forum

Over 8000 play count and still stuck at 1500 pp, plz help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vigoss_plz_ad
I play 4k mania for eight months, with set key A S L ; ,use middle and pointer fingers.
I can pass A 93% at 3 stars-beatmap and pass B 87% at 4 stars-beatmap, my friend told me that it was too slow to reach this rank and Iwas doing it by a wrong way.
So I need your help!
I can play "jump" and "zig-zac" well, that was I think, at this beat map http://puu.sh/sPjS4/a449452be8.osz full "jump" at 4 stars and I passed S 95%.
But it's really hard for me to read stream, like G-Symphonycore: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/153460; I passed B 80%, it's so terrible.
My "jumptrill", "stair" or "jack" reading are simple.
Offset: 0ms
I'm using Ultimate O2Jam skin, in hitposition I set 400;
Lately, I realized that I was "chasing" the rhythm of beatmap instead of playing by it.
That's all, thank for reading!! Plz leave a comment or somthing that you think it can help me.
Yellyfish
I think you are using the wrong resources so you aren't improving as fast as others are. That being said you should keep playing maps that you can comfortably get a low S, and start raising the difficulty slowly (very slowly) from there. Getting B scores on maps will lead you to mash rather than reading and hitting individual notes. You can also head to multiplayers and find players of the same level, try to beat them.

Most importantly, keep the passion of rhythm gaming burning and be patient! No one accelerates their skill overnight.
Topic Starter
vigoss_plz_ad

Yellyfish wrote:

I think you are using the wrong resources so you aren't improving as fast as others are. That being said you should keep playing maps that you can comfortably get a low S, and start raising the difficulty slowly (very slowly) from there. Getting B scores on maps will lead you to mash rather than reading and hitting individual notes. You can also head to multiplayers and find players of the same level, try to beat them.

Most importantly, keep the passion of rhythm gaming burning and be patient! No one accelerates their skill overnight.
How can you feel the rhythm? Sometime, I stuck in this question. Am I wrong in setting offset or anything else?
I try my best so many times in "stream" map but I got nothing...
Like G-symphonicore, I passed low B, it's 3 stars-map!!
nadavv
but how long do you play per day? you have to play 8 hours every day nonstop to get better until you sell your soul to peppy
Topic Starter
vigoss_plz_ad

nadavv wrote:

but how long do you play per day? you have to play 8 hours every day nonstop to get better until you sell your soul to peppy
I have 2 hours per day to play osu; 8 hours per day, hmmm, it's like that I try to beat jhlee0133 (lol!!!)...
[Gaia]_old
We have almost the same pp and playcount, and I don't feel like I'm not improving. You can't compare yourself to other players, people progress at different paces, the importat thing is for you to enjoy game (plz) and have a clear goal in mind, as well as beng dedicated. I started playing 4K 3* songs and I started kinda getting stuck there, getting 96%~ accuracy scores, when I usually get 98%. Instead of getting mad I took a break and started learning 7K, and it's been really fun so far. Maybe you can try doing the same thing, switch to another key or to even another gamemode.
dennischan
PP dosent matter much~
You can get yours at the nearest convenience store such as
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/347650 (4k)
or https://osu.ppy.sh/b/687323?m=3 (7k)

IF you cant get that pp, you can always HT for extra pp
Maybe you'll feel better with easy 3000 pp hue
Soul Evans
Actually, that's normal improvement if you can do 3 stars and can do that in 8 months, my suggestion is to kinda try and play maps that are uncomfortable as they are the ones that will help you improve.
lenpai
play stuff you can S as warmup and set goals on maps

examples:
aiming an S on a map you can 93
aiming 800k on a map you can get 750k

you get the idea. Try playing those maps at most 3 times a day non consecutively (playing other maps before trying to reach the goal for the 2nd/3rd try)

more stuff:
play various maps. At your skill level, playing a huge variety of maps is a must as you get to encounter various kinds of patterning.
Don't spam play a map (playing a map consecutively). Though it works on some people, it's better to avoid this approach to prevent mindblocking.

That's all.
Bobbias

Lenfried- wrote:

play stuff you can S as warmup and set goals on maps

examples:
aiming an S on a map you can 93
aiming 800k on a map you can get 750k

you get the idea. Try playing those maps at most 3 times a day non consecutively (playing other maps before trying to reach the goal for the 2nd/3rd try)

more stuff:
play various maps. At your skill level, playing a huge variety of maps is a must as you get to encounter various kinds of patterning.
Don't spam play a map (playing a map consecutively). Though it works on some people, it's better to avoid this approach to prevent mindblocking.

That's all.
Quoting for truth. Setting goals like that is extremely helpful, and so is making sure you play all kinds of different maps.
Ekumii Shieru
u said that u can get 93% in 3* and 87% in 4*....

Here's my suggestion and I can achieve #5000 with this...

If you want to improve your 3-4*, play some 5* map with HT (HalfTime Mod).....
After u play 2 or 3 5* maps, play your 3-4* maps again, and feel the improvement!!
Also u need more beatmap to train your self, you play at least 15 song everyday.....

If problem was not solved, change your skin....Skin can improve your play by 25-35%, only if you can use these skins wisely...

But u know? jhlee0133 use hitposition at 480, jakads in 467
I suggest u...play in 420....

===========================================
i'm not proficient in english, so i'm sorry if there's any wrong grammar and spelling :) •ᴥ•
tsusai
i also just play one year already, but let me help you

just play various map
in my case, i play all ranked map from 4k - 9k
you might also try loved map too, they are good
i play one hour each days - maximum 2 hours, your hand and eyes also need rest right?
the last thing, i play all difficulty map until it hit score 950k and considered it done
until then i play another map repeatedly sorted by last time the map downloaded

you don't need worry about how much your PP
because PP will come itself when you have better skill - because playing various maps -

hope it help
Veracion
Also, don't forget everyone got their own learning speed.
While I don't deny that it makes fun to farm and play for rank, I also think trying to do so constantly makes one depressed and unsatisfied with the game.
You shouldn't compare yourself to others, but be proud when you improve a score ^,^ cause that's what the game is about (at least in my opinion).