forum

AIBat v3.1 - v10 Compatibility

posted
Total Posts
show more
Garven
If you get back to this project, do you think you could add in checks for differences in the unicode sections as well? Seems AIBAT is missing differences in that field (we've also progressed two versions in .osu files, hehe)
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Garven wrote:

If you get back to this project, do you think you could add in checks for differences in the unicode sections as well? Seems AIBAT is missing differences in that field (we've also progressed two versions in .osu files, hehe)
Done. Anything else important in the new file versions?

blissfulyoshi wrote:

While modding today, a 1/12 snapped note was marked as a unsnapped note. Can anyone confirm this?

James2250 wrote:

Yep happens here, same for 1/16 too.
Seeing as the editor now officially always discourages 1/12 and 1/16 usage, I'm going to say this is a feature, not a bug ^_^.
Derekku

akrolsmir wrote:

Seeing as the editor now officially always discourages 1/12 and 1/16 usage, I'm going to say this is a feature, not a bug ^_^.
Yeah, 1/12 snap was requested so that maps using combinations of 1/4 and 1/3 notes wouldn't have problems when automatically resnapping the map. However, that leaves 1/12 ticks that don't follow 1/4 OR 1/3 notes, and thus shouldn't be used. Likewise, 1/16th ticks (that aren't already falling on 1/4 or 1/8) should never be used.
blissfulyoshi
akrolsmir: Are you accepting feature request?
I have 2 more features xD (I should probably fork the program...)

1. Give a warning when a difficulty does not have a video when other diffs have it (Besides taiko, all diffs usually use the same video, but sometimes one of the diffs is legitimately missing the video file it is supposed to have)
2. Add support for the 1366x768 background resolution.

Edit: (more features??? If nothing else, this is a checklist for myself)
3. Location of where 1/6 and 1/8 notes are in taiko diffs (1/6 don't look great and 1/8 and smaller are pretty much not accepted in taiko. Luckily, as a feature, 1/12 and 1/16 are regarded as unsnapped)
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
@yoshi:
1. Possible doable, though I'd have to implement a distinction for Taiko/CtB modes first... I should get around to that, shouldn't I >.>
2. Good idea.
3. Same as 1.

Also, it seems that woc2006 has been doing some good work on AIMod:

This seems to cover many of the important aspects of AIBat. Major props!
blissfulyoshi
Yeah, woc has been upgrading AIMod to what AIBat is now (he already has offscreen note check and stuff), so not sure what should happen here.....
Tshemmp
Is this really necessary? I can't find anything about this in the ranking criteria.
FrzR
What annoys me a bit is the ModTrace. The repetitive self refresh makes it hard to follow AIBat's mods for my beatmap. I drag down to see the mods on other diffs, it refreshes every time, resetting and goes back to the top. :|
ChipZ
why is it still in java? :cry:
Shohei Ohtani
RIP
Charles445
I've noticed an increasing number of maps with wrongly snapped objects (ones AIMod doesn't pick up on, usually 1/12 or 1/16) so I'm deciding to release the beat dumping version of AIBat that I use.

It will return the snap divisors of all objects in the map (if 1/12 or 1/16 don't work it reports it as 1/x).
This will allow you to find and investigate places with strange snapping.

The beat dumping works on all gamemodes so it should be helpful to any BATs that want to be extra careful about snapping.

You can get the runnable jar here. Put it in the same folder as your AIBat 3.1 so it uses the same settings file.

Please note that this is built off of AIBat 1.0 so it doesn't have the fancy features of 3.1. Because of that, this version should only really be used for finding beat information. Keep using 3.1 for everything else.

If you want to give it a test run, I recommend testing Hades in the Heaven as it has all gamemodes and strange snapping.
Bara-
Can somebody please explain how to use this?
I have no idea what to do :(
- Marco -
[notice]Audio Lead-In
There is only 386 ms of audio lead-in, which is less than the minimum of 2000 ms.

I don't get this D:
Vathlauss
Cool!
narakucrimson
When I run the program I get this:

Any idea what I should do?
Sakura
try having settings.txt in the same folder?
narakucrimson
Still get the same window that's behind in the picture I linked above.

Also:
Wangaroo
only work for windows?
makemecool123
useful
DW10
So what's the difference with this and the built-in AIMod?
Kopog
how to open it ????
kww_old_1
Who can reupload this thing on Google Disk or Mediafire? Puush automatically removes files if nobody visiting them