This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,808 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Voli wrote:

General

  • 00:00:284 (1,1,2,3,4) - is it me or does this intro pattern get harder the lower the difficulties go? in ktg's diff, they are very densely spaced, in the insane they are spaced more, in the light insane even more and so on. I don't think that's how the spread's supposed to be structured?honestly this does matter one bit. This is about 1 second long and it's not meant to be mapped to the spread. This pattern is mapped according to each diff and what relevance it has. I can't read the minds of the other mappers but just from looking at it very briefly I can fathom a reason why they did so and seems more than justifiable -- >Light insane would have probs been too awkward to use varying DS whilst ktg used minimal cursor movement (almost stacks) to further highlight and emphasize the jumpy and flowy nature of the objects coming after it


Kisstorica's Insane

  • 00:03:665 (3) - this is literally the only instance where you mapped to the vocals while ignoring the downbeat. If you did it consistently, that would be totally okay, but all other instances of this rhythm have the downbeat emphasized instead of ignoring it No it's not. I've followed the vocals through out. Look at instances such as 00:04:510 (6,1) and 00:06:411 (1) just because this is the only place that doesn't have a clickable downbeat doesn't mean it's the only place I was following the vocal patterns. There are other places where I could have used a slider on the red before the downbeat but I opted for triplets as there was something going on in the background and I felt adding something more to the rhythm would be more ideal for the player
  • 00:02:186 (3,4,5) - wrong emphasis, most spacing should be on 4>5 not 3>4 (theres both a clap and the strongest vocal), just as you did here 00:04:087 (4,5,6) - This is literally negliable, the whole point of this pattern isn't to put emphasis on the circles at all and have 00:02:820 (6,7,1) flow in another direction from the 3 prior objects

No offense Voli, but your way of analyzing maps is very 2 dimensional, you just don't seem to look at the big picture at all and rather focus very narrowly on a few things you see in front of you
Irreversible wrote:
Hi there!

I've seen the report on this map and checked the mod, I think there is some useful stuff which will be improving the quality of the mapset overall. Please adress accordingly, and don't get demotivated because of the disqualification - I'm saying this because I still feel like people don't understand that a disqualification isn't something bad.

Personally, I think an Easy would definitely benefit this map too. The Normal is really dense, and I think a true beginner won't get too much enjoyment from it, as it seems rather confusing for its kind. The amount of stacks speak against this being the lowest difficulty, as well.

See you around Naotoshi!


The first thing I want to get out of the way is that I don't really think the normal is that much more dense than the avg normal diff in the ranked section (though this isn't the basis for my argument). My thoughts behind is slightly based on a forum post by Garden a few months ago p/5792823/

Basically players will always find diffs of different SRs to fill the gaps and they will normally just refer to other diffs if the current normal is out of their reach (yes this point is weak may seem weak for an argument overall but bare with me). I genuinely believe that the way the song is that making an easy diff would harbor a lot of un-intuitive rhythms because of how the RC forces this (which is a far greater sin than having no easy diff what so ever as beginners will be tricked and have their fundamentals of following songs in rhythm games and just generally feels like trash). Having a normal diff mapped appropriately is far more ideal and at this BPM it shouldn't overwhelm the lower diff players. Players also naturally move onto normals from after a day or so, in fact a lot even start from normals at day 1 especially since some sets omit them such as this one, with good reason to. Yh the other sets have easy diffs in their set but when you look at them do they actually seem fitting and intuitive? I very much think not
User avatar
Elite Mapper
348 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
Voli wrote:
Hey, it seems there are several consistency issues and some other things in the higher diffs that can be improved quite a bit:


General

  • 00:00:284 (1,1,2,3,4) - is it me or does this intro pattern get harder the lower the difficulties go? in ktg's diff, they are very densely spaced, in the insane they are spaced more, in the light insane even more and so on. I don't think that's how the spread's supposed to be structured? - interpretation of a song differs from person to person. It's even arguable that the anti-jumps are harder to read than the pattern in the insane.


ktgster's Cloverdose

Throughout this difficulty the spacing seems very random and actually makes little sense comparing the patterns and correlating them to the song. Aside from that, all your triples/streams are spaced exactly the same when some of them are mapped to way more powerful sounds than others. I think there's a fair amount of parts being too inconsistent, especially for a song with such a standard rhythm and with this length. - The map is consistent, it is simply not how you thought it would be mapped. Pitch emphasis is not everything in a map; you also have to consider how the map feels to play too.

