forum

osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Deimos
How can a Template and a Category have the name? Template:Stub/RU != Category:Stub/RU
to add a template you would have to use {{Stub/RU}} and for catogories [[Category:Stub/RU]]
Nathanael
I edited the other languages template, adding an option to show the other languages of a different article.

[Template] Other Languages: Template:OL
To use the default article, just simply type the code below.
{{OL}}

If you want to use a custom article, type the code below.
{{OL|<custom article>}}
Let's say that someone added {{OL|Rules}} on another wiki article.
The other languages of the rules article will be displayed instead of the current article.

This should fix the issue of using the template on language articles, looking for page named "XX:XX:Article"
Editors will just have to manually add the custom page to the template.
TicClick
For everyone else wanting to try Mediawiker for Sublime Text but seeing an empty tab
Open C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Mediawiker\mwclient\client.py, locate login function and replace
            kwargs = {
'lgname': self.credentials[0],
'lgpassword': self.credentials[1]
}

with

kwargs = {
'lgname': self.credentials[0],
'lgpassword': self.credentials[1],
'wpName': self.credentials[0],
'wpPassword': self.credentials[1]
}

(tested under Sublime Text 3, but I guess it should also work for 2)
Why?
Because Mediawiki engine installed on osu! server has Auth_phpBB extension hook, which forces everyone to authenticate against the forum database. wpName and wpPassword are form fields on [[Special:UserLogin]] page used for said authentication.

You could even omit lgname and lgpassword and still login successfully, given that you know another elegant and non-API way to get a login token (there probably isn't).
Deimos
Yo.

I have modified the members templates (QAT, GMT, BNG, STR, Language Moderators) a bit, so they now can be used on language-specific pages + translation. So, language-specific member templates are no longer needed and when the teams get changed you will only have to update "one" template instead of xy (like ZH, ID and DE).

GMT template
{{Global_Moderation_Team/Members
|Click here to edit this table template=
|Names=
|Languages=
|Area of focus=
|Forum moderation=
|Chat moderation=
|Development=
|Technical support=
|osu!media creation=
|Wiki administration=
|Mentorship=
|osu!stream manager=
|some=
|Arabic=
|Bulgarian=
|Cantonese=
|Chinese=
|Czech=
|Dutch=
|Filipino=
|Finnish=
|French=
|German=
|Greek=
|Hebrew=
|Hungarian=
|Indonesian=
|Italian=
|Japanese=
|Korean=
|Malaysian=
|Norwegian=
|Polish=
|Portuguese=
|Romanian=
|Russian=
|Serbian=
|Spanish=
|Swedish=
|Swiss=
|Thai=
|Turkish=
|Ukrainian=
|Vietnamese=
}}

QAT template
{{Quality_Assurance_Team/Members
|Names=
|Modes=
|Languages=
|some=
|Arabic=
|Bulgarian=
|Cantonese=
|Chinese=
|Czech=
|Dutch=
|Filipino=
|Finnish=
|French=
|German=
|Greek=
|Hebrew=
|Hungarian=
|Indonesian=
|Italian=
|Japanese=
|Korean=
|Malaysian=
|Norwegian=
|Polish=
|Portuguese=
|Romanian=
|Russian=
|Serbian=
|Spanish=
|Swedish
|Swiss=
|Thai=
|Turkish=
|Ukrainian=
|Vietnamese=
}}

BNG template
{{Beatmap_Nomination_Group/Members
|Name=
|Languages=
|some=
|Arabic=
|Bulgarian=
|Cantonese=
|Chinese=
|Czech=
|Dutch=
|Filipino=
|Finnish=
|French=
|German=
|Greek=
|Hebrew=
|Hungarian=
|Indonesian=
|Italian=
|Japanese=
|Korean=
|Malaysian=
|Norwegian=
|Polish=
|Portuguese=
|Romanian=
|Russian=
|Serbian=
|Spanish=
|Swedish=
|Swiss=
|Thai=
|Turkish=
|Ukrainian=
|Vietnamese=
}}

Support Team template
{{Support_Team/Members
|Click here to edit this table template =
|Names=
|Languages=
|some=
|Arabic=
|Bulgarian=
|Cantonese=
|Chinese=
|Czech=
|Dutch=
|Filipino=
|Finnish=
|French=
|German=
|Greek=
|Hebrew=
|Hungarian=
|Indonesian=
|Italian=
|Japanese=
|Korean=
|Malaysian=
|Norwegian=
|Polish=
|Portuguese=
|Romanian=
|Russian=
|Serbian=
|Spanish=
|Swedish=
|Swiss=
|Thai=
|Turkish=
|Ukrainian=
|Vietnamese=
}}

Language moderators template
{{Language_Moderators/Members
|Channel=
|Subforum=
|Operators=
|All moderators=
}}
XPJ38
The French pages are now updated with these templates.

Some things I noticed in your previous post:
  1. you forgot the = sign for Swedish in every template
  2. you added an extra / in the template title "Language Moderators/Members/"
  3. you forgot the _ in the template titles "Support Team/Members" and "Language Moderators/Members"
  4. why is the BNG template named "Beatmap_Nomination_Group_Members" and not "Beatmap_Nomination_Group/Members"?
Deimos

XPJ38 wrote:

The French pages are now updated with these templates.

