all
-Makishima S-

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I don't even know anymore. Maybe a huge 1 hr video with literally every aspect of osu explained would do the trick
There are guides on this forum, like a lot of them. And they are not used at all
This should be done by someone who has a knowledge and noticeable HR scores = one of top ranks player.
One time on stream even Azer said to stick to nomod till you will be comfortable with high star maps. For me, Azer is way more respectable source of knowledge and progression than random 80k scrub. From what i know a lot of top rank players who doesn't want newbies to screw themself deny them from touching HR/DT at low ranks. AR10/OD10 | AR10.3 is not something what comes easy, it actually require solid ground to start with and I am 100% sure random 80k guy doesn't have it at all. Heck... even for me as someone who play a lot of nomod/HD i call this that i don't have solid ground to start with HR. AR8 + DT is what i can touch due i can read AR9.6 and acc OD9.
I like making guides but honestly, I would never make one towards any mod since I am a 25k scrub without any noticeable scores. Being a laughing stock due shitty meme posts is one thing. Being a laughing stock due making useless "guides" like this one is another.

Only thing what I could do as a video guide is overall gameplay, knowledge explanation and thing what already was touched around but nobody care to read. The only problem of mine is - crappy mic and shitty bass type voice which is disturbed a lot via... crappy mic.
Sayorie
I think it's about time someone respectable should make a "why you should start with nomod" guide.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

[Taiga] wrote:

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

This should be done by someone who has a knowledge and noticeable HR scores = one of top ranks player.
One time on stream even Azer said to stick to nomod till you will be comfortable with high star maps. For me, Azer is way more respectable source of knowledge and progression than random 80k scrub. From what i know a lot of top rank players who doesn't want newbies to screw themself deny them from touching HR/DT at low ranks. AR10/OD10 | AR10.3 is not something what comes easy, it actually require solid ground to start with and I am 100% sure random 80k guy doesn't have it at all. Heck... even for me as someone who play a lot of nomod/HD i call this that i don't have solid ground to start with HR. AR8 + DT is what i can touch due i can read AR9.6 and acc OD9.
I like making guides but honestly, I would never make one towards any mod since I am a 25k scrub without any noticeable scores. Being a laughing stock due shitty meme posts is one thing. Being a laughing stock due making useless "guides" like this one is another.

Only thing what I could do as a video guide is overall gameplay, knowledge explanation and thing what already was touched around but nobody care to read. The only problem of mine is - crappy mic and shitty bass type voice which is disturbed a lot via... crappy mic.
Farm PP don't make you better player than me. Also you're playing DT. Why don't stick no mod. If i think on something, i do it. But tell people advices that even yourself don't follow...
Btw i can retry too songs where i have 20 misses, until memorice the map/beats to retry until SS.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Btw i can retry too songs where i have 20 misses, until memorice the map/beats to retry until SS.
Loud words.
kai99

-Jukke- wrote:

Do i need to start quoting my own posts again?

Like honestly this "why new players shouldnt play mods" thing has been explained so many times that the fact that people still need to ask it is just baffling.
i mean just leave them(aka ~2kpp players) be tbh if they have potential they'll progress no matter what shit they do at that level, and if they don't, there's probably a reason for being stuck. some people i've seen here usually take suggestions as a threat to their existence so now i really don't see the merit of giving suggestions when people tend to try and argue no matter what you say.
-Makishima S-
Farm PP don't make you better player than me.
This sounds like you challenge me. Your attitude is autistic tho.
For me someone who have 4-5k pp even with DT farm IS A BETTER PLAYER. You need skill to gain this pp.

Also you're playing DT. Why don't stick no mod.
Because i feel like playing DT from time to time.
And if you think playing DT is "easy like everyone say", make any of my DT plays with better acc than me. Note - all maps are OD9 / OD9.8.
This is very good introduce to later on transitioning into HR - getting good at OD9.8 and AR9.6 which makes later on HR easier to learn.

If i think on something, i do it. But tell people advices that even yourself don't follow...
I don't lecture 6k pp player like you does 8-) That sounds hilarious ya know xD

GL 8-)
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
For me someone who have 4-5k pp even with DT farm IS A BETTER PLAYER. You need skill to gain this pp.
Did i say something about challenge you? I play for self improvment i never compite against other players.
Yeah, but tomorrow cookiezi get banned and lose his scores. Start play from 0 and get 600pp playing one song and stop play for a month. You're better because you have more PP. Your logic It's awesome my friend. More time farming 3* = more skill than a guy who pass 8* songs sightreading. Sure brooo.

