forum

Vibrance Player (aka. Edge Player)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
By the way, has anyone of you ever used the fullscreen feature? Vote here: https://goo.gl/2u9PWk (This poll will end on 08.12. at 1pm!)
The fullscreen will be removed if no one votes!
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: BETA 2.8.3.2 is out!
  1. Changed (Remote): Renamed "Search on youtube" to "Reverse Youtube search"
  2. Fixed: Fixed settings (most of the settings did nothing)
  3. Fixed: Reset settings is working again
  4. Fixed: The widget stays disabled now instead of reappearing after opening and closing the player
  5. Fixed: If an update was found and you pressed "Yes", nothing happened
  6. Re-enabled: Equalizer
  7. Re-enabled: SongInfo Dialog
  8. Re-enabled: Reverse youtube search
Also, Edge Player Remote 1.2 is out!
  1. Fixed: The app consumed a massive amount of RAM (for the more curious: RecyclerView)
  2. Re-enabled: Search bar (with the same features as in the player)
Btw: The next release contains a new theme! It was requested long ago, I am speaking of an osu theme:
patmethny1
I tried to make a playlist and add songs to it on 2.6.1 and 2.8.3, but it wouldn't let me add a song to the playlist. So, i tried to make a new playlist instead, but that didn't work too. Doed anyone know how to fix this problem?
Btw it would be better if searching in the search bar would also search for the artists..
Edit: I found out that rarely one song is successfully added, and probably it only works when i first start it for some reason. Maybe because of bad laptop????? (tech noob)
NewKey
No searching by beatmap tags :C ?
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

patmethny1 wrote:

I tried to make a playlist and add songs to it on 2.6.1 and 2.8.3, but it wouldn't let me add a song to the playlist. So, i tried to make a new playlist instead, but that didn't work too. Doed anyone know how to fix this problem?
Btw it would be better if searching in the search bar would also search for the artists..
Edit: I found out that rarely one song is successfully added, and probably it only works when i first start it for some reason. Maybe because of bad laptop????? (tech noob)
I will look into that problem and try to reproduce it.

NewKey wrote:

No searching by beatmap tags :C ?
As for now I am only adding smaller features to the player, while also re-enabling every other feature. Don't worry, searching by beatmap tags is on my todo list ;)
ptar124
alrighty! :D

A minor bug that causes Edge to crash. This happens the widget is closed by the user by some means without closing it through the main app (like alt-tab and close it from there). When the main app is clicked on and then clicked out off again, it crashes. I know this is no major bug as it's not what a normal person would do but it's always better to fix than don't :)

keep up the good work
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

ptar124 wrote:

alrighty! :D
A minor bug that causes Edge to crash. This happens the widget is closed by the user by some means without closing it through the main app (like alt-tab and close it from there). When the main app is clicked on and then clicked out off again, it crashes. I know this is no major bug as it's not what a normal person would do but it's always better to fix than don't :)
keep up the good work

Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix that :D
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
The next release of the Edge player is soon available! With this update comes searching by tags~
NewKey

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

The next release of the Edge player is soon available! With this update comes searching by tags~
Aahhhhhhh so amazing!
Xcrysdale
Truly one of the most versatile beatmap players around, glad to see you're continued support of this. Thanks and well done!
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Xcrysdale wrote:

Truly one of the most versatile beatmap players around, glad to see you're continued support of this. Thanks and well done!
Thank you very much, I always like to hear that :D

