forum

[Archived] osu crashed!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mynameisbdog
Problem Details: I turned on compatability mode by accident now osu will not load and will only crash. It will only say:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q2SMadebqkrLZ0214YI$0Xrf5Hj3aJQ91FPjWfY0E3RAz8PalT4OorNkEG1vCKqTH.#=qJPWt1d71Zbnl4cM_PY4clg==(Int32 #=q$biS$UIyB2Nry6r2OjmGBw==, Int32 #=qkcGD04hS_lLY$ugLByN4nw==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qoyGQl4absYBZfoYoAPS5yQ==)
at #=qLC8IssNRbfofYwfEvpIGp8pBBFSZ$5yi$7QBIat1BtKCzts89NfBq3bgavXp4UTO.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qcQDIHPF162VKp_fqrpvaTA==)
at #=q66mSFf3_5oQut8vIRdtHuupK0U24uGSay7rROgBFIWH8Pjpd__JgcbNRNfNk3166.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qcQDIHPF162VKp_fqrpvaTA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qQM8BHAA_6I8teoIJULz_b50hQf9RWKdE7O27ClDydto=.WndProc(Message& #=qRTIEhv56uZfEwz$rloCs1A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Someone help?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Laurakko
Fixing osu! using recovery dialog.
Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt. From there, change your settings to the last known working configuration for you
i think there an option to change the release stream back
Dntm8kmeeatu

Lassikko wrote:

Fixing osu! using recovery dialog.
Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt. From there, change your settings to the last known working configuration for you
i think there an option to change the release stream back
With their issue I believe attempting to access the shift menu will also crash.

Instead, if this was caused by you enabling compatibility mode, Please go into your osu!.pcname.cfg (Located in your osu! folder, default path is appdata/local/osu!) and change "CompatibilityContext" to 0, save, and then try to launch the game.

Please tell me if this works.