forum

Spring 2017 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Hinako Note and Twin Angel BREAK: Again, with lazy animation and a bland story.

eromanga-sensei: Oreimo all over again, I'm okay with this.
blissfulyoshi
Makeruna!! Aku no Gundan!: Another kiddy show that I don't care to watch.
Meah
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho: Good, makes me want to watch more. Humans, Wtiches, Half Human/ Half Animals :D
Justykanna
Form is submitted, to whoever's doing em.
(As soon as I figure out the English to Japanese names of some of these listed anime...)

Clockwork Planet: I liked the cute little interactions between the kid and his newfound 'friend' and the whole "we need to fix an artificial planet" brings some urgency into the story, but I just can't hold onto this one. There's too many silly moments and the kid himself could get a point to where he's annoying anyway. Also, sidenote: Can anime stop putting Fripside in everything?

Grimoire of Zero: I really like the premise of a half-breed, trying to change himself, physically. I really do. Reminded me sort of Inu-Yasha. But everything else feels so off. I feel like this anime doesn't take itself seriously for the most part and this could just enter into "this is today's mission" type thing.

Rage of Bahamut: No. Just... no. Annoying main character, random transformation (from... what... blushing?) and we solved the mystery on who this random wanted character is halfway through the episode. Just, nothing is appealing here.
blissfulyoshi
Grimoire of Zero: I'm really undecided on this. On one hand, White Fox really stepped up their action animation and there were some semi funny scenes. On the other hand, some of the story segments just dragged on and on.

Tsugumomo: While I admit there was one part where I got a good laugh, most of the show was too cliche to be funny. Also the art feels very basic, creating this feeling that something is really lacking.
Fhaye
Eromanga-sensei: One of the best of this season's anime.

Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni...: Hentai borderline = no
Rio-
Eromanga-sensei - OreImo 2.0 with better imouto, nuff said. And ClariS + TrySail for the Song Performances are enough to hook me up with this series.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - I'm probably gonna like this series onward, but I'll put this on neutral cuz' the first episode aren't really shows quite a lot of good points of this series (just this ordinary magic and witches genre, but one of the MC is a half-breed or "was" a Human). White Fox surely did quite a great job adapting this series, as expected from the one who made a good adaptation of Re:Zero.
blissfulyoshi
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?: So many spoilers in the first few seconds (Scene happens at the end of Volume 3). Honestly though, I was deeply impressed by the adaptation. The use of that opening scene and Scarborough Fair really set the correct mood for this series. The jokes were told as they were in the story, and didn't try to add extra fanservice jokes. The only thing I really have to discredit is the awful animation budget, but with everything else being done correctly so far, it is definitely something I can get over.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Tsugumomo: Was this suppose to be made 15 years ago? I'm kind of a sucker for the youkai aesthetic but maybe if the genre wasn't so over saturated at this point, I'd be more about this series.
blissfulyoshi
Re:Creators: Sadly all this show really has going for it are action scenes, and watching fast moving swords chasing a fast moving car isn't exactly a cool thing to watch. The show isn't very funny and the plot seems somewhere between nonexistant or convoluted mess whose surface has just been touched. I'll watch another ep to figure out more about it, but it'll probably be dropped.

Kenka Banchou Otome - Girl Beats Boys: During most moments, I wanted to say this was just another low budget shoujo series with all those generic gray mob characters, but I love the detail they put into the school walls and the triple punch in the last fight scene. It doesn't fix the cliche plot, but I'll give it a 2nd ep.
Meah
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria: insta green
blissfulyoshi
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria: It is pretty much everything you expect after watching dungeon except the focus is on a group of 4 girls now. Low detail backgrounds with decently done action scenes. RPG like world and humor. Don't expect it to be very different than the original.

Fukumenkei Noise: I thought this series was okay at first, but then we see some semi creepy sprites sing twinkle twinkle little star and the logic jumps creating some of these weird actions was beyond me.
Rio-
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria - Well, if you like the Original DanMachi. You might like It too, And I liked It (Focused more to the Loki familia instead of Hestia familia). Decent details but with good Animation, Some Cameo of Bell, Hestia, etc. from the Original DanMachi. So far I like It.

Re:Creators - An Anime about how Anime Characters feel about our world, "The Land of Gods". Probably a Hidden Gem for this Season imo, at first I thought I won't watch it but after watching the first Episode It truly changes my mind completely for an Original work. Also Hiroyuki Sawano's pieces for the Soundtracks are amazing + The Animations are great. So I might watch It first priority every week.

