forum

Hidden

posted
Total Posts
show more
PinkNightmares

1Alone wrote:

It could go wrong if you left nomod for too long though lol
I can go months without touching nomod and it's on the same skill level (if not better) than my HD when I decide to play it. Just way less fun.

[Taiga] wrote:

I will support HR for low rank in ONLY ONE case:

AR6.5 maps --> AR6.5 + HR = AR9.1
Naturally, AR6.5 maps are easier than first ar9 songs what you meet, it gives an upper hand to start learning reading.

And maybe playing Easy/Normal maps for top50 "enter Haxwell territory and he will eat you" xD
Older cs6+ maps are a lot of fun with (HT)HR.
Topic Starter
1Alone

B1oody wrote:

1Alone wrote:

It could go wrong if you left nomod for too long though lol
I can go months without touching nomod and it's on the same skill level (if not better) than my HD when I decide to play it. Just way less fun.
Oh, so it doesn't really affect your nomod plays if you leave it for a long time? There's a post saying that if you left it too long your mind could "forget" on playing with the approach circle available
Sayorie
You could. But sometimes, the info you get from hidden is already enough as it is which makes approach circles already seem like clutter.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Sayorie wrote:

You could. But sometimes, the info you get from hidden is already enough as it is which makes approach circles already seem like clutter.
Oh ok. Now I can play hidden at ease :D
Comfy Slippers

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Wouldn't all these things depend (solely) on a player? If something doesn't work for person A, it doesn't mean that the outcome is gonna be same for B and C.

I mean I don't have all these numbers by me but I'm seeing improvement on the "aim field" as a result of playing more HR. I also believe that there is a point where it's too late to start playing certain mods like HR.
You will still improve, but if for example you play two maps that's both 5*, one is no mod and one is after the mod HR, assuming it's the same type of traditional mapping that's also around CS5, the no mod one would be more complex pattern wise, which is really what you need to develop muscle memories to aim maps consistently, it's the fundamental, you'll improve faster with proper muscle memory.

This is the same with DT, what I just said entirely depends on the trend that easier maps has easier patterns, and even after the alterations from various mods it would still be an easy pattern. So yes there are exceptions but in most cases no mod is what you need to get good at HR, until the point where you can play HR like it's no mod
Interesting. To add on the DT (which i feel is the real issue when it comes to new players) where people blindly rush to DT on overweight maps just for PP and completely lose their touch. I still feel that HR is not the issue as you present it to be, cause practically i saw progress (than again im not that new and i have developed a sense for a game, now do i have flaws and bad habbits -- yes, i am high 80k player and i am aware of them and im trying to fix this. Biggest being high CS and other being having negative universal offset in which i wanted a temp. solution for my timing etc.). Right now I'm doing 30-50 minutes of nomod per session and throwing HR in for about 10-15 minutes. Since i started doing this i stopped having a mentality of thinking i reached a plateau in progress, and i don't actually believe that this is just a placebo effect. Looking back and analyzing I saw improvements after this "stagnation" period. Imo, HD isn't as rewarding, and while it is good to learn it i see no point (beside fun aspect) in playing it over HR.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Imo, HD isn't as rewarding, and while it is good to learn it i see no point (beside fun aspect) in playing it over HR.
Everyone has their own opinion, strong points, weaknesses and their difference due to the circumstances they're having (mentality, philosophical view etc.). One way or the other we're going to improve anyway lol. Lets just keep it at that.
Comfy Slippers
I'm just interested in different views, that's primarily why I come to G&R. Not trying to force my opinion to someone, don't get it twisted. :)
Topic Starter
1Alone

Comfy Slippers wrote:

I'm just interested in different views, that's primarily why I come to G&R. Not trying to force my opinion to someone, don't get it twisted. :)
Lol, sorry if I really sounded like you making your own opinion forced to me and I'm acting defensively. I just don't want that stupid HR argument that happened yesterday happened again.
Comfy Slippers
Nah it's cool. I just wanted to clarify.
Sayorie
HR for the larger part increases OD, HP and AR (CS too), which only flips the maps and only makes it harsher. N0thingSpecial was right about he said, it's better to play HR after being comfortable with what most of Nomod can provide since HR is simply a difficulty mod. Actually, there is more to learn from harder nomod maps than +HR diffs, unless you're 5k pp and out of harder nomod maps to play.

