Total Posts
show more
-Mo-
wtb heart
Nao Tomori
placeholder
might be a bit cuz can only quali 1 map a day x d

[abyssal catharsis]
00:50:697 (1) - i don't understand what kind of weird wiggly sound this is following. the song seems to present a pretty simple rhythm like http://puu.sh/uMyqb/9844c08add.jpg but it's just all ignored?
same thing with 02:07:497 (1) - .
01:04:497 - seems weird to have such a strong sound on slider end.
01:37:897 - shouldn't this be a 1/2 slider?
01:55:197 (2) - i think this rhythm is pretty terrible cuz the slider repeat is stronger than the head, there's an ignored sound on the red tick and the slider end is pretty strong.
02:02:697 (3) - this thing has similar issue where the head is on something almost inaudible compared to the end
02:22:897 (1,3) - there isn't anything on these notes

yeah, i don't really understand the rhythm choice. to me it seems rather bad, unless i missed a core factor or theme that explains it. please let me know.
Topic Starter
Santtu

Nao Tomori wrote:

placeholder
might be a bit cuz can only quali 1 map a day x d

[abyssal catharsis]
00:50:697 (1) - i don't understand what kind of weird wiggly sound this is following. the song seems to present a pretty simple rhythm like http://puu.sh/uMyqb/9844c08add.jpg but it's just all ignored? Basses and snares stopped "playing" and the music got silent there. It would maybe work the way you suggested, but imo the current one reflects the music the best way possible. The background sounds in that part aren't so important.
same thing with 02:07:497 (1) - . ^
01:04:497 - seems weird to have such a strong sound on slider end. Y that's true
01:37:897 - shouldn't this be a 1/2 slider? It would be, but it's not. And besides you don't give me a reason why it should be 1/2 slider... To me it looks fine
01:55:197 (2) - i think this rhythm is pretty terrible cuz the slider repeat is stronger than the head, there's an ignored sound on the red tick and the slider end is pretty strong. y, that's right, I also did it better previously so idk why i didn't have it here too xd
02:02:697 (3) - this thing has similar issue where the head is on something almost inaudible compared to the end y fixed
02:22:897 (1,3) - there isn't anything on these notes indeed.... it feels really empty without them but what can I do :P

yeah, i don't really understand the rhythm choice. to me it seems rather bad, unless i missed a core factor or theme that explains it. please let me know. I pretty much mapped the strong beats from the music and some iconic sounds from vocal that fit nicely. I tried to emphasize the places where the melody has held sound in red ticks.
Thx for checking, I also fixed a lot of rhythms that didn't really embrace that music right.
R.I.P Bubble #2
Nao Tomori
back with some more rhythm stuff. this is a lot more subjective, so it isn't an issue when you disagree with me.

[abssyal catharsis]
00:17:297 - 00:20:497 - could be cool to use the 1/2 sliders here on these notes just to keep every one of those sounds under a slider.

00:27:497 - 00:27:897 - you could use sliders on these to follow the vocals more closely, like you did at 00:26:497 (3,4) - . imo more interesting than just sliders on every white tick.

01:40:497 - imo should also be a 1/2 slider

to me making 02:24:697 (1) - into a slider and moving all the subsequent ones till 02:27:097 - back a red tick sounds a lot better.
02:32:697 - same in this section.

02:49:297 (5) - missing a whistle or something

03:00:297 (3) - strongest sounds here are under repeat and slider end.

regarding slider ends with stronger sounds than heads.
since you do this a lot, ofc it's clear that it's on purpose. i'm still suggesting against it because using the slider object "backwards" is a concept that i find rather contrary to how a song should be represented. i can't force you to change your concept, of course. if you disagree with me about this, it isn't a problem, as many people are not of the same opinion as me.

regarding angles and other stuff.
i'm not really a fan of using wide angles as much as you do. this is purely stylistic and not something i can mod. however, since i can't really agree with the object placement and use of cursor movement, i won't nominate this, but lasse is fine to rebubble.
Topic Starter
Santtu

Nao Tomori wrote:

back with some more rhythm stuff. this is a lot more subjective, so it isn't an issue when you disagree with me.

