forum

[Archived] Weird microstutter on every fps setting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Aimer-
I reinstalled my windows a few weeks back. Before that I was able to play completely smoothly, but now I get these weird stutters, and no matter what fps I set it feels weird and maps feel unplayable. One thing I noticed is that on unlimited(gameplay) it shows 60hz instead of fps now, and I get like 15ms and it feels very stuttery on it, and on 240 fps my fps won't stay stably there whereas before it was stable 240 always.

Not sure if I can make a video of it but I'll try.

Nvidia settings~

System is i7-6700hq gtx 1060 16gb ram and game is installed on a hard drive, not sure ssd would help with this issue but haven't tried yet and it was on hdd before too. Also, I only see around 20% cpu and gpu usage when the game is running.

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Kaitsu
Are you on Windows 10 playing windowed by any chance? I'm guessing you were using Windows 8.something and now you are on W10, maybe? It forces v-sync on every windowed program which causes problems of this type to happen. And there's no way to disable this then playing fullscreen. :/
Topic Starter
-Aimer-
Thanks for the input! I was on windows 10, played on fullscreen. I'm on win 10 again and fullscreen, that's why I'm surprised about the change in performance. Nothing has changed about my pc other than the fact that I reinstalled win 10.

Edit: OK quick update, I tried windowed mode instead of fullscreen, I reach much higher fps and get 2 ms, game feels more fluid also, BUT the input lag is horrible. What can I do?

As you can see here borderless gives better results (but has shitty input lag which makes it also unplayable)

Edit 2: Okay, so far setting it to compatibility mode and editing the config framerate cap to 1000 fps seems to have smoothed things out. I'll report on how gameplay goes soon.