forum

[duplicate] Count rank with highest PP instead of highest score

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rooni
So you cant lose PP for from higher score with lower accuracy, because you can just choose not to finish the map if you realise fast enough it's going to lose pp.

Example:

Play a map, 1.2m score, 96% , gain 50 pp.
Play it again, 2m score, 90%, lose 18 pp.

Accuracy counts way too much for PP anyway.
Sandy Hoey
Duplicate: t/220119
Topic Starter
Rooni

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Duplicate: t/220119
I don't see how it's a duplicate. I don't want to see PP based rankings instead of score based rank.
I want beating an old rank score wise to not take any PP because it lowers your rank, which doesn't make sense.

EDIT:
Anyway, what the post proposes, which is PP based rankings, would do the same with losing PP, it'd lower your rank.
Also it suggest to use PP as a new way to rank maps because it's not as broken as ranking it based on score, but you can still lose PP for scoring higher with less accuracy, making PP still broken.
Sandy Hoey
My apologize, duplicate is not the right word. This post addresses your problem in a different way if I am reading it correctly. And if not, then I swear there is an exactly duplicate out there somewhere

Edit: Ah! This is where I remember seeing it. t/497604?hilit=highest+pp

MrSergio wrote:

Bara- wrote:
I think he want the top-pp play to be submitted, instead of the highest score wise, am I right?

I think so too and in this case it is already planned to happen with osu!next.
Marking as duplicate...
Topic Starter
Rooni
I think so too and in this case it is already planned to happen with osu!next.
Marking as duplicate...
Is it safe to assume I can leave this up? Since osu!next doesn't have a set release date and this could be implemented before that? (How low that chance might be anyway)
Sandy Hoey
If that request got marked as duplicate, there isn't much hope that it is going to happen before osu!next. But there isn't a way for you to take down the thread yourself, so just let it be
Seijiro
It's planned afaik, so I don't see why keeping this up tbh.
Topic Starter
Rooni

MrSergio wrote:

It's planned afaik, so I don't see why keeping this up tbh.
Is there a list of planned features anywhere?
Caput Mortuum
Topic Starter
Rooni

Eraser wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/408517
I'm looking under PP and others but I can't see this specific request.
Caput Mortuum
who knows. maybe it's outdated, or maybe it's denied but peppy is too lazy to announce it.
Topic Starter
Rooni
Can I request this to not be marked as duplicate then, or some clearer reason.
Seijiro
The request compendium linked above is not the list of planned features, so don't use that.
Unfortunately I don't think there is a public list of planned features you can look at. I can ensure you this one is planned tho, it was in one dev sum up on the blog iirc, just let me find it.

Whether I find that post or not, this thread is still a duplicate since there's an older request for the same feature.
Topic Starter
Rooni
Oh thanks, you don't really have to then. I trust your word.
Seijiro
Ok, I just remembered there was something in the changelog too
I can't screen, but on Jan 12, 2017 you can find "Allow multiple scores per map for all ranked maps (previously only loved). ..."
That's the starting point to implement this request I assume.

PS: the dev meeting from December (which was actually held in January, lol) says that the team plans on making the next OWC (osu world cup) on the new client, aka osu!next, so there actually is a date of some sort (hopefully)