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai - I only watch a glimpse of it cuz' I watched It in my living room and I don't want my family found about this. So I might only watch It for "enjoyment" and nothing else (Or just dropped it. Kind of like Bikini Warriors imo)
Shurelia
Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai - WHAT A CLICKBAIT , aaa
Meah
Saekano S2: As a big fan of RomComs, this is one of the best anime has to offer. OP is really good too. Utaha ♥ all the way
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho: I really want to like this, but if the story progression is going to be this slow, I don't know if I can keep watching it. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if it picks up before I drop it.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?: Already with the first episode, I'm interested in seeing how this series will play out. I really like the feeling this one gives off.

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai: FeelsBadMan
Meah
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?: Never imagined that it was this great! First few minutes is enough to excite you.
Rio-
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ - Excluding the Episode 0 that is full of Fanservice, Good adaptation and a good flashback story in the first episode. Not really a fan of RomCom but It kinds of better than It's prequel in 2015 imo, The Animation kind of improving quite a lot from that too. I liked It...
Justykanna
Added another one, just for kicks. Edited my form.

Re:Creators: I question where the story is going with this one and the random camera angles are so.... random. But it looks pretty and apparently Sawano's doing the music. I really hope this anime doesn't take episodes for the characters to get used to the different world. I've seen that too many times. Gonna stick with this one and see where it goes.
_Hatsumi
Alice to Zouroku : J.C Staff made a smart move by making the Episode 1's duration longer than regular episode, i mean if they didn't do that, I won't understand what is happening :lol: and this anime turns out okay for me

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism : Shouldn't judge an anime by its synopsis, this anime is really fun to watch :D at first I thought it was just about some crazy bitches swinging their sword and claiming their turf in school :lol: but in the end i was wrong :P

eromanga-sensei : You can't call it Incest if He's not her real brother

Re:CREATORS : Kinda confused by the story, I have so many question needs to be answered

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ : just like season 1, the episode 0 tells about horny-as-shit heroines who almost gangbanged the main character , if they keep doing this for the rest of the season, idk what to say. but it's good to see megumi katou again in new season ^^

Tsuki ga Kirei : this anime is, well i would give it 10 out of 10 just by watching the first episode. Tsuki ga Kirei got the type of story that I loved, and main character that really resembles me. No wonder It just jumped into top 10 anime this week (by Anime Trending), I mean it's really a good anime
- Kantoku -
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records.
Oh man, that was fucking hilarious, This was way better than I expected.I laughed so hard at the comedy.The MC teacher personality is perfect for this type of show,that reminds me of the MC from Trinity Seven.
With that said..I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and I'll most definitely keep up with this until the end.

Shingeki no Kyojin S2.
Actually i am waiting for this,one of the best written anime ever.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
I am sure, I'm going to enjoy this season just as much as the first season! Best Girl Megumi owns Eriri and Utaha .

Eromanga-sensei.
I find this episode quite funny and cute, low score probably about some people still btching about oreimo. I mean at least they aren't blood related this time around XD

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu Ka? Sukutte Moratte ii Desu Ka?.
I am very impressed with the beginning of the story and I think the ending of the story will be sad.

Sakura Quest.
Really loving the show's understated comedy elements. Guaranteed a laugh out loud moment every episode.

Boruto.
i just don't like it.. from bad to boring..

Sagrada Reset.
I do wonder if every arc is going to end up being a reset, and then things change instead of being the same, throwing a wrench in their plans. We've had it twice already. I guess that's really the only way to make a reset present new things, but still.
Rio-
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? - I actually watch this recently until the latest 3rd Episode... And man, It's really good and the Background music really makes you feel that You're in the same position as the characters there imo. Why did I miss this in the first week It aired?... I probably will read the novel if I have time too.

Hinako Note - Well, It's kind of like GochiUsa imo... but not as charming as it is.

Probably that's all the impressions I have for this season...
Comfy Slippers
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
First 2 episodes were good, then it went to shit.

Eromanga
Its fun. Have a feeling it's gonna be one of those anime that never get a sequel and are there just to boost sales of original work. Megumi is top tier loli, waifu material.

Shingeki
Finally starting to get interesting after a bunch of "nothing" and melodrama. But that's just SNK in a nutshell.

Saekano S2
Need to catch up
Paxas_old
Rinne
Little witch
Tsugumomo

Boku no hero academia