forum

[resolved] Compatibility mode clarification

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Osukaa
I run osu! on a Windows 10 and in Cutting Edge. I noticed that when I run osu without Compatibility mode my input and overall performance actually INCREASES instead of the opposite. So I run osu in Compatibility mode and in Fullscreen. However recently it said that I couldnt run Fullscreen with Compatibility mode so I'm feeling kind of confused as to what is really going on.
Endaris
1. This belongs in Help.
2. Compatibility mode is for exactly that: if there are incompatibility issues.
3. Unless you have serious problems with graphic rendering and delay you shouldn't be able to notice an increase in performance from compatibility mode if CE runs fluently. Try Stable(Fallback) if you actually have issues.
Trosk-
What Compatibility mode does is to translate OpenGL to DirectX, for those users who can't run osu! correctly. You shouldn't use it if you can run osu! fine, and it's normal to get better performance with it disabled. Also, Compatibility mode doesn't support exclusive Full screen for now.

Moved to Help.
Topic Starter
Osukaa
Thanks for the response but I meant to say: When Compatibility mode is ON I don't lag and when it's OFF it lags. So therefore OpenGL lags more than DirectX for me.
Trosk-

Osukaa wrote:

Thanks for the response but I meant to say: When Compatibility mode is ON I don't lag and when it's OFF it lags. So therefore OpenGL lags more than DirectX for me.
Then don't use it, play a bit while getting lag and dropped frames, then go this thread and report your problem there, following the instructions in the OP, and providing your performance.log archive. You will find it in osu!\Logs.
glissenning
Hi ive recently bought a new computer and installed osu. When i was playing with the settings, i pressed compatibility mode and it immediately kicked me out of the game and now i cant even enter the game. Please help me i have no idea what to do.
Dntm8kmeeatu

GLIED wrote:

Hi ive recently bought a new computer and installed osu. When i was playing with the settings, i pressed compatibility mode and it immediately kicked me out of the game and now i cant even enter the game. Please help me i have no idea what to do.
Open your osu!.pcname.cfg file with notepad and change "CompatibilityContext" to 0, save, and then launch the game.

Next time make a new thread for your issue, and don't bump old marked threads.

If that fix doesn't work, please make a new thread like I've said.

Also make sure your graphics drivers are installed and updated.
SpenceOtron
How do you find that folder? Sorry i'm new to computers. :?:
Death
Unless you specifically changed the path osu! installed to when installing the game, the full default path to your osu! folder is: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!
Replace <Username> with the name of the account you are using on your computer.

Appdata is a hidden folder, meaning if you want to navigate through each folder manually, you will need to enable the ability to see hidden folders through Windows. Google should be able to help with that.

You can also type %localappdata% in the navigation bar at the top of Windows Explorer to be taken directly to the AppData\Local folder.

This thread is also 2 years old and marked as resolved. In the future, please avoid bumping these and make a new thread if you are having issues.