forum

Osu! for Virtualreality ??

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Samurai

Kitsunex wrote:

I guess we could be virtually running across a floor, and then we'd jump on circles that pop up on the floor

idk
Hilarious.
XDcobra11

Kitsunex wrote:

I guess we could be virtually running across a floor, and then we'd jump on circles that pop up on the floor
idk
That would be cool ^^
The Gambler
180 or 360 degree playfield... Imagine staring at your crotch and finding a hitcircle there xD

Jesus Christ the FL plays on this one will be ridiculuous
Yavi_old_1

The Gambler wrote:

180 or 360 degree playfield... Imagine staring at your crotch and finding a hitcircle there xD

Jesus Christ the FL plays on this one will be ridiculuous
hahaha :D
But i can imagine it would look pretty nice (and also for mania or so on) if you had a virtual skinnable "Playfild" - (like a own personal designed room) and have the screen/gamemode in front of you at 140-180 degree (like the current Ultra Wide Curved 21:9 screens)
> On top would be lamps/ LED decos or some other chosen Stuff
> And like Siimsucker saied:

siimsucker wrote:

One idea would be a spectator Room or so. I also think the game could an even greater experience. And the question is can you make a 3d creator? Maybe then later even dance with Accompanied or something in the direction.
~ to have some spectator dancing/jumping behind you, with his designed charakter

... would actually look pretty awesome

~ i have an overall idea how this actually could work... but still need to learn more Development Things :)
The Gambler
That or we're doing jumps with our necks instead...
LinsaFTW
I already tryed it and its crap , mouse performance decreases a lot.
Trinus VR + Google Cardboard + Osu! = Crap
Really , if you want to verify this is true , you can.
adrianzmtasa
Like this?
SPOILER

It's not possible
Multtari

Osu! isn't bad on Vive. Atleast on Virtual Desktop the main issue is the fact that the application mirrors the game into your headset meaning pretty high response time, +- that of a standard TV.

The size of the "monitor" you are playing on is fully adjustable and its definitely different to play on.
AGRX
osu mania could look nice with 3d effect tho...
Jesper
virtual reality on 2d xd
AGRX
its 2d game but if it will be projected on the floor you can still expand the circles and sliders upwards adding some depth. Like some 3d mod to texture.
VR can be dangerous even playing less intensive games than osu. (Watch some VR fails on youtube lol :D)
Microsoft Hololens might be better for this because you will actually see things around so you will not accidentaly crush your pet or kill yourself.
And since osu is getting opensource there is small chance someone might try to do this
AGRX

The Gambler wrote:

That or we're doing jumps with our necks instead...
try to play step mania with a neck :D
SubZ
Fantastic idea! The circles gravitate towards our face and we must headbutt them for a 300.

We'll look like chickens during a stream.
leny

XDcobra11 wrote:

At the moment, you can use some programms like Intugame VR or Trinus VR to create a "Fake 3D". With a VR Glass which support "side by side" you can stream a programm to your smartphone/Glasses. Thats the theory but i cant try it because my VR glass will arrive tomorrow. But I will share my experience with you :D

PS: When you dont want to spend for example 600$ you can buy a VR glass which you can use with your smartphone. (like the google Cardboard or sth.
identically.
i did it with my phone and a cardboard but the head tracking is bad (trinus 3d works with head tracking for mouse cursor)
JashanChittesh
If you have an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift + Touch controllers (you really need fast and high precision hand-tracking for this to work), you can play osu! beatmaps in our Virtual Reality rhythm game Holodance right now:

About a week ago, we have released a first implementation of osu! beatmaps support: Holodance V0.5.8 - osu Beatmap Gameplay. Sliders still need quite some work (depending on what kinds of sliders you have in the beatmap, they are sometimes fairly close, sometimes very off), and we will do a lot more polishing, because we need (and want) to. So far, we have only focused on the actual gameplay, so a lot of what osu! beatmaps offer isn't there, yet, and some things may not even make sense in VR.

But it seems people are already having some fun with it: Having a blast with Holodance OSU! Integration

In Holodance we have orbs approaching the player instead of circles, so it's definitely a different experience compared to the original game - also because you literally have to move your body (well, at least the arms ... but those you do move a lot ;-) ). So with this, your osu! beatmaps actually turn into rather intense fitness training ;-)

Feel free to also post feedback and ideas on our Steam Community Forum.
YawaH
why not use the 2 sticks?
BoringKeys
Maybe Just a floating canvas in a VR environment similar to BigScreen, but with certain elements transferred to 3D (i.e. the spark effects, floating hitobjects, floating H.U.D. and main menu or sunken background.
[ ^ vvvv ^ ]
iilwy
this just sounds like you'd break your neck; this is a terrible idea
Kasumi-sama
Sounds like a terrible idea.
A rythm game can't work with VR tbh.
Funktektronic
Audioshield is pretty fun on the Vive, but it's nowhere near as rhythm intensive.
casyi
Hey guys. There's actually a VR osu! implementation now in Holodance!
If you're interested watch me play Kuba Oms - My love beatmap on it.. It's not dangerous at all and actually a lot of fun!
*skip to 1:05 for the start of the beatmap*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDhabqWQReE