forum

How does the scoring system work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyfer
Hey, I recently got a wierd score I don't understand at all, and i'm confused xD.
How did my rank S score get lower score than my rank A score?

(And yes I tried reading up on the scoring system)
Full Tablet
It might be caused by the location of the judgments in the play. Several factors could make a difference.

The misses in the S play could have been more spread apart compared to the A plays.
The 200/100/50 in the A play (in strings that weren't bad enough to set the Bonus value to the lower cap) could have been more spread apart compared to the S play. A long string of bad judgments that set the Bonus variable to the lower cap is similar to a miss in that regard (it's better to have one very long string of bad judgments, compared to 2 long strings of bad judgments with a recovery in-between).
Topic Starter
Cyfer

Full Tablet wrote:

It might be caused by the location of the judgments in the play. Several factors could make a difference.

The misses in the S play could have been more spread apart compared to the A plays.
The 200/100/50 in the A play (in strings that weren't bad enough to set the Bonus value to the lower cap) could have been more spread apart compared to the S play. A long string of bad judgments that set the Bonus variable to the lower cap is similar to a miss in that regard (it's better to have one very long string of bad judgments, compared to 2 long strings of bad judgments with a recovery in-between).
Ahh I see, I didn't know that effected the score ^^ Awesome to know.
It's probaly because I needed a break and missed one note when I tried to pause. (bad habit >_<)
Awesome to know though, I need to work on my stamina from now on ^^