forum

Multiplayer "free play"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8,260
show more
-[S]ikariio]-
well.... Nice idea :x :x
Akutan
I would really like to have that on multi :)
Etsu
I like your idea +1
pompytt
I like this idea! +1
WWWWWWWVWWWWWWW
yes pls, this would make it much more enjoyable playing with a group with varying skill levels
Underforest
^ your username bugged this page and Feature Request listing forum, great job!

I like this idea and it maybe will be nice to implement, support!
Narkeo
Any updates on this being added or not?
Arnaud
why isnt this in the game yet
EL-S
this please
Muffle
This sounds great! :)
Osten
maybe a bit late but 6411 priority lol XD
Edgar_Figaro

Osten112 wrote:

maybe a bit late but 6411 priority lol XD
Even if it gets 100000 Priority there is no guarantee it is ever going to get added. Think of this as a petition to Peppy to add a feature to the game. Whether he decides to add it or not is his choice. The star priority just lets him know how many people think it's a good idea.
Charre
and even if the answer is no, he isn't gonna at least say so? how nice...
WavePoint
Why Not? I have friends that are just starting and I need to play with them fair.
Tanomoshii Nekojou
*read every single comments*
Oh my goodness... Please just add this feature.. :o :o

Edit: btw, can please someone add an edit on the very 1st post about the most updated and helpful suggestions from this thread? (if possible, thanks! :D )
Do The Flop
4 years later, still not added even if Peppy agreed to the idea D: oh rip, even if it's a good idea :(
- Fail
4 years later: nothing happened
Syntthetix
Being able to let people choose their own difficulties in a multiplayer match would be really awesome, let's hope it actually gets added at some point.
Aery
o snap this could allow mapsets to have different parts/instruments of songs mapped to be played in teams to be a more flexible version of tag co-op.

i can imagine watching team matches in tournament with this already

watching a whole team play would be so cool

actual scoring (if this is actually implemented for matches) and seeing the difficulty selection of each player would need to be handled
Dempsey
this would honestly be great for all players no matter the rank +1
animexamera
not all diffs of a mapset are neccesarilly the same length
nerfs
It can be allowed for players who are already done to spectate someone else who is still playing. (After a short delay, if the game notices that you're idle because the part of the song that is playing isn't in the diff you chose, it'll let you choose someone else who is playing to spectate)
It can still work, even for songs like Ata - Euphoria
Maoman
Playing with a friend who just started out... find this 5 year old idea with tons of support... still not implemented...

Come the fuck on.
[-Akira-]
Dysfonction
Would really make it easier to play with friends of different level !
Hope the feature will come someday
iloveyou4ever
Please don't reply with "support"
sisig
With the implementation of ScoreV2, this would be a great idea if not for the community having to abandon those lobbies with (N*-N*) and that just feels kinda sad. I suggest this should just be one of the options in the lobby where you pick how the lobby is played i.e (head to head, tag team , etc.)
high rolls

animexamera wrote:

not all diffs of a mapset are neccesarilly the same length

Yeah and there are also beatmap sets that use different mp3s for each beatmap. Even though that is unrankable it could still cause issues with synchronizing the players in a lobby.
5amgamer
This would be an amazing feature if you want to play with someone who just got the game
You can play like 5 star diff while your friend plays like 2 star maps
bnull
how is this not a feature after 7 year thread...
Death

bnull wrote:

You should check out lazer's timeshift multiplayer. It basically covers this request.
andreapietro001

bnull wrote:

Honestly I find this idea totally useless, I do not understand how it got so much support. You can't add certain things (For this reason too, it has not been added in the official version) in an already formed game that you should change the game's community. Not to mention the fact that the idea itself is simply horrendous and not feasible. If the song is easier as a result it will also be shorter than a insane, also it would no longer be a player vs player, but would become a single player in a chat room
Dialect
it depends. every diff has different cs, hp, ar, and od, and not to mention not every diff has the same drain time. it still seems useless tho
Boku No Rainbow

andreapietro001 wrote:

bnull wrote:

Honestly I find this idea totally useless, I do not understand how it got so much support. You can't add certain things (For this reason too, it has not been added in the official version) in an already formed game that you should change the game's community. Not to mention the fact that the idea itself is simply horrendous and not feasible. If the song is easier as a result it will also be shorter than a insane, also it would no longer be a player vs player, but would become a single player in a chat room
Not everyone goes to multi to be competitive, and if one song is shorter then the shorter song has to wait. Every diff will have the same mp3 length.
Lord-Sugar
Great idea!
-Abby-
Its a really good idea if ScoreV2 is enabled