forum

Break on an Osu! Mania Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Proxian
Hi!

I'm working on a beatmap using the song Neutralite the Hero by Disasterpeace. In the middle of the song, everything gets silent except for one note that is held for about 10 seconds. No percussion, no other melodies except for this one note. I've looked at the Osu! Mania Ranking Criteria and it says that there should be no breaks except for if the song is completely silent. I've completed 2 difficulties so far and I'm not so good with Audacity so I can't really cut out the note. I don't know if I should make a very long hold, include regular notes as if it was like the rest of the song, or leave it blank.

Thanks! :)
Crumpey

Proxian wrote:

Hi!

I'm working on a beatmap using the song Neutralite the Hero by Disasterpeace. In the middle of the song, everything gets silent except for one note that is held for about 10 seconds. No percussion, no other melodies except for this one note. I've looked at the Osu! Mania Ranking Criteria and it says that there should be no breaks except for if the song is completely silent. I've completed 2 difficulties so far and I'm not so good with Audacity so I can't really cut out the note. I don't know if I should make a very long hold, include regular notes as if it was like the rest of the song, or leave it blank.

Thanks! :)
its not uncommon to see notes held down for a long time, as long as it makes sense to do so, Symphony of the night a dragon force song, has a 7second ln.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/478042 ( at here 02:21:426 (141426|1) - )