Btw, finally the app for the player is now on Google Play! It is an official app now :3 Here is the link:
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.0.0 is out!
  1. Added: osu! color theme!
  2. Added: Search by tags! (e.g. "tags: mitis hatsune")
  3. Changed: Songs which ere already synced before are now scanned for a new image or new tags
  4. Fixed: Fixed a possible bug where songs were added multiple times while syncing
  5. Re-enabled: Custom directories
  6. Re-enabled: Lyrics
  7. Re-enabled: Custom kaybinds
  8. Re-enabled: Sleeptimer
Also, Edge Player Remote is now on on Google Play!
See the post above or the thread message for the link.
Hikyn
App crash when trying to export all songs and select folder
Crash log:
http://pastebin.com/srcwTrV2
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.1.0 is out!
  1. Added: You can now choose whether the application synchronizes you songs at startup or not
  2. Changed: "Get the remote control app!" is now "Get it on Google Play" (graphic)
  3. Changed: The flyout height scales now with the window size
  4. Fixed: If you've added a directory or more to your sync, the button "Manage directories" wasn't updated
  5. Fixed: Saving your settings while having no additional directories added to the sync caused a crash
  6. Fixed: The "Get the remote control app!" link lead you to the wrong page
  7. Fixed: Trying to export all your songs caused the player to crash
BaraWolf
this program looks really nice

Keep up the good work
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.3 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: The visualizer now changes it's colors depending on the background image
  2. Changed (Remote): The remote control is now listening on every IP available
  3. Changed (Remote): IP address changes are now noticed by the application
  4. Fixed: If you tried to delete the "Drag&Drop" playlist, the application crashed
Also, Edge Player Remote 1.4 is out!
  1. Changed: You don't need to manually type in the IP of the player anymore, instead you can choose from a drop-down list
  2. Fixed: Fixed an issue where you were able to connect to a non-existing device
  3. Fixed: Fixed a potential bug where the app crashes when playback is stopped
WeebWoofWolf
Yo!

My edge player told me I was able to upadte it ( to 2.3.0).
When I updated it I got an error, it couldn't be installed because the files already existed.

Initializing...Done!
Downloading file(s)...Done!
Installing updates...
Can't update! Exception: Kan geen bestand maken dat al bestaat.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The exception has beend copied to your clipboard. Please submit this error to the publisher on the website! t/231747&start=0

I have tried downloading the latest installer (at the time 2.9.3) , using the update fuction did not solve the issue.

Now I've removed edge player and installed version 2.9.3
But, everytime on startup I get notified of being able to update to 2.9.30
Installing the update results in the same error pasted above.

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, I simply don't seem to get rid of the update messages.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

WeebWoofWolf wrote:

Yo!

My edge player told me I was able to upadte it ( to 2.3.0).
When I updated it I got an error, it couldn't be installed because the files already existed.

Initializing...Done!
Downloading file(s)...Done!
Installing updates...
Can't update! Exception: Kan geen bestand maken dat al bestaat.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The exception has beend copied to your clipboard. Please submit this error to the publisher on the website! t/231747&start=0

I have tried downloading the latest installer (at the time 2.9.3) , using the update fuction did not solve the issue.

Now I've removed edge player and installed version 2.9.3
But, everytime on startup I get notified of being able to update to 2.9.30
Installing the update results in the same error pasted above.

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, I simply don't seem to get rid of the update messages.
I've already noticed this bug and fixed it, but there were some other features that must've been completed. The next update will come in a few days, just ignore this message for now ;)
XinCrin
You are using wpf right?
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

XinCrin wrote:

You are using wpf right?
Yes ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.4 is out!
  1. Changed (Updater): New design
  2. Fixed: The application thought an update is ready although you already have the newest version
  3. Fixed (Updater): An exception was thrown while installing updates
Ringosham
The app crashes when a tablet is plugged in.
Edge Player has stopped working! The following exception occured:
System.ArgumentException: StylusPointDescription cannot contain duplicate StylusPointPropertyInfos.
Parameter name: stylusPointPropertyInfos
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointDescription..ctor(IEnumerable`1 stylusPointPropertyInfos)
at System.Windows.Input.TabletDeviceBase.get_StylusPointDescription()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice.UpdateSizeDeltas()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice..ctor(PointerTabletDeviceInfo deviceInfo)
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceCollection.Refresh()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.InvalidateTabletDevices(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.SystemThemeFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