  • 00:01:763 (3,4,1,2) - the spacing difference between these two patterns makes very little sense, there is barely any change in emphasis yet the latter pattern is spaced far more - I don't see a problem with that. Spacing does not define everything. It is rather the feeling of playing the song. The vocals pitch builds up a bit, so I made a jump there. It is also a pattern based map and changing that woudl ruin the entire point of the map to begin with
  • 00:03:031 (1,2,3,4) - putting it into context, the spacing in this pattern makes even less sense (they are equally spaced at 3,0 ds), so if ''pitch emphasis'' is the reason for the spacing changes, this pattern makes literally no sense - is there a problem to that? It is spaced because it is a minor build-up. A map is not based on spacing emphasis. It is based on feeling with your movement. - [b]context of what, the whole map? If so, its perfectly fine. It already focuses on the vocals high pitch and that is sufficient enough
  • 00:05:143 (3,4,1,2,3) - repeats itself here - ^
  • 00:16:130 (3,4,1) - hmm, more spacing from 3 to 4 than from 4 to 1 even though the heavy finish emphasis lies there? - sounds like cherrypicking here. It is close enough that you can consider it negligible. There are also no other placements you can put (1) on anyways
  • 00:16:553 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - why are they decreasing? The background synth only gets more powerful here 00:17:186 (4,1) - so i'd expect an increase in spacing, not a decrease - its a drop in a bit of intensity. That's basically what I hear. The main focus was always the vocalist, not the instruments
  • 00:21:411 (4,5,1) - seems overmapped, there is nothing on the blue tick, and even is there is, nothing deserving the same spacing as 00:22:256 (4,5,1) - does as the sound this pattern is mapped to is clearly way stronger - and is that a problem? I can guarantee that there is a sound there. I'm not really sure why you're so concerned about spacing
  • 00:26:059 (2,3) - vs 00:21:834 (2,3) - ? is there anything why one has 1,20 spacing and the other has 2,95? - again, vocal pitch emphasis
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,808 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
hi im kisses
Code:
osu file format v14

[General]
AudioFilename: audio.mp3
AudioLeadIn: 0
PreviewTime: 73
Countdown: 0
SampleSet: Soft
StackLeniency: 0.5
Mode: 0
LetterboxInBreaks: 0
WidescreenStoryboard: 1

[Editor]
Bookmarks: 16981,27086,37033,47139,57244,67507,74928,77454,97665,102718,107770,118033,125454,140297,158454
DistanceSpacing: 1
BeatDivisor: 4
GridSize: 32
TimelineZoom: 2

[Metadata]
Title:Harumachi Clover
TitleUnicode:春待ちクローバー
Artist:Hanasaka Yui(CV: M.A.O)
ArtistUnicode:花坂結衣(CV:M・A・O)
Creator:Naotoshi
Version:Kisses' Easy
Source:OneRoom
Tags:tvsize kantoku カントク one room ワンルーム Kisses Victorica ktgster frostwich Nao Tomori Mir
BeatmapID:0
BeatmapSetID:-1

[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:3
CircleSize:3.3
OverallDifficulty:3
ApproachRate:3.5
SliderMultiplier:0.9
SliderTickRate:1

[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"kantoku lolis.jpg",0,0
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples

[TimingPoints]
-349,422.535211267606,4,2,1,100,1,0
28383,-100,4,2,1,65,0,0
29334,-100,4,2,1,45,0,0
30284,-100,4,2,1,5,0,0


[Colours]
Combo1 : 152,4,251
Combo2 : 244,120,117
Combo3 : 85,162,255
Combo4 : 63,233,160

[HitObjects]
141,377,1341,6,0,P|165:346|165:289,1,90,6|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
123,217,2186,2,0,P|104:182|113:126,1,90,2|10,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
182,81,3031,2,0,L|30:92,2,135,2|2|10,0:2|0:0|0:2,0:2:0:0:
246,18,4721,6,0,P|297:15|344:38,1,90,4|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
392,96,5566,1,2,0:2:0:0:
356,178,5989,1,10,0:2:0:0:
397,257,6411,2,0,P|319:222|250:277,1,180,2|2,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
185,336,7679,1,8,0:2:0:0:
104,296,8101,5,6,0:2:0:0:
128,209,8524,1,10,0:2:0:0:
69,140,8946,2,0,P|108:120|164:127,1,90,2|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
234,162,9791,1,4,0:2:0:0:
222,72,10214,1,10,0:2:0:0:
299,25,10636,2,0,P|338:45|394:38,1,90,2|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
467,10,11481,6,4,B|475:72|475:72|454:113|454:113|463:191,1,180,4|2,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
475,273,12749,1,10,0:2:0:0:
387,296,13172,5,0,0:2:0:0:
367,208,13594,1,10,0:2:0:0:
282,176,14017,1,2,0:2:0:0:
302,88,14439,1,8,0:2:0:0:
232,30,14862,6,0,P|187:26|145:41,1,90,4|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
54,35,15707,2,0,P|32:74|30:119,1,90,2|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
79,195,16552,2,0,L|231:179,2,135,2|2|8,0:2|0:0|0:2,0:2:0:0:
35,273,18242,6,0,P|79:293|122:293,1,90,6|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
187,353,19087,2,0,P|231:333|274:333,1,90,2|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
351,289,19932,2,0,L|369:137,2,135,2|2|8,0:2|0:0|0:2,0:2:0:0:
272,332,21622,6,0,L|262:239,1,90,6|8,0:2|0:2,0:2:0:0:
202,175,22467,1,10,0:2:0:0:
292,74,23101,2,0,L|441:57,1,135,6|8,0:0|0:2,0:0:0:0:
471,136,24158,1,8,0:2:0:0:
382,237,24791,6,0,P|336:201|243:218,1,135,6|8,0:0|0:2,0:0:0:0:
184,250,25848,1,8,0:2:0:0:
134,124,26481,6,0,L|279:113,1,135,6|10,0:2|0:0,0:2:0:0:
342,166,27538,1,0,0:0:0:0:
287,237,27960,1,10,0:0:0:0:
256,192,28383,12,6,30284,0:0:0:0:
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
783 posts
Offline
Voli wrote:
Hey, it seems there are several consistency issues and some other things in the higher diffs that can be improved quite a bit:
no

