i turned off the map and favorited for the SB
Okoratu
took me a while to figure out Sinnoh's post is a screenshot for ants
Asphyxia
Congrats again :D Fun map
Aurele
@y'all downvoting this
Rapthorn
Saw an 8 star 53 second map and expected the worst shit ever ranked in osu but this is actually really creative and fun to play

somehow one of my favourite maps this year, gj
Curisu
Best storyboard 2017
Enon
dat circle size made my eyes gone
Halliday
Hello! A storyboard mod (?)

Just a thought about the SB

I know there was a little discussion on the SB already. The storyboard itself doesn't bothers me at all; I think it's pretty funny & clever, and that there's no need to put a limit to creativity in a case like this, so all that is fine to me c:

But I do have a problem with it: I don't think some elements of the storyboard should be on every diff.

Here are the elements that I think should be (partially) removed from the mapset:
-The lyrics: In lower diffs, they just don't match with what's being played. A (new) player playing one of the lower diffs and reading the storyboard will not understand the joke OR be able to relate it to the map, and will probably get confused by it; I think this should be avoided.
A person that can play & pass Kawabunga (Or some of the other higher diffs) is already familiarized enough with osu! (In general) to understand the concepts and references, that just isn't the case with newer players.

-The last 4 Miku gifs: On Kawabunga the 4 Mikus drop and fall in a place where they get inside of some sliders, and that's cool, but that doesn't happen anywhere else on the mapset. That makes those gifs unnecesary on the other diffs. Note that I know these don't actually do any harm (Because they can't cause any confussion), so this one is optional.

So, my suggestion is:
-Delete the lyrics on the diffs Easy, Normal, Hard, Kyversible's Insane and Another. I guess the lyrics can be kept on the rest of the diffs, since they use a small cs, and again, I think anyone that can play the 3 diffs above Another is experienced enough to understand the storyboard xD
-Delete the last 4 Miku gifs on every diff but Kawabunga (Optional).

This shouldn't be so hard, if the storyboard was made with scripting, Damnae will only have to delete the textlines on the diff's .osb files that correspond with the things I mentioned (I don't know if it's actually that easy, I'm just guessing here o_o)

Well, that's all I wanted to say, not much, but it's definitely something that should be given some thought before this map goes ranked :D
pw384
favorite for my aching stomach
Victoire
My reading might be shit but has the average reading really gone up so much that ar9.5 on a 8* alternate map is reasonable? I wish I could play this without having to make an edited ar10 version or memorizing it for EZ. That said, if I make it playable for myself I really enjoy it!
Topic Starter
Irreversible

HallidayASR wrote:

Hello! A storyboard mod (?)

Just a thought about the SB

I know there was a little discussion on the SB already. The storyboard itself doesn't bothers me at all; I think it's pretty funny & clever, and that there's no need to put a limit to creativity in a case like this, so all that is fine to me c:

But I do have a problem with it: I don't think some elements of the storyboard should be on every diff.

Here are the elements that I think should be (partially) removed from the mapset:
-The lyrics: In lower diffs, they just don't match with what's being played. A (new) player playing one of the lower diffs and reading the storyboard will not understand the joke OR be able to relate it to the map, and will probably get confused by it; I think this should be avoided.
A person that can play & pass Kawabunga (Or some of the other higher diffs) is already familiarized enough with osu! (In general) to understand the concepts and references, that just isn't the case with newer players.

-The last 4 Miku gifs: On Kawabunga the 4 Mikus drop and fall in a place where they get inside of some sliders, and that's cool, but that doesn't happen anywhere else on the mapset. That makes those gifs unnecesary on the other diffs. Note that I know these don't actually do any harm (Because they can't cause any confussion), so this one is optional.

So, my suggestion is:
-Delete the lyrics on the diffs Easy, Normal, Hard, Kyversible's Insane and Another. I guess the lyrics can be kept on the rest of the diffs, since they use a small cs, and again, I think anyone that can play the 3 diffs above Another is experienced enough to understand the storyboard xD
-Delete the last 4 Miku gifs on every diff but Kawabunga (Optional).

This shouldn't be so hard, if the storyboard was made with scripting, Damnae will only have to delete the textlines on the diff's .osb files that correspond with the things I mentioned (I don't know if it's actually that easy, I'm just guessing here o_o)

Well, that's all I wanted to say, not much, but it's definitely something that should be given some thought before this map goes ranked :D
Thanks for your concerns.. but I feel like that it will be a fun easter egg they will remember later on. I've always enjoyed such situations, and in the end they can be like "oh lol, that's what he meant with ant!!". I'll keep it as is.

Victoire wrote:

My reading might be shit but has the average reading really gone up so much that ar9.5 on a 8* alternate map is reasonable? I wish I could play this without having to make an edited ar10 version or memorizing it for EZ. That said, if I make it playable for myself I really enjoy it!
Interesting, people told me AR10 was way too high. So I went for a middle solution. Thanks for your input though! Hope you can still enjoy it.
Monstrata
The AR is fine imo. Alternating maps generally don't need as high an AR as true double bpm / high bpm maps (think https://osu.ppy.sh/s/332623).
Victoire
This map does have plenty of lower AR-friendly patterns, but for the kiai it's maybe 50-50. For me personally, as someone who (again) sucks at reading, my difference in acc between AR9.5 and AR10 is ~10% and I'm sure there are a lot of people with less-than-stellar reading like me who are affected similarly (double emphasis on high star rating typically being popular with players like me). That said, I think the most important thing to add is that a higher AR certainly wouldn't hurt this map in any way as ALMOST anyone who can play this remotely decently can read AR10 and AR10 is just the high end for this.
Stjpa
Having an even higher AR would make the rest of the map really uncomfortable to play though, so it's pretty much a dilemma

Personally I also think the AR is fine how it is right now
Victoire
While I disagree that AR9.7 or AR9.8 would make the slow parts particularly awkward to play, I don't think it's better to stack the reading difficulty on top of the aim difficulty in the kiai. It should go without saying that it's a lot easier to deal with more difficult reading (from too low or to high AR) on easier parts than it is on hard parts, but here you get the double trouble of crazy spacing and difficult reading in kiai while the rest is pretty readily playable.
unko
this really feels like a cs5 map downsized to be honest
unko
give me kd for that
zev
I think it's wise to have the metadata rather be displayed in the long break rather than in the start of the map.

Wouldn't affect ranking process iirc.
fieryrage
can we at least make the od 10 so notelocks arent a thing ty

literally no reason an 8 star map shouldnt be od 10
Topic Starter
Irreversible

fieryrage wrote:

can we at least make the od 10 so notelocks arent a thing ty

literally no reason an 8 star map shouldnt be od 10
I had this tested by people and they said notelock was gone with 9.5
fieryrage
well its ranked now so nothing i can really do about it and it's minor

at this high of bpm though it's kinda necessary to avoid notelocks, least when i played it
Ciyus Miapah
what the hell
Ankanogradiel
what
niyuji
EZ scores lmao

good map
Artymis
omg that storyboard omg i praise you for it