System specifications:
Player version: 2.9.4.0

Installed .NET Framework versions:
.NET Framework Version: v2.0.50727 2.0.50727.4927 SP2
.NET Framework Version: v3.0 3.0.30729.4926 SP2
.NET Framework Version: v3.5 3.5.30729.4926 SP1
.NET Framework Version: v4
Client 4.6.02012
Full 4.6.02012
.NET Framework Version: v4.0
Client 4.0.0.0
.NET Framework Version: 4.6.2 or later
Crymore13
To be perfect for me(first time using):

-Add option to favorite in widget
-Export songs from playlist to a folder

Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

The app crashes when a tablet is plugged in.
Edge Player has stopped working! The following exception occured:
System.ArgumentException: StylusPointDescription cannot contain duplicate StylusPointPropertyInfos.
Parameter name: stylusPointPropertyInfos
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointDescription..ctor(IEnumerable`1 stylusPointPropertyInfos)
at System.Windows.Input.TabletDeviceBase.get_StylusPointDescription()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice.UpdateSizeDeltas()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice..ctor(PointerTabletDeviceInfo deviceInfo)
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceCollection.Refresh()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.InvalidateTabletDevices(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.SystemThemeFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

System specifications:
Player version: 2.9.4.0

Installed .NET Framework versions:
.NET Framework Version: v2.0.50727 2.0.50727.4927 SP2
.NET Framework Version: v3.0 3.0.30729.4926 SP2
.NET Framework Version: v3.5 3.5.30729.4926 SP1
.NET Framework Version: v4
Client 4.6.02012
Full 4.6.02012
.NET Framework Version: v4.0
Client 4.0.0.0
.NET Framework Version: 4.6.2 or later
Hmm if I use the Player while a tablet is plugged in it doesn't crash. What tablet are you using and when exactly does the application crash?

Crymore13 wrote:

To be perfect for me(first time using):

-Add option to favorite in widget
-Export songs from playlist to a folder

I'll include that in the next update, thank you for your suggestion!
Ringosham
I'm using a Huion 420. Same model as the osu tablet.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

And when exactly does the application crash?
Ringosham

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

Ringosham wrote:

And when exactly does the application crash?
1. Crashes immediately when a tablet is plugged in while the player is running. Doesn't matter if it's playing anything or not.
2. Crashes upon any input(Clicking on buttons, even the minimize and close are not safe) if a tablet is already plugged before the launching the player.
I'm starting to wonder if this is not the application's problem, but Windows' acting up on me.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

1. Crashes immediately when a tablet is plugged in while the player is running. Doesn't matter if it's playing anything or not.
2. Crashes upon any input(Clicking on buttons, even the minimize and close are not safe) if a tablet is already plugged before the launching the player.
I'm starting to wonder if this is not the application's problem, but Windows' acting up on me.
Just tried to crash the player with my tablet (Bamboo Pen CTL-470), but everything works. Did you try to install .NET Framework 4.5 or reinstalling/updating your tablet drivers?
Ringosham
I tried all of them and it doesn't work, including downgrading the driver. However, I found that this is either the driver or a Windows issue. Because it happened on all WPF applications. (I can't use Visual Studio while plugging a tablet. Thanks Microsoft)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: Fullscreen is back!
  2. Added: Keybinds for volume up and volume down
  3. Added: Added a "Create playlist" button in "Playlists" tab
  4. Added: Beatmap videos are now played!
  5. Added: You are now able to export all songs in a playlist
  6. Changed: Small adjustments to some controls
  7. Changed: Redesigned React Pad (more features for React Pad coming soon!)
  8. Changed: Redesigned Lyrics Creator
  9. Fixed: Configuration files were saved wrong
  10. Fixed: A crash occured if the last song in the list was played and random was off
  11. Fixed: Switching between React Pad and any other visualization caused a weird bug
  12. Fixed: Fixed a potential bug where a new database didn't save tags
  13. Fixed: Widget settings weren't loaded correctly
Also, check out my new Patreon page: Click me!