1Alone wrote:

I just don't want that stupid HR argument that happened yesterday happened again.
It's fine as long as there are sound arguments and no shit-flinging like last time. Also you better get used to those kinds of arguments, it happens a lot.
JonQuy
What do people mean when they say you "run out of nomod" to play? I mean I have problems getting more than 200pp from nomod, but maybe that's because I'm just bad and can't fc pp farm maps.
Kyrari

1Alone wrote:

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Imo, HD isn't as rewarding, and while it is good to learn it i see no point (beside fun aspect) in playing it over HR.
imo HD is basically slight free increase in PP + free score if you're used to it in most maps, HR makes the map harder to aim with higher CS and is much harder to acc which already changes a lot of thing compared to HD.
kai99
HD is fun on a jump map, tfw you get those jumps on point👌👀👌👌👀👀👀
Topic Starter
1Alone

kai99 wrote:

HD is fun on a jump map, tfw you get those jumps on point👌👀👌👌👀👀👀
Whats even greater is if you nail those deathstreams, watching your mouse moves with the trail on and streaming at nothing but emptiness but still no x shows up damn it feels goooooooooooood 8-)
ManuelOsuPlayer
I use hidden when already have a FC >98% Acc on a map what i like/feel/understand well the rythm.
I use it too in way to don't get stucked by bad reading at high BPM fast singletap rythms.
I use it too for fun, mostly to play non-technical stream maps.

If you enjoy play more hidden than nomod i don't see any reasson why you should be interested on play nomod since It's almost the same. You can learn to read hidden patterns as you did playing without mod.
You probably improve more playing hidden once you get used to it since we pay more attention and learn more If we enjoy what we are trying to learn/practice. More interest=more improvment.
Also If you time the circles when they spawn you can hit them by timing. So approach rate circles don't give you nothing what hidden can't give to you. Only when you get lost or you missread nomod help you to back faster to the song than hidden.
In think nomod it's more usefull in way to play hardest songs since you back faster to the rythm. You shouldn't forgot to play nomod If you play it 10 mins when you start playing and another 10 before stop.

In case you forgot how to play to nomod you can probably learn it from 0 in less than a week.
Braixen-Desu
I can't play hidden at all, I'm way too used to nomod at this point. About 96% of my pp comes from nomod (I dunno whether that's a good thing or not), and every time I try to do hidden, I usually end up messing up on a stream or a jump.
[ Koutei Monev]
My playstyle consists of HDHR for tow reason: the ar10 of HR, and elimination of approach circles of HD.
Quick summary of HR: I like the speed between notes, is more enjoyable for me/

As for HD:
My eyes get easily overwhelmed by the amount of input. Notes, sliders, numbers, but more considerably: approach circles. The bpm of a map wouldn't be my main problem, but the approach circles certainly are. When trying to process all the information, my vision gets distracted and my moves get locked. Following the rhythm of the song with HD is remarkably easier for me than just expecting the AC to get as close as possible and hit the notes
ManuelOsuPlayer

Braixen-Desu wrote:

I can't play hidden at all, I'm way too used to nomod at this point. About 96% of my pp comes from nomod (I dunno whether that's a good thing or not), and every time I try to do hidden, I usually end up messing up on a stream or a jump.
That happens to me too and i can explain you why.
You can't stream because you don't listen to the song/sound effects/rythm. You're playing timing the circles hitting them using mental delay instead using rythm.
You have to listening the rythm to know exactly when you have to start the stream, do slidders to the end on purpouse did help to follow streams. You try to predice when the stream start, don't do that.

At jumps you have to focus your eyes into everysingle circle. Going 1 for 1. You use peripherical vision to notice where are the jumps and rigth after you focus on everysingle one in way to exactly know where the circle is.
ManuelOsuPlayer

venomnk wrote:

My playstyle consists of HDHR for tow reason: the ar10 of HR, and elimination of approach circles of HD.
Quick summary of HR: I like the speed between notes, is more enjoyable for me/

As for HD:
My eyes get easily overwhelmed by the amount of input. Notes, sliders, numbers, but more considerably: approach circles. The bpm of a map wouldn't be my main problem, but the approach circles certainly are. When trying to process all the information, my vision gets distracted and my moves get locked. Following the rhythm of the song with HD is remarkably easier for me than just expecting the AC to get as close as possible and hit the notes
Retry don't improve new skills until you are retrying to learn how to do a specific pattern. Retry also make you unfollow the rythm after the 1° try. Or the 2° If you love the song. That means after play 2k times the same 3* map you will die sigthreading a 6* map in less than 20 seconds.
Topic Starter
1Alone

Braixen-Desu wrote:

But to be honest though, it doesn't take me long before I got used to playing hidden. I've only been playing for like 4 days and I've already got some sweet insane FC HD in my top ranks lol. Everyone messes up streams and jumps from time to time, but streams is easier though than jumps, but goddamn fucks you more than jumps if you missed the first note of the stream :lol: Maybe you should try alternating nomod and hidden for a week and see how it goes if you wanted to start playing one. Trust me, it seems normal to you that you can catch the note, but to everyone else that doesn't play HD they'll be like "OMG what are you? A robot? Did you put something in your eye?" :lol:

venomnk wrote:

As for HD:
My eyes get easily overwhelmed by the amount of input. Notes, sliders, numbers, but more considerably: approach circles.
Yeah I also kind of agree with this one. I feel more triggered, nervous and chilly tingling sensation on my arms and feet (cold feet I guess?) while playing with the approach circle then without them :D
Caradine

1Alone wrote:

I feel more triggered