And if you think playing DT is "easy like everyone say", make any of my DT plays with better acc than me. Note - all maps are OD9 / OD9.8.
This is very good introduce to later on transitioning into HR - getting good at OD9.8 and AR9.6 which makes later on HR easier to learn.
You're the one saying to me don't play mods and you spam DT at 3* songs to win PP xD Btw you're who try to challenge me for some reasson. Because you can't win against any other player at your rank? Stop farm and improve instead try to challenge a 80k being 30k xDDDDDD You're much better. ;)

I don't lecture 6k pp player like you does 8-) That sounds hilarious ya know xD.
I don't challenge 200k players because i suck like you does ^^. That sound Self-esteem problems. Lack of affection ya know xD

GL 8-)
You need it more. :)
Endaris
You're not taking any criticism, instead you're taunting.
You're discrediting yourself right now, Manuel.
Kyrari

kai99 wrote:

tbh if they have potential they'll progress no matter what shit they do at that level
Pretty much, you can do anything and with enough playcount you'll improve no matter what anyway.

And calling playing DT means you're unskilled and only farm PP is just.... stupid.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Endaris wrote:

You're not taking any criticism, instead you're taunting.
You're discrediting yourself right now, Manuel.
I'm the first who criticism myself.
I argue with adults, not with kids. If someone talk bullshit to me i give his bullshit back. Nothing else.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

VanillaSandvich wrote:

kai99 wrote:

tbh if they have potential they'll progress no matter what shit they do at that level
Pretty much, you can do anything and with enough playcount you'll improve no matter what anyway.

And calling playing DT means you're unskilled and only farm PP is just.... stupid.
I didn't say that. But If i go tomorrow and start play HD+HR+DT+FL at 3* songs AR 5. 0'10 drain... If i do that instead play 7* songs what i can't get PP on them I'm going to be better because i memorice 30 circles? That don't make any sense. PP =/ skill.
Braixen-Desu

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Did i say something about challenge you? I play for self improvment i never compite against other players.
Yeah, but tomorrow cookiezi get banned and lose his scores. Start play from 0 and get 600pp playing one song and stop play for a month. You're better because you have more PP. Your logic It's awesome my friend. More time farming 3* = more skill than a guy who pass 8* songs sightreading. Sure brooo.
You're the one saying to me don't play mods and you spam DT at 3* songs to win PP xD Btw you're who try to challenge me for some reasson. Because you can't win against any other player at your rank? Stop farm and improve instead try to challenge a 80k being 30k xDDDDDD You're much better. ;)
I don't lecture 6k pp player like you does 8-) That sounds hilarious ya know xD.
I don't challenge 200k players because i suck like you does ^^. That sound Self-esteem problems. Lack of affection ya know xD
GL 8-)

You need it more. :)

And as we see here, your casual G&R argument right here
Sandy Hoey

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You can't just say this and expect people to not start attacking you. It is super passive aggressive and makes you sound like a complete douche
Yolshka

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Well it's not likely to change anytime soon I'm afraid.
People religiously think that by not playing farm maps,and avoiding mods like the plague, they'll improve faster or gain unique abilities or something like that, therefore distancing themselves from players who do that and mappers as well, even though I'm pretty sure the whole thing started out with a silly joke.
Unfortunately a lot of the things in this game are very subjective, therefore, it may seem like the closest thing we have to objectivity are the opinions of top players, which I'm afraid are given a little too much credit.
Braixen-Desu

Yolshka wrote:

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Well it's not likely to change anytime soon I'm afraid.
People religiously think that by not playing farm maps,and avoiding mods like the plague, they'll improve faster or gain unique abilities or something like that, therefore distancing themselves from players who do that and mappers as well, even though I'm pretty sure the whole thing started out with a silly joke.
Unfortunately a lot of the things in this game are very subjective, therefore, it may seem like the closest thing we have to objectivity are the opinions of top players, which I'm afraid are given a little too much credit.

Hm...I never got why people say that playing nomod is bad for improvement. I mean...it can improve you to play faster songs I guess but it's not really too bad to play some mods
...yet I still play nomod (because I can't play HD,HR, or much else)
-Makishima S-
Your way od speaking sounds like a taunt, there is no other way to understand it. Sorry, please word your sentences in other way.
Still, this "3*" what you call it are actually 4,8*+ with DT, more, it is not just "pass them" - if you want pp from this maps - you need max accuracy. There is HUGE difference in pp between 97 and 99% acc on OD9 / OD9.75. You are not dealing with AR8, you are dealing with AR9.6 which require you to read properly. Another reason to play them - 4-5* range lack of OD9+ maps, that's why we have DT for easier OD7 maps, to compensate for this.

