forum

[invalid] New Ranking System!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
techorb797
I think there should be a new ranking system in place because the current pp system is not very good and it doesn't show if u are really better than someone.
The new system should include, turning the current multiplayer system into a private match for friends, then add a match making system where 2+ players will vote on a random select of songs to play. The match making system will force players to play harder and harder maps if they want to rankup because alot of high rank players don't play very hard maps now a days :|
Well if u have any changes to my idea or confusion plz comment and thanks for reading
If u want quick contact to me message me on Twitter @Techorb797
o x
What you suggested barely even touches on the ranking system at all. You offered some ideas for multiplayer and that's it.

techorb797 wrote:

turning the current multiplayer system into a private match for friends
This would eliminate the point in having a #lobby channel or having multi at all pretty much. If you want a private match with your friends just create a room with a password. Only those you invite and those with the password will be allowed to join.

techorb797 wrote:

add a match making system where 2+ players will vote on a random select of songs to play.
This will be nearly impossible with all the maps in osu! also each player would need the maps for them to even be voted for, also if you haven't played the maps before how will you know which one you want to play? Instead why not just pass host for people to pick the songs they want like everyone else already does

techorb797 wrote:

The match making system will force players to play harder and harder maps if they want to rankup
You saying these things only apply in multiplayer and osu! isn't only a multiplayer game. Players will play what maps they want in Solo and this only applies in multiplayer as I've said. Everyone plays for their own reason and implementing this is like forcing people to play maps they might not want to play and there is no fun in that.

For what I stated about each point is why I am against this request at all.
Edgar_Figaro
Yeah I agree with Cawub. This entire new ranking system proposal almost seems like it's trying to force ranking in direct competition instead of indirect competition. I think the indirect competition works perfectly for Osu as it's a game about trying to get the best scores you can and improving your personal skill and not about ranking up because you played better on a song picked in a multiplayer lobby.

If you want a direct competition type system just wait until leagues are added to the game with the whole team vs team ladder system thing for OsuNext
_Meep_
There are no 'accurate' ranking systems in any game. People have varying playstyles and there isnt a specific 'order' as to which playstyle is better thsn the other. Some use tablets/ mice, while some use touchscreen or even Wii Us. With varying playstyles,of course its impossible to measure someone's skill.
Games like csgo have ranks like silver nova mg eagle, even those are shit because I can be better than any LE that has been boosted or only has been playing P90
Seijiro
Invalid.

Feature Requests are meant to be suggestions you make, not ideas you throw to the public and then wait for someone to come up with stuff.
As far as I can tell your idea simply encompasses multiplayer, with complete disregard to other aspects like single player, overall ranking, etc.

On a more personal note: I don't like the matchmaking idea at all. It feels like something out of League of Legends.
Pachiru

MrSergio wrote:

Invalid.
I don't like the matchmaking idea at all. It feels like something out of League of Legends.
I agree with MrSergio's comment.