May I take a look at this?
- first problem at hand I can see is the name of the last diff...
Now, I'm not sure you know the meaning of such word, but...
Idk how this can relate ever with "Harumachi Clover" (haru-machi should mean spring road and clover remains clover). Maybe it relates to the anime in some way, but seeing how vague this concept may be (any source of light can make an halation at this point) I believe it would be a weak reason if you ever use it as such
Not sure about this one though, i only think of this name after i get the feeling the song, and i do know the meaning of the word, just saying I believe you don't know its meaning judging by how you used it, but oh well... I might be the one not understanding I guess. It just feels random how a light effect is related to a plant in my head
That's why i didn't put a red on this one
- Idk if this was pointed out before, but the emphasis for this pattern: 00:01:341 (1,2,3) - is really weak, not to mention it doesn't seem to resemble anything in the song (it looks like the slider falls on the vocal, but the way these objects are distanced they seem to follow drums, so which is it???)
This obviously repeats a number of times, since this is like the core pattern of the song
The matter about this is emphasis: the way you make the cursor circle that way complete nullifies any sort of emphasis (the angle and the spacing is the same, so it's totally stagnating as a pattern imo)
I understand what you mean by weak emphasis on this pattern, but firstly, I am mapping to the vocals rhythmically, It doesn't give any feelings that i am mapping to the drum by how it's distanced and angled (before you talk about the slider, i make the slider land on a important vocal on purpose, as i wanted players to click play both the vocal and the drum, so i desire to use vocal as main rhythm and emphasize the clap). Secondly, 00:01:763 - , Which has clap on it, is slightly more energetic than 00:01:974 - which doesn't, So a weaker emphasis is enough here. Thirdly,Lasse's insane in lit's mapset does use the same concept, just the clickability on the object is quite different so it's safe to emphasize the claps. And Lastly, modders doesn't mention any problem here, and changing it will require a major remap on the entire diff, so i'll keep this to see does qats think this is really important to change, since you reported it.
1) you admit emphasis is weak but do nothing (and I noticed the slider on vocals already, as I told you)
2) Lasse's map is Lasse's map, I don't care what he did tbh. This is your map
Oh well, if you don't want me to talk about other mapsets, i am fine on that
3) I am supposedly a modder and I'm complaining about that right now
I never been complained about you reported this map, what i meant is to let QAT's to desire does this is an important issue through the map, and it's your right to report a map as a modder, but i also have the right to reject and explain some of the suggestions on your mod, this is my map, like you've mentioned
The clap on it can create a sort of emphasis, I agree, but in that case why isn't it spaced more then?
Is something like this really no good and not applicable at all?[/color]
Emphasis is weak, that's true, but the drum itself doesn't support a strong emphasis as the vocal here is also strong enough, so i did put a slider to ignore the next vocal to let the drum standout, without drum being overemphasized, which covers the vocal, as increasing the distance makes the emphasis too strong for me (this also replys to your first point)
- 00:13:172 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Maybe I'm being super picky (am not, actually), but why do they feel like random jumps to me? .-.
I mean... they don't seem to follow any rule, maybe 00:13:172 (1,2,1,2) - do have a rule, but if I consider also 00:14:017 (1,2) - I'm just ?.?
I know why you think it's kinda random, but it's a large dilemma when it comes to both aesthetics and playability in this pattern, i tried to stack or overlap 00:14:228 (2) - head with 00:13:805 (2) - , but then 09kami think the distance on 00:14:228 (2,1) - will be too large to play, especially it's an easier insane diff, so i desire to move slider 00:14:228 (2) - to the current position, since moving the stream will make an awkward overlap with 00:14:017 (1) - or 00:15:284 (3) - , so i think the current pattern is okay as it supports the aesthetic structure and playability at the same time I might move 00:14:228 (2) - so it can be more aligned to 00:13:594 (1,2) - just in case you still not convinced with the structure.
I can ensure you you can manage every aspect of mapping properly if you analyse a bit more how your patterns work.
It's a song about a "clover" so something like an attempt to mimic a flower like this?
The matter is about meaning and you didn't answer yet...
It depends what's your taste on other people's structure, moving on, i prefer the current pattern over your suggestion main for two points:
1. The pattern you suggested is very uncomfortable to play, While the first jump is fine, it feels it get forced to move the cursor on 00:13:594 (1,2) - , which imo it ignored playability even you mention that i can manage every aspect of mapping
2. Since this is a tiny part, the pattern isn't clear enough that players don't think i am trying to mimic a flower with this pattern
- 00:17:186 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2) - idk if you noticed for how long the player has to play the same angle, with the same spacing in the same direction (clock-wise). Imo this part feels rather plain.
IDK, But i have a major OCD when it comes to consistent ds and flow so it might be plain for you, and i really like how the ds making the aesthetics so i'll keep this, you can say it's a style choice, i guess. (At least there's a jump on a finish, lol)
why does that sound like a lame excuse, I wonder...
And it's not play, but boring and lacking expression of the song: if everything is mapped the same where are the song's characteristics going to appear in your map? Isn't the map a reflection of the song? You decide to ignore that?
