forum

[assigned] [confirmed] score multiplier not working?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
Apparently, auto doesn't even beat the #1 score, using the exact same mods and spinning 20,000 on the spinner.
Still think Its just because I'm not spinning fast enough?

Or how about auto spinning 20,000 on the spinner, with all mods?

Most of the top 50 plays are above this score. How is this possible when none of them can spin as fast as auto?
o x
Auto does not give the highest possible score. This is nothing to do with a glitch or a bug as we have said multiple times. This is just how scoring works.
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
SS = same score for every player, correct?

So the only way to differ that score, is by spinning more on a spinner.

Osu Auto, spins more than everyone, so naturally, I assume it should be the top score. Seeing as how the current top score had 2000 less bonus.
How could it not be? I've been playing osu for four years and I've never seen anybody get more than auto, only break the lawyers. (I'm NOT suggesting any of these guys did that btw)

So explain to me this, please, as I find it difficult to comprehend.
How come when I had 2000 spinner bonus less that #1 play, there is a difference of 6100 points, yet when osu!auto earns 2000 MORE points than the #1 play, it is still over 1000 points short?
Kao
Auto does not always get higher than every user, this case is most apparently obvious in the tewi spinner map https://osu.ppy.sh/b/260177&m=2
Auto had a delay in the spin which caused a lot of 100 rather than 300 where I could by continuing spinning, instead of stopping every time.

I'm not sure about this but every bit of spin counts in a spinner, as you won't see hundred points adding up, only thousands. It might be that you got a lower point in the first spinner then you didn't have enough points to catch up in the last spinner Vice versa. Even if you see "3000" as the last in the spinner the #1 might've gotten 500 or even 900 points higher
This is just my 2 cents
VeilStar
Not sure what the exact hell is going on here, what I can say though is that Auto seems to achieve the same score as the score it previously achieved regardless of mods.

Edit: Pinning this.
Kao
Could it just be that lag is what's causing auto to fall behind the spinner, thus losing a bit of score?
VeilStar

Kao wrote:

Could it just be that lag is what's causing auto to fall behind the spinner, thus losing a bit of score?
Definitely not the case here. Go try it out for yourself.
Dusk69
I personally believe it's the delay when osu! begins spinning. Humans are ready to spin, yet auto will always propose a delay.

I might be wrong. I am a true newbie, so who knows? :/
Bara-

Dusk69 wrote:

I personally believe it's the delay when osu! begins spinning. Humans are ready to spin, yet auto will always propose a delay.

The thing is, is that regular auto can't spin consistently. If I have HR+Auto, and then normal Auto, the second Auto would get the HR score instead

Isn't it a good idea to reword the title/OP a bit to make this more clear?
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt

Dusk69 wrote:

That may be true for Tewi Spinners, but this map has only one spinner.

Besides, that isn't the issue.
The issue is that you or auto, always achieve the same score regardless of mods.
In my case, osu auto achieves 30610 score with any combination of HRDTHRFL and 20,000 spinner bonus, but with EZHTNF or any combination of, it achieves the same spin bonus - 20000, yet scores 31710. And its not consistent. Sometimes it'll score 100 points more, sometimes 100 points less. The biggest inconsistency I saw was 1200 points by auto - using the same mods it used just 2 minutes previous.
The other mystery is there are scores which achieve less spinnerbonus than you or auto, but have far more score using the same mods. If score really worked "like that", how come Auto or I don't get the same scores by using the same mods and achieving the same spinner bonus?

Bara- wrote:

Do you have something in mind?
Kao

Imperf3kt wrote:

Dusk69 wrote:

That may be true for Tewi Spinners, but this map has only one spinner.

Besides, that isn't the issue.
The issue is that you or auto, always achieve the same score regardless of mods.
In my case, osu auto achieves 30610 score with any combination of HRDTHRFL and 20,000 spinner bonus, but with EZHTNF or any combination of, it achieves the same spin bonus - 20000, yet scores 31710. And its not consistent. Sometimes it'll score 100 points more, sometimes 100 points less. The biggest inconsistency I saw was 1200 points by auto - using the same mods it used just 2 minutes previous.
The other mystery is there are scores which achieve less spinnerbonus than you or auto, but have far more score using the same mods. If score really worked "like that", how come Auto or I don't get the same scores by using the same mods and achieving the same spinner bonus?

Bara- wrote:

Do you have something in mind?
Well I have thought that using HR made my spinning a bit slower, getting 2000 in spinner vs 8000 with nomod, I have thought that because of HR, the spin is heavier but awards higher points thus even with 2000 it still awards a final score of 8000
This is just a theory, it could be the reason the scores are the same and/or different even if the spinner score was higher and/or lower.
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
HR does make the spinner 'heavier', resulting in less spinner bonus, however spinner bonus is not included in the score modifiers.
If you spin 2000, you get 2000 regardless of mods.
Well, not 2000, you get 300+300(multiplier affected?)+spinnerbonus. 300 for hitting the spinner, 300 for finishing the spinner multiplied by the mods and then your spinnerbonus added on top.
As far as I'm aware, scoring bonus only works in lots of 1000
Go play levan polkka (the spinner map), it'll give you a good idea as to how spinners and spinnerbonus works)

EZ is the opposite, the spinner is 'lightened' and gives you more bonus for the same spins - at least, this is what I've seen. I cannot really confirm it (about EZ).
loloplayer420_DELETED
Now my question is: How could Sven archieve to spin over 477 spm and get 100 points more than a normal player can get?
Topic Starter
Imperf3kt
Sven didn't, if you watch the replay (missing, as #1 appears to have randomly changed) they spin around 450.
The question, is how come 20,000 spinner bonus isn't enough to beat 18,000 spinner bonus (even when full mod), when both plays are SS and there's only one spinner in the map.
rikia
Idk if these issues are the same, but I had an issue with a score on this map.

The issue is there are no spinners, yet #1 got #1 with 40 point lead, so why did he get #1? You cant get 40+ points from thin air.
Kao

Viperial wrote:

The issue is there are no spinners, yet #1 got #1 with 40 point lead, so why did he get #1? You cant get 40+ points from thin air.
He could've use an old client/different release stream which caused his score to be calculated higher than normal.
Such as here that combo aren't the same in different streams

That's the only thing that can cause something like this.
I noticed his play was made in 12/12/2015
while the 2nd place was made in 5/13/2016
There's no doubt that since he used an old client that it could've cause a note (probably a tick of a slider) to have his score higher.
rikia

Kao wrote:

Viperial wrote:

He could've use an old client/different release stream which caused his score to be calculated higher than normal.
Such as here that combo aren't the same in different streams

That's the only thing that can cause something like this.
I noticed his play was made in 12/12/2015
while the 2nd place was made in 5/13/2016
There's no doubt that since he used an old client that it could've cause a note (probably a tick of a slider) to have his score higher.
This might be true, I remember long ago seeing that he got an extra 40 points after the map was over, I don't see this right now so i might have to change release streams. Might be dreaming that time idk. If I changed release streams and Performed an HDDTHRFL SS and got 40 points then ill believe that.
Oh wait, you said old client. not old release stream. I guess that means that I wont be able to get #2nd place rip
Ronja
strange
Dntm8kmeeatu
Bumped to prevent Archiving
seylek
Dntm8kmeeatu

seylek wrote:

Welcome to the forums. Don't bump posts with nonsense please?
Scarlet Evans
Anything new in this matter?

P.S. I think that it just got automatically Archived again.