forum

Animal Crossing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soaprman
I unloaded over 100 baskets of perfect cherries in someone's town once and got over 3 million bells. It was kind of silly! I guess Reese thought it was worth the money.

Seems cherries are a pretty popular native fruit. Most people I know seem to have cherries...
Jarby
Still not sure if I've managed to get my odd connection issues sorted since I've managed to visit dream towns and get DLC just fine. All the router configuration information I've found has been exclusive to American brands. Tell me if you add me so I can see if I can visit your town after messing about with it some more: 4897-6167-0433. At least I can still have adventures on my own, particularly with nasty villagers like Bree.

Criticizing my fashion sense...

...and sticking pins in my chair.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I ended up visiting Derekku's dream town. It's actually really fun!

Lots of pictures here

The two tile road patterns here are quite nice. I personally stuck to a simpler design to make it easier on myself, but I'm sort of regretting it now.

Three alt characters here with work in progress houses too. You keep up that turnip business, Kayla.

He's got Jacques too, my first (and only) smug villager! Now to the main feature: Derekku's house.

The sleek series looks pretty rad in purple, I must admit. K.K. Chorale is playing in this room; I'm definitely going to get the song next Saturday.

My favourite room! The ore refurbished furniture is just dandy.

Loads of rare stuff here, but...

Is that a pickle? There was another room, but I forgot to screenshot it. Oops.

Just taking your blue roses, dear.

You've got too many flowers anyway.

Aaaand that's all.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Jarby wrote:

Out of curiosity, I ended up visiting Derekku's dream town. It's actually really fun!
I really enjoyed your pictures and captions; thanks for visiting!

Jarby wrote:

The two tile road patterns here are quite nice. I personally stuck to a simpler design to make it easier on myself, but I'm sort of regretting it now.
Diagonal bridges are absolute hell for making roads look decent; the traffic light and extra few tiles help a lot imo.

Jarby wrote:

Three alt characters here with work in progress houses too. You keep up that turnip business, Kayla.
i.e. furniture storage :P. I did a lot of refurbishing (200 items needed for the gold refurbishing badge) and didn't have the heart to sell the sets. Instead, I decided to throw them into my slaves' houses along with non-reorderable furniture sets (Gracie/event/holiday/etc).

Jarby wrote:

He's got Jacques too, my first (and only) smug villager! Now to the main feature: Derekku's house.
Definitely one of my favorite villagers!

Jarby wrote:

The sleek series looks pretty rad in purple, I must admit. K.K. Chorale is playing in this room; I'm definitely going to get the song next Saturday.
Sadly the sleek series can only be redone in red, purple, and a cow-like print, but purple is definitely pretty nice!

Jarby wrote:

My favourite room! The ore refurbished furniture is just dandy.
Soooo shinyyyyyyy~

Jarby wrote:

Loads of rare stuff here, but...
i.e. junk (but will soon be replaced by newly-refurbised minimalist/astro sets)

Jarby wrote:

Is that a pickle? There was another room, but I forgot to screenshot it. Oops.
It's actually a cucumber! It's one of two items from Obon, a JP-only holiday that was a couple of weeks ago. They're not reorderable from the catalog, but I can let you (or anyone else) catalog them for the sake of completion if you'd like!

Jarby wrote:

Just taking your blue roses, dear.
:(

Jarby wrote:

You've got too many flowers anyway.
Yeah they're spreading like wildfire and I haven't gotten around to placing them in pretty patterns. I'd really just like to keep hybrids, anyway.

Jarby wrote:

Aaaand that's all.
Thanks again! I need to update my dream since it's been a week or so, but I'm glad that you enjoyed the town!
Jarby
I'll probably set up a dream address for my town in a couple of weeks. It's still a bit too boring to share.
Soaprman

Derek, how you gonna have all this fancy shit in your houses and still have a default pattern on your flag. Come on now.

#nocussingclub
Topic Starter
Derekku

Soaprman wrote:

Derek, how you gonna have all this fancy shit in your houses and still have a default pattern on your flag. Come on now.
oooooooops

yeah I just can't decide on a good design ): ...eventually!