If there's other people who don't like this kind of mapping style because those circular jumps last too long and the distance is too plain then i'll shut up.
Well, I mixed in some additional modding too, but I believe everything written up there would benefit this mapset right now.
Above all structure: don't put objects "just because" because it is noticeable (at least I do notice and complain about it) Idk, maybe not applied to my diff i guess, i tried to make the structure better from the once you taught me months agoyes, you tried and the result is that you used too much consistency this time, LOL
Using the same pattern over and over is detrimental for your song's expression so you'd better try to add some "good" variety This really depends on mapper does he wanted to add some varieties or not
On a completely different note that has nothing to do with the ranking process:
I believe that mapping an already mapped song automatically asks for a really nice and interesting way to map the same song again, because mapping it the same identical way as many others did before you is pretty pointless if you ask me. hmmmmm i disagree, I think the point of having many mapset of the same song is to let players play though varieties of mapping styles, as players won't play a mapper's style if they hatred it, so having a song mapped in a same way is fine when there's a major differences in style, when compared with other mapsetsmy point was that your map is not <that> different from other mapsets (in fact, the only one that stands out is Lasse's diff, the rest is practically identical to each other, or rather... generic)
I agree it is fine to offer more possibilities but your possibility doesn't look so much different... I'll gonna say the same as Monstrata's response
Everyone has their ideals tho... I guess
= my word
Nevertheless, I've got many people's opinions that they think those are only minor, personal points that doesn't worth a DQ so i'll stop here (Yesterday, Nao Tomori also said on modhelp that it will not cause DQ with this mod , too) , I don't wanna turn this into a big drama.
hmm, while i was checkin' on Halation diff again for the last time...
- i kinda agreed about the diff name from sergy's there. Halation seems rly weird and that doesn't even suit with its theme title of the song and its own name based on its anime and the character's part like that. just name it to Clover instead would be better though I didn't rejected though, but i'll let QAT to desire since i also need their opinions on my responce
- idk why u mentioned Lasse's in my mapset, but this is your own mapset, not even mine. that doesn't have any connection with my own mapset .-. Same response for sergio
- 00:13:172 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - y do i feel like these notes right here are kinda random to set, even it has its own emphasize from (1)'s. also, the flow there is kinda awkward from 00:13:805 (2,1,2,1) - . i can just go from 00:13:172 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - to https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7580809 ^, and your suggestion plays more awkwardly imo
- 00:07:890 (4) - 00:09:580 (4) - 00:11:270 (4) - pls, normal sampleset doesn't really suit so well based on its beat. it doesn't even have any there, but a guitar instead I am following the drums
- 00:26:481 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - rly? u rly missed a hitsound there? Listen carefully.... They're hitsounded
- 00:01:341 (1,2,3) - why does it feel like that these notes are lacking of emphasize...? Same response as sergio, also, I only wanted to emphasize 00:01:341 (1) - , which is a finish
- 00:12:960 (4,1) - u might want to give more spacing based on (1)'s loud emphasize The contrest difference in spacing on 00:12:749 (3,4) - and 00:13:172 (1,2) - is obvious imo, and making the spacing bigger plays weird imo
- 00:01:341 - 00:07:679 - and 00:14:862 - 00:20:566 - why do i feel like u somehow using a same rhythm all over there. it doesn't feel like really fun to play, but yeah. it keeps repeating over and over. i would just use 4 notes + 2 1/2 sliders or just do something by setting more notes all over to make it feel challenging to play and fun to play, rather than making it repeating all over, but to map it sth different from those 2 parts of the song I don't think having rhythm varities is very important that worth a DQ
- 00:00:284 (1,2,3) - i wouldn't recommended to have a small gap of jump here, so try to stack them instead, since it's just a vocal that has a weakest emphasize there Tru, but still not important enough for a DQ imo, so i'll see.
- also, missing hitsounds on some part like 00:24:791 (1) - 00:20:672 (5) - 00:22:362 (4) - 00:23:101 (1) - etc Really? The hitsound is obvious on some notes, and i am not adding whistles to some notes on this map
- 00:27:960 (3,4,5,6,1) - optional for u, but to make it a bit harder here, i'd go for this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7580931 Nah i really the aesthetics on this current one
ok now i should be serious here...
- 00:21:622 (1) - why is it so weird to have a slider reverse here? that end one has an emphasize beat there, and i totally not recommended sth like that to set. u could just add a note on 00:22:467 - instead .-. I like how the reverse arrow work as it is, 00:22:467 - isn't strong enough to clickable imo
- 00:25:425 (2) - slider reverse again? it's rly weird to set it like that since the song is about to end in the next few seconds. try this http://puu.sh/uLWmH/bb6ab4f0c1.jpg Hmmmm... You think it's weird though, not for me
pls pay attention to the hitsounds that u set on every diff that u did for a hitsound. i don't totally like the use of it and i could find like random hitsounds that aren't supposed to set that is not even present on its beat .-. Most of them you pointed out have obvious hitsounds i and don't think i missed something else
What the hell am i doing... .-.