[abssyal catharsis]
00:17:297 - 00:20:497 - could be cool to use the 1/2 sliders here on these notes just to keep every one of those sounds under a slider. y why not

00:27:497 - 00:27:897 - you could use sliders on these to follow the vocals more closely, like you did at 00:26:497 (3,4) - . imo more interesting than just sliders on every white tick. sound good imo

01:40:497 - imo should also be a 1/2 slider y, works better

to me making 02:24:697 (1) - into a slider and moving all the subsequent ones till 02:27:097 - back a red tick sounds a lot better.
02:32:697 - same in this section. agreed

02:49:297 (5) - missing a whistle or something woops

03:00:297 (3) - strongest sounds here are under repeat and slider end. fixed

regarding slider ends with stronger sounds than heads.
since you do this a lot, ofc it's clear that it's on purpose. i'm still suggesting against it because using the slider object "backwards" is a concept that i find rather contrary to how a song should be represented. i can't force you to change your concept, of course. if you disagree with me about this, it isn't a problem, as many people are not of the same opinion as me.

regarding angles and other stuff.
i'm not really a fan of using wide angles as much as you do. this is purely stylistic and not something i can mod. however, since i can't really agree with the object placement and use of cursor movement, i won't nominate this, but lasse is fine to rebubble.
Thx for modding ones again!

But I'm not using sliders "backwards". Let's take a look at the very first part of the song. from 00:13:297 - to 00:26:097 - . In this part, I'm trying to embrace the music and the melody by putting slider on those notes, which has held sound as earlier in a post. Since the melody isn't always on the white ticks, I have sliderheads on red ticks too. For example at 00:14:097 (5) - and 00:14:697 (7) - . Both notes embrace to melody's held sound imo well without being too odd to play.

I don't say it's impossible that I mapped in some point wrong. But for now I can't see where I'm doing it wrong. Would be nice if those note/places were pointed out and explained, as you did in the mod.
Nao Tomori
Well, I should have explained what I meant by "backwards" better.
When I looked at the map for the very first time, I saw a TON of sliders with stronger ends than heads. Examples of which are in my modding above. Normally, people don't do that kind of thing that often unless they really mean for it to happen. However, personally I am against that use of a slider (treating the release of a slider as a strong motion.) Therefore I pointed some out in my preliminary mod to see if it was, indeed, on purpose. When you changed them all, I realized either you were going to abandon that use (if it was on purpose) or that you had used them that way unintentionally. So I went and pointed out a whole bunch of other ones along with my statement about that use of sliders in the first place. I actually think the current use, post my mods, is fine.

In any case I do think the rhythm is fine now so yeah let me know what you want to do.
-Mo-
If I may throw my two cents in here too about possible improvements.

- 01:09:897 (5,6) - Wide angle here seems out of place since this is the only one for this first quarter of the kiai on the vocals.
- 01:20:497 (1,3) - I feel like this would look a lot neater if they were the same shape and slider 3 pointed towards the next circle better.
- 01:25:697 (2) - Placing this closer to 1 would emphasise the vocals after it better.
- 01:36:297 (6) - Putting the NC on the slider looks better to me.
- 01:38:297 (1,2,3) - Might as well even the spacing for the triple.
- 01:40:497 (5) - Using a circle seems inconsistent with how you used sliders for the synth sounds.
- 01:44:897 (2,3) - This is one place I feel would be better if the slider was on the white tick instead of the red.
- 01:51:497 - I would put the start of the slider on this tick to follow the held vocals.
- 01:55:397 (3) - More of a personal thing, but I feel this would be cool if you made this a circle and then mapped the red tick on 01:55:397 (3).
- 02:03:697 (3) - Missing whistle.
- 02:43:697 (1) - Might as well continue placing whistles since it sounds out of place to just have them in the middle of the calmer section.
- 02:56:397 (1) - Circles would work better for this in my opinion.
- 02:59:697 (1) - Missing whistle.
- 03:06:697 (3,4) - I feel like increasing the spacing of this would be better since the vocals are louder.
- 03:11:897 (2) - 03:12:297 (1) - Ctrl+G on each of these would be cool so there's the effect of all of the sliders going inwards.