Ringosham wrote:

I tried all of them and it doesn't work, including downgrading the driver. However, I found that this is either the driver or a Windows issue. Because it happened on all WPF applications. (I can't use Visual Studio while plugging a tablet. Thanks Microsoft)
That's very unfortunate to hear, maybe I'll find a way to disable the tablet in the application in the future ;)
Ringosham
Here's a minor bug. The mute button stays at muted state after unmuting. Both in the widget and the player
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

Here's a minor bug. The mute button stays at muted state after unmuting. Both in the widget and the player
Will be fixed with the next update!
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.1 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: Adjust volume for each song separately (Settings -> Enable "Adjust volume for each song")
  2. Added: New log file called "synclog.txt"
  3. Added: Audio has now a fade-in and -out whether you play/pause playback
  4. Added: A splashscreen is shown at startup
  5. Changed: Made some small changes to synchronization
  6. Fixed: The mute button showed the mute symbol even after you unmuted playback
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.3 is out!
  1. Added: You can now disable video playback
  2. Changed: Resized the splashscreen
  3. Changed: Minor changes to the interface
  4. Changed: The player remembers now your last selected visualization
  5. Changed: Changed appearance of ReactPad
  6. Fixed: Switching between ReactPad and other visualizations didn't work quite right
  7. Fixed: Sometimes the video of a beatmap wasn't in sync with audio (and other bugfixes regarding video playback)
  8. Fixed: In rare cases synchronisation stopped at certain beatmaps because of an uncaught error
-[H i K a R i]-
Hello how are you? ^^
Have chance to scrobble songs to Last.fm? Please say yes. ;-;
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

-[H i K a R i]- wrote:

Hello how are you? ^^
Have chance to scrobble songs to Last.fm? Please say yes. ;-;
I'll try to implement this in future versions of the player if it is possible ;)
Wafa_old
Hi, I want to report a bug :)
This app player is very nice, but the video will not be played if the video format is not .avi (.flv or others aren't supported) , and sometimes the video syncing is error too
Also when re-syncing songs, the song list will be duplicated

Thank you :) I hope this can be fixed soon
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Wafa wrote:

Hi, I want to report a bug :)
This app player is very nice, but the video will not be played if the video format is not .avi (.flv or others aren't supported) , and sometimes the video syncing is error too
Also when re-syncing songs, the song list will be duplicated

Thank you :) I hope this can be fixed soon
Unfortunately the video bug is caused by WPF itself (the WPF MediaElement which displays videos seems to use codecs from Windows Media Player).
But I'll investigate the resync bug, thank you for reporting :)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.4 is out!
  1. Added: Hovering over a song while no music is playing plays a preview
  2. Added: Multilanguage support! Currently supported: English, German and Spanish (thanks to Xoas who helped translating)
  3. Changed: Searching by artist, tags or favorite state is now easier than before (use the filter button to the right of the search bar)
  4. Changed: Improved beatmap detection and synchronization
  5. Changed: Redesigned Visualizer Studio
  6. Changed: ReactPad size is now configurable
  7. Fixed: Sometimes songs were added multiple times although they were already synced
  8. Fixed: Fixed a critical bug where adding songs to a playlist didn't work right
  9. Fixed: The option "Edit playlist" didn't work
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.5 is out!
  1. Added: Added Slovak and Chinese (Traditional) translations! (thanks to Terrdus and Ringosham!)
  2. Changed: Better detection of multiple songs in one beatmap
  3. Changed: Even faster sync!
  4. Fixed: The text in the remote log was out of sight if too long
  5. Fixed: The patron flyout title in the about window was too long in German and Spanish
  6. Fixed: The "Keybinds" tab was not translated in Spanish
  7. Fixed: Tab items and disabled buttons were almost invisible in Spring theme
  8. Fixed: Exporting songs crashed the player sometimes
Also, Edge Player Remote 1.5 is out!
  1. Added: You are now able to manually type in the IP address (use the icon to the right of the IP selection)
  2. Added: If you are connected to a device, a notification with the most important controls appears in your notification center
  3. Fixed: The automatic detection for the IP address should work better now
show more