General

  • 00:00:284 (1,1,2,3,4) - is it me or does this intro pattern get harder the lower the difficulties go? in ktg's diff, they are very densely spaced, in the insane they are spaced more, in the light insane even more and so on. I don't think that's how the spread's supposed to be structured?
    i don't judge spread based on the first 5 objects in the map.



Light Insane

  • What's with the soft whistle spam on random objects? 00:14:862 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - this hitsounding generally follow the vocals but then 00:16:129 (5) - has no hitound at all. Moreover I feel like it's not very effective to spam softwhistles on every vocal rather than highlighting the most prominent ones (you might aswell replace those softwhistles with nothing then, because if every vocal has the same addition it quickly becomes bland) i think it's fine. added whistle on the one that missed it.
  • 00:02:186 (3,4,5) - wrong emphasis just as in the Insane diff, 4>5 should be emphasized more than 3>4 disagree. the circles are all part of the same word and therefore all have similar spacing, i am not taking the drums into account here since the rhythm is very vocal oriented.
  • 00:19:087 (3,4,5,6) - same as above idea here is to create contrast to 00:19:721 (6,1) - and players will feel the spacing more this way.
  • 00:22:045 (2,3,4) - 1/2 spacing is the same (or even bigger) than your 1/2s which might throw off a lot of people (also way bigger 1/4 spacing than in the higher diffs which is odd) i don't think this is an issue because slider leniency means that this jump is not actually that hard. however, seeing as i never used a similar pattern in the rest of the map, i've adjusted this area to be more in line with how the other parts of the map are mapped.

As a final note, I think qualifying this set should be held to a very low priority as it is the 2394324th ranked version of this 30-second anime tvsize going for rank, at this point it does not add much to the game and we would be better off prioritizing sets that have been bubbled for a long time and where a lot of effort by multiple people has been put in. feel free to mod those sets instead of ones that don't deserve attention like you say then =)

Either way, good luck! thanks! you're my favorite modder!


thanks for the very helpful mod!
Last edited by Naotoshi on , edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Slider Savant
108 posts
Online
Earned 1 kudosu.
Mod from queue

Kisses' Easy
collapsed text
The end of the slider at 00:06:411 could be moved back to the red tick to make more musical flow.
Space section starting from 00:13:172 like this perhaps, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7865311 . It seems to improve the aesthetics.
Make into slider at 00:27:960 (3) going from the white to the red tick perhaps to follow lyrical line.


Hard
collapsed text
At 00:11:270 instead of a repeating slider, a longer slider would seem to fit the song better. Also NC Here.
Extend slider at 00:12:960 to go to the red tick and take out the repeat once again. It doesn't match in my opinion.
Delete Everything In between 00:21:834 and 00:22:890 and put these series of notes. As shown https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7865335



Thank you for your cooperation!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
783 posts
Offline
Dragontail wrote:
Mod from queue
Hard
At 00:11:270 instead of a repeating slider, a longer slider would seem to fit the song better. Also NC Here.
Extend slider at 00:12:960 to go to the red tick and take out the repeat once again. It doesn't match in my opinion.
Delete Everything In between 00:21:834 and 00:22:890 and put these series of notes. As shown https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7865335

your rhythm suggestions are very much on point, but they don't match up with what i was trying to do in each section. i did change the last one though. also please don't use boxes in mods >.>

Thank you for your cooperation!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
2,349 posts
Offline
No kudosu yet.
popped bc u don't have furry bg Image
lolis r now unrankable
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
4,591 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
a blanket and missing whistle was fixed, requalified
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,019 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,256 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
#4 had some minor setbacks, but now it's back on track boys
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
2,548 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Strive for mediocrity.
User avatar
Combo Commander
481 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
User avatar
Tempo Trainee
5 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
Neat mapset. I really enjoyed the last diff, thanks for this pp fest!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
2,009 posts
Offline
Post is exempt of kudosu.
I wish this mapset is a bad joke or bad meme...

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7954422
This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
Reply 89 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Users browsing this forum: None


Jump to: