forum

Categories for Unranked Maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
cosmic
I think it's hard to find maps from a specific genre if they're unranked, and it would be nice to be able to discover pending maps of certain genres bc a lot of pending maps are still good whether they're in the process of getting to ranked and in need of modding, or old and disregarded.
Sandy Hoey
You can already sort by qualified, pending, all, loved. What are you talking about
johnmedina999
I also think it would be cool to be able to set the language and genre yourself instead of waiting for your map to be ranked and having a BN do it. That way, you could search unranked maps by those search terms (like the OP is referring to).
Sandy Hoey
ah, I see. my bad, I thought you were being more general. xD Not a bad idea
WingSilent
Yes, mappers must be able to set the music genre, wich involves an easier searching theme into the non-ranked maps, such as pending and graveyard. (At least a submitted beatmap)

For the notice :

:)/
Rivals_7
Pawsu
am I missing something here? you can already filter graveyarded or pending maps. It's just up to the mapper to select them in the right category?
johnmedina999
Yes, you can filter maps through graveyarded or pending, but you cannot filter through language or genre. If you could, it would make those kpop songs people like so much easier to find.
_Meep_
Genre/Language can only be set by QATs iirc therefore no one has the time to browse through more than 10k maps that have been graved and are not even for rank
Stefan
The concerns people have about this feature is that people abuse it by adding random languages and genres, so it can result that if you're looking for french instrumental songs you find instead japanese anime maps labeled as french instrumentals. And you can't hire QATs to watch out for that. Wrong (or inappropriate) tags and altered metadata which has been changed to troll are pretty common and stupid the same way.

And as little reference: Even beatmap nominators had their "fun" with language and genre, don't expect people to be mature to not abuse it.
Topic Starter
cosmic

Stefan wrote:

The concerns people have about this feature is that people abuse it by adding random languages and genres, so it can result that if you're looking for french instrumental songs you find instead japanese anime maps labeled as french instrumentals. And you can't hire QATs to watch out for that. Wrong (or inappropriate) tags and altered metadata which has been changed to troll are pretty common and stupid the same way.

And as little reference: Even beatmap nominators had their "fun" with language and genre, don't expect people to be mature to not abuse it.
Yeah but you could put the title of one song and the mp3 could be different, anything in a mappers control can be abused, but most people don't abuse it so I don't think it would be that big of an issue.