forum

removed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rubyy
tsa
Extremity
If your issue is a speed one, then play more fast maps. Nothing can really let you suddenly play much faster maps than usual; the only way to get faster is to practice a lot on fast maps.

Generally, a good strategy is to play maps that are just slightly out of your comfortable speed range until you get used to that speed, then repeat. So if you can easily play maps at 200bpm, play maps at 210-220. When you know the exact thing that you have difficulty on, you can improve at it fairly quickly by consciously making an effort to practice it.

Your exhaustion when playing tends to also lessen when you get faster, so don't worry too much about it unless it is seriously hurting your ability to play.
Finally, star rating isn't a very good measure of difficulty, so don't put so much weight into it (for example, the Empress [SC] is only 4.2 stars while Regret is 5.4)
Mura7797

boh123321 wrote:

If your issue is a speed one, then play more fast maps. Nothing can really let you suddenly play much faster maps than usual; the only way to get faster is to practice a lot on fast maps.

Generally, a good strategy is to play maps that are just slightly out of your comfortable speed range until you get used to that speed, then repeat. So if you can easily play maps at 200bpm, play maps at 210-220. When you know the exact thing that you have difficulty on, you can improve at it fairly quickly by consciously making an effort to practice it.

Your exhaustion when playing tends to also lessen when you get faster, so don't worry too much about it unless it is seriously hurting your ability to play.
Finally, star rating isn't a very good measure of difficulty, so don't put so much weight into it (for example, the Empress [SC] is only 4.2 stars while Regret is 5.4)
Tbh the endurance is not a small problem. I never trained endurance since I found out that I couldn't continue playing 6*-7* by pausing every 10 seconds.

So it's important to train the endurance separately Imho, I have a good speed but I don't have a good endurance so for your exhaustion it's better to play the endurance training, it helped me really a lot, for example I couldn't pass the max difficulty of Memoria (Original Mix) before, now I pass it in S with 1 pause, so it's really really important.

I suggest you to download a mappack called "Endurance Training" and play the hardest map of that pack you can play without pausing, everyday, and when you take around 96% go to the next, it's a good way to train the endurance, which is a fundamental factor in osu!mania 4k. (it's important in 7k too but less Imo).
abraker
Just practice various kind of streams to the point you are putting less and less effort in trying to read them. Once you associate the patterns with how the hand needs to play them (muscle memory), you will find them much easier to do.

Now for the speed component, maps like Empress SC require you minimize the time you spend holding down a key when you tap. To achieve that, I, for example, find it easier to lightly tap my keys with the finger starting higher up to let it bounce off (I have a relatively high key actuation force, allowing for such).

Ofc this is easier said than done as it's not something that can just done. Even now I experience times where my brain just falls back to my old ways and I and my finger spends several more ms on the keys than otherwise, so you shouldn't force that and it should just come to you.