forum

i need to improve my one tap skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shreebo
help im coming across cool beetmapes and i cant play them because they need super fast one finger tapping skills, and yes ive been practicing and i am just playing and playing, but is there a way to actually improve tapping with one finger without mindlessly spazzing ur finger?
Dntm8kmeeatu
Practice.

Also, if it's too fast to singletap, maybe try alternating? (using both keys)

Moved to G&R
7ambda
alternate
Hiro-Senpai
I quick question to the OP. Do you have some kind of a Rank B and C fetish. I swear your top ranks consist only of these scores
Practice, it is possible to singletap very high bpms if you practice your singletapping skills by playing the game
1Alone
Alternate should do the trick, even I myself right now couldn't singletap anything above 210bpm continuosly for more than 4 seconds (Eg. milk crown on sonetica - 240bpm). If there's a fast single tap short jumps I just mash the keyboard like its a stream but keep snapping to the beats hoping that I could land some 300 and 100 :lol: , plus

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I quick question to the OP. Do you have some kind of a Rank B and C fetish. I swear your top ranks consist only of these scores
^Lol don't you ever get tired playing extra continuously OP? I played some extra but I don't really play it that much because it really strains my hand and tires the shit out of me to finish it. (But again I'm on a low dpi so its normal for me to tire from moving so much :P )
Hiro-Senpai
His scores are a result of "What happens when the player thinks that osu is actually a button mashing program"
Don't worry 1Alone you will get good at singletapping.
I am a good example. I was always a singletapper and it pays off :) I can singletap 240 bpm nowadays. I know that it isn't something amazing.
And i still feel the most comfortable playing in 200-210 range, but never say never ^^
ManuelOsuPlayer

Shreebo wrote:

help im coming across cool beetmapes and i cant play them because they need super fast one finger tapping skills, and yes ive been practicing and i am just playing and playing, but is there a way to actually improve tapping with one finger without mindlessly spazzing ur finger?
What i do to improve singletap speed it's play relax mod using the keyboard. So i can get carried by the hitsounds and get used to singletap speeds what i usually don't.

If your finger get stucked isn't singletap speed fault, it's reading fault, so focus more on read well that circles and less on the tapping.

If it's to fast to you use HalfTime to get used to good habits or go for a easier one.
Realmas
Start to improve your acc before trying to get speed you can't control.
Caput Mortuum
ming youth edition
kai99
Do slower maps. I try fast maps just once in a while, and it doesn't work. You have to work for it. To be honest I never had a problem with singletapping until I recently tried out a 5* map, which means it's not impossible. Stamina & speed increases the more you play. My finger used to hurt a lot before if I played ~20 maps, nowadays I can go playing 5 hours without a problem. And dude... You should be on late 3* to early 4* maps, and that's probably why you're struggling. -_- Try to get FCs, not just passes.
ManuelOsuPlayer

kai99 wrote:

Do slower maps. I try fast maps just once in a while, and it doesn't work. You have to work for it. To be honest I never had a problem with singletapping until I recently tried out a 5* map, which means it's not impossible. Stamina & speed increases the more you play. My finger used to hurt a lot before if I played ~20 maps, nowadays I can go playing 5 hours without a problem. And dude... You should be on late 3* to early 4* maps, and that's probably why you're struggling. -_- Try to get FCs, not just passes.
Btw stream properly long streams increase singletap speed.
Topic Starter
Shreebo
haha yes i know my accuracy is garbage but its because my offset has actually been off for a while and i got pissed off that it never managed to get together even though i messed with the offset wizard, and so i just gave up and just put it on 50, but i actually do truly listen to the beat :x

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

kai99 wrote:

Do slower maps. I try fast maps just once in a while, and it doesn't work. You have to work for it. To be honest I never had a problem with singletapping until I recently tried out a 5* map, which means it's not impossible. Stamina & speed increases the more you play. My finger used to hurt a lot before if I played ~20 maps, nowadays I can go playing 5 hours without a problem. And dude... You should be on late 3* to early 4*
maps, and that's probably why you're struggling. -_- Try to get FCs, not just passes.
Btw stream properly long streams increase singletap speed.
thats impossible for me, 3-4 stars are straight up boring and i thought they were fast earlier on but it seems that it was just all in my head because they all seem super slow now