Some things I noticed in your previous post:
  1. you forgot the = sign for Swedish in every template
  2. you added an extra / in the template title "Language Moderators/Members/"
  3. you forgot the _ in the template titles "Support Team/Members" and "Language Moderators/Members"
  4. why is the BNG template named "Beatmap_Nomination_Group_Members" and not "Beatmap_Nomination_Group/Members"?
1. Fixed, thx.
2. Fixed, thx.
3. _ is not needed. Added them.
4. Blame the creator *cough* Nathanael *cough*, but shouldn't take that much time to make it consistent. PS: Fixed
XPJ38
Nice, thank you.
Repflez
Just a heads up. I have deleted most if not all rules translations by request. This is because we had a new wording of the current rules.
Please retranslate your language pages if I deleted them. If you need the old text of the pages, feel free to PM me.

I left some pages because they're already translated or I couldn't find if they were retranslated.
RaikireHiuduo
Problem statement:-
Inability to save wikipage.

Pages in question:-
a. Announcement Archive
b. opsu!

Steps to reproduce:-
1. "Save page".
2. Directed to CloudFlare's security page. Image link (lower half info excluding ID and IP)

---------
Site owner = peppy?
Deimos

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Problem statement:-
Inability to save wikipage.

Pages in question:-
a. Announcement Archive
b. opsu!

Steps to reproduce:-
1. "Save page".
2. Directed to CloudFlare's security page. Image link (lower half info excluding ID and IP)

---------
Site owner = peppy?
t/399859
icecream00
can someone help me?
I see on my osu game that I have Lv. 9 but on my profile page it says Lv. 4
is there something wrong/
Seijiro
It just needs to update. Lately the servers are kinda slow in general, don't worry.

Also, next time ask in 5 please.
This is the wrong subforumformsuch things
Kadabozz

Ephemeral wrote:

osu! now has a wiki dedicated to all sorts of information about everything osu! related

you can access it here:
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

please log in and start adding content!

Hey. I'm a Mac player (of Osu!, of course) and from about 2 weeks i'm having problems with installing beat maps. Every time i download a beat map and install it (with all possible ways) Osu's says that the file failed or/and is corrupted (and moves it to 'Failed' folder)... I tried everything and the problem continues. I have like 2 months playing Osu! on mac and i never got problems. My mac is fully updated and Etc.- When this problem will have a solution? Osu! without newer beat maps (i have 968) isn't Osu... >:( :cry: Thanks~
Pawsu

Kadabozz wrote:

Hey. I'm a Mac player (of Osu!, of course) and from about 2 weeks i'm having problems with installing beat maps. Every time i download a beat map and install it (with all possible ways) Osu's says that the file failed or/and is corrupted (and moves it to 'Failed' folder)... I tried everything and the problem continues. I have like 2 months playing Osu! on mac and i never got problems. My mac is fully updated and Etc.- When this problem will have a solution? Osu! without newer beat maps (i have 968) isn't Osu... >:( :cry: Thanks~
Post your problem in here, please.
Endaris
Slack-entry under "Contributor Links" on the main page should get removed since osu!slack got closed. (protected page)
Nathanael

Endaris wrote:

Slack-entry under "Contributor Links" on the main page should get removed since osu!slack got closed. (protected page)
Edit this sandbox next time and request an update from a wiki admin. ;)
Endaris
Ah cool, didn't know that one. Will do
RaikireHiuduo
Basic questions:-
1. Why the transfer from current Wikimedia to GitHub?
1.1. Where is the main page (as in, the front page for visitors, not developers) of the wiki in GitHub? :<
2. Do you want me to contribute to GitHub page or the current wiki?
3. What is Score v2? Standardized 1 million score (70% combo, 30% accuracy) on all modes (no gamemod)?

In another note: I am back (for Multi-play). Got some screenshots for some picture updates and text changes.

EDIT: Apparently, GitHub's Markdown does not support colspan/rowspan. Anything fancier means HTML and HTML only. This leads to a problem; how to reuse multiple function/directory bar in a page?
MattMayuga
The osu!wiki will be moved to GitHub very soon. This will be the new osu!wiki there. I hope you enjoyed reading this.
- Nyurin -
Any chance that Traditional Chinese version happens? For now, Chinese wiki is labeled as ZH, however there's Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. If there's ZH-SC / ZH-TC, it'd be nice.

We also have a SC/TC translation table on Wikipedia. Maybe you guys can use those. Since not only writing differs between SC/TC, words used are different too.
Repflez

- Nyurin - wrote:

Any chance that Traditional Chinese version happens? For now, Chinese wiki is labeled as ZH, however there's Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. If there's ZH-SC / ZH-TC, it'd be nice.

We also have a SC/TC translation table on Wikipedia. Maybe you guys can use those. Since not only writing differs between SC/TC, words used are different too.
Pretty much the mediawiki version of the wiki is all but deprecated at this point. All wiki efforts are happening on the GitHub repo. I recommend to do those efforts on the GitHub repo.