forum

Erm What exactly is a "Modding Queue"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Syns_old_1
So I've visited the Modding Queue forum a couple times, and I think I understand the basics of it, "a place where people look for a mod/ or to mod a map" (I'd like to know about it more though). But there's a bunch of terminology that I don't understand (like NM, M4M) honestly I don't even know if I'm looking at English anymore :(

So basically if anyone can explain the most commonly used acronyms and explain a bit more of how a modding queue works then that would be gr8
(If there is a post on this on the wiki then kill me. I tried to look around a bit but didn't find one)
0ppai
I recommend you read this thread for commonly used acronyms. NM (Normal Mod) is just asking for a mod, M4M (Mod For Mod) is basically 2 users trading each other a mod

A modding queue is a thread where anyone can request a mod to the user who opened the thread. There are usually rules on the first post of the thread (like : "only M4M" or "no marathon maps"), so read it carefully.
You also need to look at the last message posted by the OP in the thread : to know if the queue is opened (the user is willing to take requests) or closed (he's not willing to take requests currently). Lots of people subscribe to the modding queues of their favourite modders, so they're notified when a message is posted (usually it's OP opening the queue).
You can open your own modding queue if you wish for a place where people can ask you for mods, instead of "hunting down" maps to mod
Topic Starter
Syns_old_1
Thanks for the response ^^