Soaprman wrote:

#nocussingclub
ooooops
Ephemeral
toss us an invite to the skype group? i'm a total ac nub - skype is ephemeralis
Jarby
I think there's just the 3DS group as a whole right now.
-kevincela-
I've recently got a ACNL digital copy for free thanks to a friend of mine :) I am really enjoying it, even though I haven't unlocked all the shops yet and I still have to do a lot of things! My friend code anyways is 3394-3578-5864, feel free to add me if you want :D
Soaprman
It's a general 3DS group, yeah, but there's no problem discussing Animal Crossing in there. It's usually Pokémon talk...
Jarby
I'll form a separate Animal Crossing one if there's any interest.
Soaprman
Alright, we decided to form a group to get a room that doesn't get flooded by pocket monster chat as soon as we turn our backs. People in it right now:

* me ("the soaper man")
* Derekku
* Ephermeral
* bomber34

Pester anyone in the group to be added. When you're in, you can add other people by dragging them from your contact list into the group chat.
Topic Starter
Derekku
Some recent achievements/progress:
  1. Finally hit 100M bells (thanks to three months' worth of turnips)
  2. Working on completely paying off my slaves' houses for furniture storage (unorderable sets like Gracie/event/holiday)
  3. Changed my road pattern for Autumn (from dark brown to a grayish silver)
  4. Got a villager to move out that had placed his house in the WORST possible spot (on top of some crossroad paths)
  5. Adopted a cute little mouse from a friend (as I was missing his personality type in my town)
  6. Built a few more PWPs
  7. Obtained nearly 70% total catalog completion!
I'll update my dream town before the night's over as well!

EDIT: Updated and posted known dream addresses in the OP.
Jarby
PSA: The stained glass furniture has six (!) separate styles for both the inner and outer edges of it. You can customize the inner circle with your own design to make a really nice mural without the typical square edges you have to deal with.

I promised myself I wouldn't go filling my town and house with other people's designs, so I'm just going to leave it at that. Hopefully I'll be artistically capable of making my own road pattern eventually. Also:

I guess you can't fault her for trying.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Jarby wrote:

I promised myself I wouldn't go filling my town and house with other people's designs
I'm too artistically challenged to make my own designs :(
Remco32
Man, I can't be bugged to play this anymore. It always goes something like this:
- Decide to play AC
- Open the game, get bugged that I haven't been playing in a while and that everyone is missing me
- Have to talk to every single villager now
- After doing that, I realize I have to gather money to progress (expand house, build ornaments, buy furniture)
- Realize that means grinding the island

And all of that isn't any fun to do.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Remco32 wrote:

Man, I can't be bugged to play this anymore. It always goes something like this:
- Decide to play AC
- Open the game, get bugged that I haven't been playing in a while and that everyone is missing me
- Have to talk to every single villager now
- After doing that, I realize I have to gather money to progress (expand house, build ornaments, buy furniture)
- Realize that means grinding the island

And all of that isn't any fun to do.
It's unfortunate that it's almost required to play every day for the best experience. These games are meant to be casual and good for stress relief, but can end up causing stress and make tasks feel like work instead of fun. ):

In other news, I have:
  1. Paid off my slaves' houses
  2. Adopted a 10th villager
  3. Filled up my town with PWPs (still have room for one more, but I can't get it for a few months due to being event-exclusive)
  4. Cleaned up some trees/flowers (still have a lot of work to do with flowers, though)
To-Do list:
  1. Finally get a non-default flag design
  2. Put some designs in Able Sisters' so that my villagers will stop wearing road patterns >.>
  3. Give my slaves some non-default clothes and hairstyles
  4. Rearrange flowers for maximum aesthetics and hybrid probabilities
einna
new acnl update after almost 4 years :0)!!

Chaosemerald
D-does that mean that I have to unbox my Amiibos..?!

Anyway, it's an awesome update. Can't wait to unlock and play the minigames, especially Puzzle League :'D
MrAdamson45
WARNING! dont buy amiibo festival! its boring as hell!!!
Chaosemerald

MrAdamson45 wrote:

WARNING! dont buy amiibo festival! its boring as hell!!!
Yeah, it seems like a pretty useless game, if you don't own any amiibos