forum

#Irish Channel Request

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,815
show more
Valentine
#Irish would be wonderful
Topic Starter
Demon
Bumping this again ~
I hope they actually consider deciding on implementing #Irish as us Who fluently speak and those who want to learn and want a place to speak the language with others would greatly appreciate it.
Aiona
still haven't given my stars for this, idk how :^)
Topic Starter
Demon
While we are waiting we currently started up our own discord server for the Irish community and those wanting to speak the language as no progress has been made with this after the star function was enabled on the post.

We are still waiting for ATLEAST some form of response regarding the channel.
DeletedUser_7415093
Yes, I am with you Demon I myself would love an #Irish channel.
Please Peppy!
DeletedUser_7415093
bump
Topic Starter
Demon
Bumping this.
Flanster
I'll take a look at the discord server.
Planning on bringing this up to staff at the beginning of January.
dung eater
I would like to see channels for any and all languages c.c (made up ones and ones that don't have any native speakers, too)

support
witchcult
this is a lovely idea! good luck
Topic Starter
Demon

nsm wrote:

this is a lovely idea! good luck
Thank you everyone for all the support on this thus far ;^; <3
Darth_Mula
i dont speak chinese but stars!
Topic Starter
Demon
this was going so well :c
Z o e y
plz
adoyler97

Flanster wrote:

Seeing as its the following January, did this get brought up to staff? just out of interest, if it didn't could it be brought up to them, it would be ideal for at least someone to give the Irish community some response on the #Irish Channel.
Topic Starter
Demon

adoyler97 wrote:

Flanster wrote:

Seeing as its the following January, did this get brought up to staff? just out of interest, if it didn't could it be brought up to them, it would be ideal for at least someone to give the Irish community some response on the #Irish Channel.
2 years and still no proper response :) :) :) :) :) :)
Ephemeral
this has probably already been said but if it were to happen, it would require the following things:

1. a large community that speaks gaelige, which i highly doubt exists
2. a moderator that speaks gaelige
3. enough activity sustained over a long enough period of time to justify the channel existing and a GMT member being assigned to it
Yoges
This request is just a meme lol

Edit: I cant remember who it was that asked me but I got messaged in game randomly asking me to give some support to this thread and I vaguely remember the conversation to go something like this

Person: Hey
Me: Hello
Person: Do you think you could throw some support at this thread so we can get an irish channel?
Me: ...
Me: what?
Me: An Irish channel?
Person: Yeah I know
Me: Mate nobody fucking speaks irish who the fuck do you think you're shitting?
Person: Peppy lol
Me: KEK

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D XXXXXddD
Flanster
Considering the time I was in the discord server, I saw mostly english. I'm not seeing this happening in the first place, to be completely honest, meme or not.
DeletedUser_5322953

Yoges wrote:

This request is just a meme lol

Edit: I cant remember who it was that asked me but I got messaged in game randomly asking me to give some support to this thread and I vaguely remember the conversation to go something like this

Person: Hey
Me: Hello
Person: Do you think you could throw some support at this thread so we can get an irish channel?
Me: ...
Me: what?
Me: An Irish channel?
Person: Yeah I know
Me: Mate nobody fucking speaks irish who the fuck do you think you're shitting?
Person: Peppy lol
Me: KEK

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D XXXXXddD
who even r u lmao
Yoges

[KoKo] wrote:

who even r u lmao
Dia duit yoges is anim dom ta ceathruir i mo chlan ta me i mo choni i bfionglas ta 18 bliana deag daois. Bhi an aimsir go maith agus nil se fluch. Bhi an tatmospheir electric.
Taro Sykes
i'm not irish and i don't speak gaelige but this deserves a star.
M a t t y

Yoges wrote:

[KoKo] wrote:

who even r u lmao
Dia duit yoges is anim dom ta ceathruir i mo chlan ta me i mo choni i bfionglas ta 18 bliana deag daois. Bhi an aimsir go maith agus nil se fluch. Bhi an tatmospheir electric.
leaving cert Vietnam flashbacks
Ulquiorra Cifer
I don't think it's gonna happen guys, Irish community is quite small, for example I'm #30 in Ireland but #100 in Switzerland and they don't have their own Swiss channel. What about a discord server for Irish community? Is there one? Swiss community has one where most of the active players are. Tell me if there is one.
Kujinn
when?
Swivelx
Even though I don't live in Ireland, and don't know Irish, I AM trying to learn Irish and love Ireland, and I think this would be awesome for the Irish osu! Community, and could help people who need help with the language as well since Irish is so scarcely spoken
Topic Starter
Demon
With the insane growth of the Irish community at this current time i feel like the #Irish channel is very needed in osu!. As mentioned before , Irish is a language that is mandatory to learn in Ireland and we have no where to speak it other than our Facebook community and Discord which currently has 150 members and is very active every day. There's still a lot of Irish players that are not in the discord group and I think a #irish would be perfect to connect all the players :)

If any of the moderators or such want to visit the Irish Discord or such then feel free to PM me.
Karrae
I second this!
Barra
Ba mhaith liom béim a cúr ar an iarratas freisin. Ní bheidh aon freagair agam as Béarla anseo. Táim dáiríre faoi anois mar d'obair mé leis an nGaeilge ar fad ceithre bhliain mar mo theanga oibre is táim ag iarraidh é sin a leanúint le mo chluichí ríomhaireachta ag cruthú áit ina bhfuil aon duine i ndán Gaeilge a labhairt.

Tá Gaeilge ar fáil ar aon guthán Samsung, Twitter, Google agus Facebook ach ní fiú de chainéal #Gaeilge/#Irish ar osu? Ba mhaith linn é sin a athrú.
kasuuuu
i hope this becomes a thing! :)
EatYourVeggies
its been 3 years peppy pls give us a channel.
Topic Starter
Demon
4 Years and still nothing , Since then the Irish community has grown nearly 10 times as big as it used to be, That's a feelsbadman.
Turnz
It's actually a struggle to talk on osu! now because of the lack of an Irish chat channel. This would greatly appreciated and I hope you take it into consideration we've wanted this for so long. Don't let us down.
Azelia
Tabhair an cainéal dúinn le do thoil Peppy, bheimis buíoch as go mór
Cyrotron
they should make a channel for every language tbh
hakashii
I actually never knew that Irish people have their own language. But when many Irish People prefer to use a their own language but have to write English would be actually sad, so I would support them.
souljaboytellem
its been 4 years peppy please
Mewtz
i dont even like the language i still really want this to exist lol
MilkWatcher
7 years... TwT
wirou
Tá mé imirt osu agus níl mé bí ag caint as béarla!!!
cabhrú uaim!
show more