forum

Always hit too early

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Extremity
I have a big problem whenever I play osu!mania (and stepmania), and it's that I hit really early. A lot of the time my notes are actually clustered very close together, but overlap pretty heavily with the green part of the error bar, which means that I'm hitting fairly precisely but always too early.
Changing my offset does absolutely nothing to fix the issue, and the only thing that really works at all is changing the scroll speed, which is bad because the speed I can hit correctly on is way over my comfortable reading speed. Right now I tend to use speeds 32-33, but I can actually properly read speeds 28-30. I can only play up to around 4.6 stars, though, so even these speeds might be a little high.
Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong and how I could fix it?
Evening

boh123321 wrote:

I have a big problem whenever I play osu!mania (and stepmania), and it's that I hit really early. A lot of the time my notes are actually clustered very close together, but overlap pretty heavily with the green part of the error bar, which means that I'm hitting fairly precisely but always too early.
Changing my offset does absolutely nothing to fix the issue, and the only thing that really works at all is changing the scroll speed, which is bad because the speed I can hit correctly on is way over my comfortable reading speed. Right now I tend to use speeds 32-33, but I can actually properly read speeds 28-30. I can only play up to around 4.6 stars, though, so even these speeds might be a little high.
Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong and how I could fix it?
did you try raising your hitposition in the skin.ini?

(raising the hitposition in game is lowering the value in the skin.ini)
eszefvsdf
God I have the same exact problem where my notes are clustered on the right green part. It was just last month for me when I tried logging in my account on a computer shop and when I got back, it has this wierd offsync notes (flass too early for actual song). Using the offset also doesn't help. Any other ideas because I dont use any skins for my osu

I can hit them just fine if I use the Hidden mod so that means the music is just fine but the visual effects just appears too early and it's really annoying trying to sync the beat without getting baited by what Im seeing
Full Tablet

eszefvsdf wrote:

God I have the same exact problem where my notes are clustered on the right green part. It was just last month for me when I tried logging in my account on a computer shop and when I got back, it has this wierd offsync notes (flass too early for actual song). Using the offset also doesn't help. Any other ideas because I dont use any skins for my osu

I can hit them just fine if I use the Hidden mod so that means the music is just fine but the visual effects just appears too early and it's really annoying trying to sync the beat without getting baited by what Im seeing
If they are clustered on the right green part, it means you are hitting too late. Try increasing the hitposition in your skin (increasing it's value in the skin.ini)
eszefvsdf
how do I modify skin.ini? its not in my osu

Edit: Okay I found the relevant topic and made a quick skin.ini jsut for modifiying hitposition. It's finally fixed thank you very much.
edit2: Hitposition now is 475, not sure how logging in a different pc (albeit with a much larger monitor) affected sync with game