forum

[resolved] Question about gaining weighted PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Olum2k
So basically I know about how the PP weighting system works, but for some songs it says that I'm earning 11pp (Thats the weighted value) - but my PP only goes up by 4. Is this another kind of weighting thing or?

here is the song I just did http://prntscr.com/eolz7o

I'm certain that i had 218 PP before and now it is 222, although after seeing how much it says i gained i thought it would be 229 in that case
I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question lol
Supairo
This article should answer your question.

osu!wiki wrote:

Why did I only gain 30pp when the map I played gives 100pp?

PP is a weighted system. This means that your highest pp score gives 100% of its pp, the next one 95% and so on. So your 100pp score may only be weighted around 30%. This does not, however, mean that you actually get a 100% pp gain, even if you set a new personal top performance, as every other score you have will be weighted less than they did before. It's quite easy if you think about it for a little bit:

Let's imagine that your top rank only has 2 maps and looks like this:
#1. 100pp, weighted 100%
#2. 100pp, weighted 95%

Your total pp will then be 100 + 95 = 195pp. If you now set a 110pp score, your top rank will look like this:
#1. 110pp, weighted 100%
#2. 100pp, weighted 95%
#3. 100pp, weighted 90%

As you can see, your new total pp is not 195 + 110 = 305pp, but 110 + 95 + 90 = 295pp.
Hopefully this should answer your question!
Topic Starter
Olum2k
ah ok so other maps you have done get a lower percentage with the more higher maps you do. Thanks :)