forum

[Archived] Not getting email notification on forum topics nor pm-forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iYiyo
Problem Details:

Since 4 Jan I'm not getting any notifications on my gmail. They're not in the junk folder. Also I have the "Notify me on new private messages" activated on settings > board preferences. I also received the account verification email without problems, it's just the forum-pms and new replys on topics I'm subscribed to that are not being received. And yes, I check the "Notify me when a reply is posted"

Would be something with gmail? Awkward because I got the account verification email and also because as far as I remember, I didn't change anything of my settings.

Pls help :(

PD: Something that called my attention was that the link to "Edit posting defaults" on board preferences was broken, it doesn't render any view.

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Starrodkirby86
This is likely related to this problem, where due to some change internally with different localization in the notification email, the forums can't find one for Spanish and is unable to send any emails. I think the account verification thing either doesn't rely on this notification email thing and is a different system overall.

NOTE: For anyone who wants to reply in this thread, remember that the error displayed is related to this notification problem, and that your post did go through despite the error. Refreshing will create a double post by accident.
Topic Starter
iYiyo
Thanks for the quick answer! That might be the case. However I know spanish people (not spain, but latin america) that are getting the notifications via email correctly. Also the link you mentioned was from 2 months ago, but in these days I was receiving emails properly. This is just happening to me for the past 10 days or so. That's weird because it means something triggered this error in the meantime?

Also there's not solution to this problem yet? What should I do? I feel like in a bubble without these notifications :(

Thanks again.
Kao
I think when you have the online status an email isn't sent.
It's a pure guess though.
I think I sent this while you were Online. (You were offline before pressing "post" though, not sure.
(I don't think you'll receive any email though, since the error is present)

About the "Edit posting defaults" it was removed, it isn't related to your problem.
More information can be found here.
Topic Starter
iYiyo

Kao wrote:

I think when you have the online status an email isn't sent.
It's a pure guess though.
I think I sent this while you were Online. (You were offline before pressing "post" though, not sure.
(I don't think you'll receive any email though, since the error is present)

About the "Edit posting defaults" it was removed, it isn't related to your problem.
More information can be found here.
Noup, I didn't receive anything :c Have to check everything manually.

And thanks for the info of this "Edit posting defaults" :)

Still want to fix this problem :c
Topic Starter
iYiyo
BUMP BUMP BUMP

I was reading the "main error thread" and saw Starrodkirby86's post. After reading all these localization stuff I thought that "My languaje" wasn't actually British English even my settings say so

Then I went to the new osu website and realized that my languaje was "Español". (Don't remember if I changed it manually or not)

After that I changed it to English on the new site and asked a friend to post whatever on a thread I'm subscribed to... and charan! I got the email notification as normal...

So yeah, this might be a hotfix for this issue. Changing the languaje to English on the new osu website fix this email problem.

Seems like email notifications still work with old forum only and if you set another languaje than english (at least spanish) then it will appear like you have English languaje on the old website while having another languaje on the new website. I hope I explained myself right xD.. Well here they say exactly what the problem should be, not finding the right template for specific localization so no emails.

Hope this can be solved asap!
Dntm8kmeeatu
Curse you missing email templates!
Starrodkirby86
Oh right! Cawub was pointing this out too here.

Once the new forums system is in place, I think this issue will no longer be necessary. In the meantime though...