The map looks better now though.
Topic Starter
Santtu

-Mo- wrote:

If I may throw my two cents in here too about possible improvements. I'd be more than glad.

- 01:09:897 (5,6) - Wide angle here seems out of place since this is the only one for this first quarter of the kiai on the vocals. tried to do something for it
- 01:20:497 (1,3) - I feel like this would look a lot neater if they were the same shape and slider 3 pointed towards the next circle better. I like it more that (3) is curved a bit. Ofc, there wouldn't be anything wrong with same shape in both objectives.
- 01:25:697 (2) - Placing this closer to 1 would emphasise the vocals after it better.
- 01:36:297 (6) - Putting the NC on the slider looks better to me.
- 01:38:297 (1,2,3) - Might as well even the spacing for the triple. woops
- 01:40:497 (5) - Using a circle seems inconsistent with how you used sliders for the synth sounds. y I noticed that just before continuing on this mod :P
- 01:44:897 (2,3) - This is one place I feel would be better if the slider was on the white tick instead of the red.
- 01:51:497 - I would put the start of the slider on this tick to follow the held vocals.
- 01:55:397 (3) - More of a personal thing, but I feel this would be cool if you made this a circle and then mapped the red tick on 01:55:397 (3). Hmm. To me it sound a bit off from the music. Current one works better.
- 02:03:697 (3) - Missing whistle. How do I always miss these things?????!?!? >_>
- 02:43:697 (1) - Might as well continue placing whistles since it sounds out of place to just have them in the middle of the calmer section.
- 02:56:397 (1) - Circles would work better for this in my opinion. To me, kick slider works better after really long held sound. Will keep this in mind if it gets more supporters.
- 02:59:697 (1) - Missing whistle. and again xD
- 03:06:697 (3,4) - I feel like increasing the spacing of this would be better since the vocals are louder.
- 03:11:897 (2) - 03:12:297 (1) - Ctrl+G on each of these would be cool so there's the effect of all of the sliders going inwards. Did something like that and changed a bit pattern for more symmetrical.

The map looks better now though.
Thx -mo-! I'm truely greatful! no comment/green text = changed/fixed
Nao Tomori
went over some more rhythm stuff and some ncing

ye
-Mo-
May be worth adding smsh150 to the tags since you have a ranked map under that name, plus this map was uploaded initially with that name.
Lasse
hard
01:54:897 (1) - snapping
should be 1/4 like all other repeats mapping the same sound

insane
01:07:597 (1,2) - random blue tick nc makes rhythm needlessly hard to read, yes spacing makes 1/4 gap clear, but nc makes people expect the downbeat to be on 01:07:597 - , move nc to 2
and you also do it "right" on spots like 02:41:997 (5,1) -
02:24:697 (4,5) - bit edgy and you never do anything similar so it feels really random, probably just stack 02:25:297 (5) - on 4 tail instead?
02:56:397 (1) - rip fitting rhythm, tail is so much stronger. a 1/4 double would make much more sense than utilizing this type of blue tick 1/4 slider once (also nc it like suggested above), like http://lasse.s-ul.eu/bXF4cziw.jpg maybe
03:01:197 (1,2) - blue tick nc thing again // 03:09:197 (1) -

if I missed any of these blue tick things, you might want to fix them too. they just hurt readability for no reason and aren't even utilized consistently
idk why they didn't tilt me some weeks ago lol

should be all, call me back so I can bubble this for the third time
Topic Starter
Santtu
Fixed all of those and added few tags. thx!
Lasse
b
-Mo-
I guess if you added Morinaga Mayumi to tags then you should also add 森永真由美.
Topic Starter
Santtu

-Mo- wrote:

I guess if you added Morinaga Mayumi to tags then you should also add 森永真由美.
Yea why not, will be added in qualify.
Nao Tomori
speedrank
-Mo-
Congrats
Satellite
Congrats!!!
Topic Starter
Santtu

Satellite wrote:

Congrats!!!

-Mo- wrote:

Congrats
ty ty
Modem
Congraaats />w</
riffy
Is it just me or does the soft-hitwhistle.wav has some kind of noise/distortion/cut-offs? Probably some of it comes from the beginning of the wav file.