1Alone wrote:

Alternate should do the trick, even I myself right now couldn't singletap anything above 210bpm continuosly for more than 4 seconds (Eg. milk crown on sonetica - 240bpm). If there's a fast single tap short jumps I just mash the keyboard like its a stream but keep snapping to the beats hoping that I could land some 300 and 100 :lol: , plus

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

^Lol don't you ever get tired playing extra continuously OP? I played some extra but I don't really play it that much because it really strains my hand and tires the shit out of me to finish it. (But again I'm on a low dpi so its normal for me to tire from moving so much :P )

actually the only reason why i play osu is because of the adrenaline feeling and i just cant help but get bored with slow songs, its just a personal preference of course, and no i dont button mash thats mean :( :( ( and yea i do get hand pains from time to time but thats because i play for like 8 hours in a single session )
Caradine
at least you have one a :(
nadavv
play mania my singletap speed is like 320bpm and im lower top tier player :^)
ManuelOsuPlayer

Shreebo wrote:

actually the only reason why i play osu is because of the adrenaline feeling and i just cant help but get bored with slow songs, its just a personal preference of course, and no i dont button mash thats mean :( :( ( and yea i do get hand pains from time to time but thats because i play for like 8 hours in a single session )
Lmao i'll add you so we can play together if you don't mind. The rythms/songs/maps what i more enjoy have more than 200 bpm. I also play a lot without stop.
Sayorie
1. Don't use autopilot or relax for training. It's just for fun. Using it for training may harm your muscle memory since you're completely removing off one aspect in order to train the other, which causes disconnect and miscoordination. Instead, play tap-intensive maps which also at least requires you some aim. If you can't find any then just edit a map you like and train there.

2. You can alternate. It's not as common as singletap but it might work for you.

3. Accuracy. If you can't good acc easier maps then you won't be getting good acc on harder maps either. Improve your general accuracy first, play much easier maps around your level.

4. cheeky trick, raise your wrist from the table. You might not stream as fast but it will help you singletap faster if you use your arm. (<-this one's fucking golden. Back then, I wouldn't believe this but I tried and it worked like a miracle. Believe me.)

5. Play more. If you feel strain or exhaustion then rest and come back next day to train again.
1Alone

Shreebo wrote:

Yeah I get you, even I got bored with playing hard before. But trust me, the real joy in playing osu is to fc a 4-5* maps. You might get excited now to pass with only 80+% acc and 100+ combo but sooner or later you're going to be bored anyway lol. I myself personally forced myself to play hard because playing them really helps you catch beats in dense amount (where beats is everywhere in the screen) because of the slow ar, and this really helps you reading in insanes later. It helps you to control the amount of beats you're looking in advance. The main reason I'm choking in insanes is because I always look to advanced, you're not supposed to just look at beats and estimate the movement you need to make with your hand, you need to coordinate your eye with your hand, then snap to it :D. Flexible in reading ar7-9 plus playing hidden really helps me a lot in controlling the amount of beats I'm looking in advance thus reducing my chokes ;) I couldn't even hold 200+ combos just 1 month ago, but now voila! :lol: Don't you wanna be like those people who fc's insanes and show them off to youtube or friends maybe?
I Give Up
A good rule of thumb is to alternate anything quicker than 1/3 beat, but singletap whole and 1/2 beat notes. Of course when you start playing weird bpm songs then you can experiment.

Personally I'd just push whichever button I feel like.
kai99

I Give Up wrote:

Personally I'd just push whichever button I feel like.
Kyrari
Yeah, I need to work on my Juan Deags too
Sayorie
Hiro-Senpai
EDSHOT MASHEEEN
Wan taps

oh wait this game is not csgo
Caradine
help me improve my one fap skill,