forum

Osu!Mania to Stepmania Converter v0.2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hydria
Download link plus place to post bugs and suggestions can be found here: http://hydria.ga/
All support for future patches will be on that website.

NOTE: This only creates the .sm file at the current moment, and isn't too quick at it (Can take up to 2 min to convert a 7 min file so be wary of this.) If you want the file to work in SM, follow the steps provided below:

1. Find out the location of your Stepmania folder. For some people it will be located in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\StepMania 5\Songs, for other people it will be located somewhere else.
2. Go into the Songs folder and create a new folder to store songs in. This will be the "pack".
3. Create a folder for the song that you're porting over, the best folder name format being "SONG NAME (CHARTER)"
4. Place the .sm file in there, along with the background image and the .mp3 file used in the original osu folder.
5. Either boot up Stepmania or go to Options -> "Reload Songs / Courses" and then the chart should be in game.

A quick guide to using the converter:

1. Press "Input" and then go to where the .osu file is located
2. Press "Check File" which should load the information into the program. If it doesn't, link the song in this thread.
3. Type the number into the "Difficulty Level" section and choose a difficulty for the "Difficulty Step" section. Failure to do so will mean the file probably won't work.
4. Press "Output" and choose the location of where you want to save the .sm file. The guide above is helpful if you want to get the file working straight away.
5. Press Convert and wait.

Current planned features:

MAJOR CHANGES:

- Folder Support - Includes setting default folders and creation of packs/songs inside the program.
- Moving over other files.
- Multiple BPMs.

MINOR CHANGES:

- Supporting stops / 0BPM files.
- Adding support for Banners and CDTitles.
- Support for custom SampleStart and SampleLength information if wanted.
- Possible support for multiple keys?
peppy
Seems like the wrong direction :P.
Agka
prepare to be flooded with dumb questions hydria
Mat

peppy wrote:

Rofl.
BilliumMoto
hydria help
what is osu!mania?
Valedict
can u convert maniera????
-Squishy
i thought this was osu!maniera
Kamikaze

peppy wrote:

I disagree, Stepmania needs to have more tv sizes
XinCrin
It should be posted in Stepmania forums :P
LeiN-
Really nice program it is! btw still so many bugs in there.

bugs I found atm are

BPM change makes notes to be dislocated. like this one.

and some notes are not converted randomly in this map(LeiN-'s Lv.19). idk why but at least the hitsounds and timing points are not the reason(bookmarks too).

Looking forward to this tool gonna be generally fine.
Keep up the good work :)
Kitsune-kun
can u convert chaoz airflow 1.2 pls i really love this song
_Gaster
Here's what I did with the Hydria converter...

Yuyoyuppe - AiAe (mapped by Fullerene-). All 5 diffs, though I didn't bother to rename them. Also, there are obscenely delayed notes at the very end.

Chrome - sink to the deep sea world (mapped by LeiN- with a little edit by me). I had to edit the last 4 notes because the converter spit them out of snaps. Oh, and 1/8 broken stairs before the first kiai. My personal mod.

Oh, and most importantly, I made those banners you'll see in it. And, the difficulty meter is the diff's star rating * 5, decimals discarded.
k1ng0fqu33n5
Are you no longer working on the program? :(
Jesuren
I Need it, Link plss :c
Hidden Palace
When update?
Sonny737
rip update :(