forum

[duplicate] New Mode: Incremental-Survival

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
alreadydead
Survival? Incremental? Marathon? Progression? Scaling? Not sure what to call it, but as I've been going through all my beatmaps, I keep wanting this more and more.

What this would do, is start off by picking a very low-difficulty song at random. (Probably sub-1 difficulty.) Based on how well you do, the game picks another song of a higher difficulty. If you did poorly, the next song that gets picked is one that's only harder by a little bit (maybe 0.2 difficulty), but if you did really well, maybe it could be increased by as much as 0.6-0.8? (Not sure about those exact numbers, obviously..) Anyways, the idea is that the better you do, the faster it picks up. The difficulty is always going up, though. Never down. The game continues like that until you die.

However, to make things a little more interesting, once you get a decent ways in, songs have a random chance to have a mod active. Maybe the next song you get has Hidden, or Hard Rock? Or maybe even Double Time? And once you get really far in, you might have two or three mods active at once. (Maybe prevent Flashlight+Hidden though.)

The idea of this mode is to see how many songs you can get through in a row. Now, I'm not sure whether or not they come all at once, or if you get breaks inbetween each song.. I'd aim for the latter, since it could be confusing to suddenly have your Approach Rate change without any warning. Maybe after you beat a song, a screen comes up telling you the BPM, CS, AR, etc.. of the next song, then you click to start when you're ready. No backing out to the menu though.. You've gotta stick with what you're given till you lose.

Not sure how hard all this would be to implement, but seeing as how it's using pre-existing elements, I think this would be feasible, maybe..?
Taro Sykes
this is like a challenge or nonstop mode on DDR. but i could see how this works. you choose the difficulty to start on, then it picks random maps around that difficulty. Maybe something to do with the rank? like ss is +0.7, s= +0.5 and so on and when you died it would give you a final total score, accuracy and other stuff like that. would be useful for streamers though because no time messing around in menus and stuff like that. imagine this in a multi lobby as well. definitely feasible. plus, it's an efficient way to gain skill and would help new players finding out where to start! definitely starring this.
Taro Sykes
the mod usage might just be stuff to turn on before a marathon though. dunno about randomly picking mods though, that wouldn't work too well.
Sandy Hoey
Duplicate (or very similar): t/2902

Qrunch: dont double post. Just edit your previous post
Taro Sykes
i want my stars back.
Nathanael
Sadly we cannot transfer or return your stars back.