For me 8* pass is laughtable if it's mashed. More... if you used NF... don't even show up.
Difference between good player pass and garbage player pass is that good player will not mash, will aim properly, will not faceroll keyboard to get random 300/100/50. Garbage player will just mash his way and pray to pass, most likely with NF.

Read above - to get pp from like you call it "3*" maps you need skill. It transition for both - acc on nomod and later on helps with HR mode.
Why you ever constantly call them out?
Maybe just prove your point that they are "so easy" and make any of my scores with higher acc? (they are really easy pattern wise... you just need to click circles to high OD).

This sounds even more hilarious, especially from someone who doesn't understand shit, how DT works.
Well, I am done with ya for now, rethink your statements, really.
Will call out what one of top players said - Rafis - Farming maps also teach you how to play.
HDDT, especially started on easy maps gives me what i need for the future.

I am not going to challenge you son, you are not match for me, same as I am not match for a guy with 4k-5kpp and more.
Yes pp != skill but ONLY in certain situations, in specific skillset. You missed this point in a book. tournament players are chosen because of specific skillsets to fill the gap needed for mappool.
Good example was last GAF where Sequence just destroyed all higher ranked players on rrtyui map - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135796413 (Azer view and his comments - 01:46:24).
N0thingSpecial

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Farm PP don't make you better player than me. Also you're playing DT.
Calling rafis out for his bullshit you go tiger
timemon

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Loud words.

I have been memorizing United for 500 times now.
But I still can't make it United.
Sayorie
Newfag thinks he has more experience than anyone else. Go make an HR guide when you're finally able to 99% HR FC 6* maps. You may have skill but you don't have enough experience yet to provide a plethora of insight needed for a guide.

p/5979765
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
I'm not going to answer you more since you're talking to me to reproach how i play, and how i manage to improve.
The idea of the post was to help some people who it's going to play HR anyways because like it more than nomod.
If you can't understand that and you non stop talk about: "nomod , nomod, nomod", "nomod better". You don't even try to arge why It's better. You only say nomod It's better because you learn to read patterns. Sorry but I'm not blind and playing ar10 i have enought reaction time to idectific a pattern. As anyone else with eyes.
You only repeat like parrots what you hear from mad players using approach circles to play. Ohh they memoriced a lot, so good players. But they play HR 10 worst that any new 200k player playing properly.
But when someone try to help: omg, you have no PP to explain those thing. I'm better than you because i play DT 4* Slow/simple jumps maps, I'm so good, i wash my hands before grab my dick, so good, omg.

Nothing more to say.
-Makishima S-

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm not going to answer you more since you're talking to me to reproach how i play, and how i manage to improve.
The idea of the post was to help some people who it's going to play HR anyways because like it more than nomod.
If you can't understand that and you non stop talk about: "nomod , nomod, nomod", "nomod better". You don't even try to arge why It's better. You only say nomod It's better because you learn to read patterns. Sorry but I'm not blind and playing ar10 i have enought reaction time to idectific a pattern. As anyone else with eyes.
You only repeat like parrots what you hear from mad players using approach circles to play. Ohh they memoriced a lot, so good players. But they play HR 10 worst that any new 200k player playing properly.
But when someone try to help: omg, you have no PP to explain those thing. I'm better than you because i play DT 4* Slow/simple jumps maps, I'm so good, i wash my hands before grab my dick, so good, omg.

Nothing more to say.

For memorial wall xDDDDDD
This made my day right now.
Comfy Slippers
all that aside,

on ur profile i see "<3 NF SO farmer." but u dont have any first page NFSO plays

sry i cant trust a liar
Meah
play more
N0thingSpecial
Damn I wish I learn hr back when I had 2k pp. I would probably be top 1k by now, playing no mod really got me no where
Blitzfrog
Let me give you an idea why you should not use mods before a certain level
And it is about 4kpp
t/557341
(Give this thread a read)

If you're a lazy potato and didn't read that thread:
The higher the star, the more likely a mapper is going to place hard patterns in the map because the song allows it. (Provided this is ranked)
This means when you play HR, you're not playing at the most complex mapset you possibly can.

