forum

[Archived] Osu tablet 2016 cursor freezing when pressing pens buttons

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mike Hunt
So i have this problem with osu tablet's pen, everytime i accidently press buttons on pen my cursor freeze's ingame. So how i can get rid of this problem? I have already disabled buttons from huion's driver software thing.
Xangelix
I have exactly the same problem. I would also love to have a solution to it as well, but I don't. :/
Sandy Hoey
Does disabling mouse buttons in game (f10) do anything for you?
Xangelix

Sandy Hoey wrote:

First off, thanks for your help, but this is not a problem with osu! (At least in my case)
Here's a gif of problem:
All I am doing in the gif is pressing the button on the side of the pen, it is for sure not my shaky hand.
Pressing it seems to cause the cursor to glitch very quickly in different directions
I'm on the Huion 420, using a separately bought wireless pen for it.
Sandy Hoey
What pen is it? Do you still have the original pen and does using that one give you any problems?
Xangelix

Sandy Hoey wrote:

What pen is it? Do you still have the original pen and does using that one give you any problems?

Tomorrow I will be back home and will see if I can find the original pen.
It honestly doesn't bother me much as I rarely accidently press the button, the person who started this thread though might have a worse similar problem or something entirely different.
Instead of moving rapidly in osu! it seems to "stick" in place while the button is being pressed in my case.
Topic Starter
Mike Hunt

Sandy Hoey wrote:

i have already disabled buttons ingame and inside huion's driver software thing
Goldknightx
..Sorry if this is bumping an old thread but I had the same exact issue and I've come up with an easy fix. Let me first note I have this same exact pen and its a lovely pen except for this soul-draining, glaring issue of accidentally hitting the annoying buttons over and over and over and... ok, so I had the crazy idea of surgically removing the buttons via my house keys (yes both buttons come off at once, they are attached to each other). All I had to do was use a key with a nice 'u' shaped section and get some leverage with the 'teeth' and voila!

Also, if you need to put the buttons back in for whatever reason like if you're a graphical artist I'll mention I did not damage the buttons when I did this, it merely just came out of its sockets, so you could just pop it back in! Hopefully this works for you, if it doesn't I could try seeing if something else works, and yes I really found no other way around just removing them, and I searched high and low on the internet.