forum

Multiplayer Team Vs. Team balance.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +59
Topic Starter
Okini
Team Vs games right now are rarely balanced. Its really hard to find balanced compositions and make players change team in order to achieve them.
Best solution i could think of is to have a "Most optimal team balance" box which when ticked would assemble teams based aveage rank/pp amount.
johnmedina999
I like this idea, but here's my suggestion:
For this, team vs would have to be unranked, like tag team. The team with the least amount of players would get a score multiplayer to have the same max score as the other team; for example, in a 1v4 match, the team with 1 player would get a 4x score multiplayer to make the scores even. If it's 3v4, the team with 3 would get a 1.33x score multiplayer, and so on. That way, the playing field would be a bit more even.

Or, you know, you could set the win condition to accuracy, that is already more fair.
Topic Starter
Okini

johnmedina999 wrote:

I like this idea, but here's my suggestion:
For this, team vs would have to be unranked, like tag team. The team with the least amount of players would get a score multiplayer to have the same max score as the other team; for example, in a 1v4 match, the team with 1 player would get a 4x score multiplayer to make the scores even. If it's 3v4, the team with 3 would get a 1.33x score multiplayer, and so on. That way, the playing field would be a bit more even.

Or, you know, you could set the win condition to accuracy, that is already more fair.
+1
_Meep_
If there was even a way to 'calculate' someone's skill in this game, this would have worked.
But nope,sadly there isn'f
7ambda

_Meep_ wrote:

If there was even a way to 'calculate' someone's skill in this game, this would have worked.
But nope,sadly there isn'f
Assign by ranking.

easy
_Meep_
Like ranking can tell how fast your stream how much you can jump what bpm you can play what ar you can play what CS you're accustomed to what mods fit you the best etc etc etc
it can never do those,thats why this is impossible.
7ambda

_Meep_ wrote:

thats why this is impossible.

Literally the sensical solution. Now why are you trying to make this more complicated than need be?
_Meep_

F1r3tar wrote:

_Meep_ wrote:

Literally the sensical solution. Now why are you trying to make this more complicated than need be?
We're going to bump into this problem at an earlier stage or later stage nonetheless lol
FiddleBlue

F1r3tar wrote:

_Meep_ wrote:

Literally the sensical solution. Now, why are you trying to make this more complicated than need be?
The problem is that a balancing on ranking isn't a great idea. Higher rank doesn't mean that player is better than the one below. Some players don't really care about ranks and they can beat a higher rank player. It'll be completely unbalanced, which the opposite of what this thread trying to achieve. Not all players are the same. Some can play high bpm, better reading, better streaming, etc.

Nonetheless, making team vs team balance feels almost quite impossible. lol