Another thing:
Stop going around saying "pp doesn't indicate skill"
It very well does
You can only be about around 30k off, and looking at you, being 100k, you're maximum a 70k player
If you don't believe me, look at my top scores. I can't beat 40k players.
So stop going around saying you're not a farmer that's why you have lower pp than usual, because to me you're more of a farmer than me.
Point is: IF YOU'RE DOOMSDAY YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STAY AT THAT RANK
In fact you will sky rocket to at least 3 digits in no time

Now the next thing I want to address is, I don't think AR is about reaction speed. It's about how well you aim.

The speed of approach circles is 300 ms AT AR 11

The average human reaction speed is around 200ms, THAT LEAVES YOU WITH 100MS TO AIM FROM WHEN YOU SAW THE CIRCLE. Now if you can't hit a circle in 300ms from one corner to the other, IT'S NOT YOUR DAMN REACTION SPEED IT'S YOUR AIM.

What's even worse is there is a line which points to where the next circle is, new combos don't even happen that often.
Do you ever feel like, WOAH, I CAN SUDDENLY PLAY AR9.8 even though just 2 months ago you couldn't even react to it?
It's because part of the reaction is your aim, and your reading skills, ability to cope with circles coming into your face.
I'm guessing you haven't felt that.
Now you can cheat what I just said, by playing higher ARs. What your brain does, is put lots of focus on the lines, and you will end up missing, majority of times, at the new combos. This is because your brain is looking for an edge, it will start guessing where the circles are based on past experience. It will aim base on the line and not the approach circle. This causes 2 problems. You are not going to be able to handle low ar for a while. And your accuracy will be trash.

In essense, don't even attempt HR until you're 4k pp
And yes, pp is a good indicator of skill, regardless of the twats that say that pp system is over-weighted pp map/DT spam.
Cus I don't care who you are, you ain't going to FC BestFriendS DT even though it's a pp map at your rank. And if you do, guess what, you're hacking,
And when you're 4k pp, you don't need G&R to tell you what to do anymore

One last thing:
Expecting people to listen to your guides when you're at 100k pp with trash top scores is like talking trash about hardvard when they rejected you cus "education doesn't display your skills". Yeah sure enough, it doesn't display your skills THAT well, but what tells me YOU'RE the one that is so pro? Do you expect havard to allow entry to students who are "geniuses that don't perform well?"
Sayorie
I'm 4.5kpp and fuck HR's OD10
Caradine

Blitzfrog wrote:

You can only be about around 30k off, and looking at you, being 30001, you're maximum a #1 player
Blitzfrog

Caradine wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

You can only be about around 30k off, and looking at you, being 30001, you're maximum a #1 player
I meant 30%, but I don't know if they can do maths
-Makishima S-
Soon he will claim that Neuronecia HR is "just memorize" xDDDDDDDDDDDD
kai99
kill this thread pls no point in trynna prove anything anymore
KupcaH

[Taiga] wrote:

Soon he will claim that Neuronecia HR is "just memorice" xDDDDDDDDDDDD
FTFY.
Kyrari

Sayorie wrote:

Newfag thinks he has more experience than anyone else. Go make an HR guide when you're finally able to 99% HR FC 6* maps. You may have skill but you don't have enough experience yet to provide a plethora of insight needed for a guide.

p/5979765
Damn this video is still so relevant even today
Endaris
Reaction time in osu! is longer Blitz. It is 200ms for expected events where you only have to like...press a button you already have your triggerfinger on. The time that players need to evaluate the path they have to move adds a bit to that time. The people who can actually play AR11 have superior reaction times to the average, approaching 150ms. Last but not least osu! arguably trains the ability to react fast. Personally I went down from 250ms reaction time to 200ms (triggerfingertest) within my first few monts of osu!. Dunno what it is now though.
Deusieus
once you're used to AR 9-10, playing EZ is definitely going to be difficult. Especially when you're trying to EZ mod the 3-4* stars
Kyrari

Deusieus wrote:

once you're used to AR 9-10, playing EZ is definitely going to be difficult. Especially when you're trying to EZ mod the 3-4* stars
tbh playing EZ mod isn't "hard" just because you're used to AR 9-10 but more because there's a ridiculous amount of overlap and circles appearing at the same time that doesn't really happen at any normal maps because AR is supposed to be comfortable for the map to be played, you can be used to maps under AR 8 and it'll still be difficult unless you're already used to it.