forum

My game feels choppy, but I have perfect framerate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyfer
Hey, I have been having this issue for some time now.

This only happens sometime, the gameplay is choppy, main menu and everything else is fine.
When I start a song and I hit the first note that comes, the game starts to feel choppy.

Please help!
Thanks!

CPU: i5 - 6600k
GPU: Geforce 780

I have tried:

Reinstall OSU (RiP all my beatmaps)
Restart OSU

Edit:
Seems like I get a lot less lagg if I cap the game at 240fps, but it's still noticable
johnmedina999
Your answer depends on what you mean by "choppy".
Have you tried enabling vsync? This helps if your monitor refresh rate is different than the game's, and it make it look less weird. This might not be what you're looking for though.
Topic Starter
Cyfer

johnmedina999 wrote:

Your answer depends on what you mean by "choppy".

Have you tried enabling vsync? This helps if your monitor refresh rate is different than the game's, and it make it look less weird. This might not be what you're looking for though.
Yea, I have tried Vsync, but it seems like it doesn't help :/
Changing the Gameplay FPS to 240fps max helps it a little bit, but it's still frustrating to play like that.
My only solution right now is taking a break when my problem occur :P
Reckless
Maybe your monitors refresh rate?
1Alone

cyferino wrote:

Lol you could've copied the songs folder first before reinstalling it

cyferino wrote:

When I start a song and I hit the first note that comes, the game starts to feel choppy.
I also experienced the same problem, but it's usually only when I first started the game. Once I get to 3 minutes+ into the game it disappears though (this is on fallback version). But when I used the stable latest version yup, it feels choppy all the time. I'm currently on fallback version. Maybe try going back to fallback version of osu?
Topic Starter
Cyfer

1Alone wrote:

cyferino wrote:

Lol you could've copied the songs folder first before reinstalling it

cyferino wrote:

I also experienced the same problem, but it's usually only when I first started the game. Once I get to 3 minutes+ into the game it disappears though (this is on fallback version). But when I used the stable latest version yup, it feels choppy all the time. I'm currently on fallback version. Maybe try going back to fallback version of osu?
I haven't experienced the problem that much lately, but going fallback version isn't going to effect anything about gameplay?
Also, I deleted all my songs because I thought my Osu were dying because of too many songs xD, but that wasn't the case >_<